Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin extends contract till 2019 10:12 - Nov 23 with 13952 viewsmeeee

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/november/andrew_contract-extension_nov-2
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:44 - Nov 23 with 3730 viewsrochdale_ranger

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:19 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

I was there too.

Those days were manna compared to some that went before.

Struggling in League One isn't really 'dire', as such, but I suppose it's all relative.

Somone pointed out in the Bucketti post that teams like Bury spending money they have not got makes younger Dale fans envious and bitter at our own Club and board for being prudent. Is this the case? Does the younger Dale fan have unreasonable expectations for what Rochdale should be doing and achieving? The last two seasons have seen us just miss out on the play-offs by a few points this season it would seem we are regressing rather then progressing. We have set our stall out as a defensive tean rather then a passing and attacking team, to say it is un-hill like is a compliment to Hill.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:46 - Nov 23 with 3730 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:44 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

You said he'd been given a two-year contract, which he hadn't. nordenblue hasn't even mentioned that.

“Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:29 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

So you can't answer the question then for this season?the very season hes been offered a new contract yet you're willing to base your opinion on other peoples views and what you've read too,staggering..... “

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:52 - Nov 23 with 3709 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:46 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

So you can't answer the question then for this season?the very season hes been offered a new contract yet you're willing to base your opinion on other peoples views and what you've read too,staggering..... “

He was already contracted to the end of this season (2018), so his extension is for a further 12 months.

Still not sure why you dragged me into the debate between you and nordenblue, mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:57 - Nov 23 with 3698 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:44 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

Somone pointed out in the Bucketti post that teams like Bury spending money they have not got makes younger Dale fans envious and bitter at our own Club and board for being prudent. Is this the case? Does the younger Dale fan have unreasonable expectations for what Rochdale should be doing and achieving? The last two seasons have seen us just miss out on the play-offs by a few points this season it would seem we are regressing rather then progressing. We have set our stall out as a defensive tean rather then a passing and attacking team, to say it is un-hill like is a compliment to Hill.

You really shouldn’t compare us to bury.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:59 - Nov 23 with 3695 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:52 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

He was already contracted to the end of this season (2018), so his extension is for a further 12 months.

Still not sure why you dragged me into the debate between you and nordenblue, mind.

Ok thanks for clarification of the extension.

I was being silly bringing you into the conversation, for which I do apologise.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 09:22 - Nov 24 with 3566 viewsdavidab2202

Possibly surprised he has been offered a contract extension at this stage of the season when as we are all a little concerned that there is on the evidence of the results so far this season the possibility of relegation.
A very wholehearted player who puts in a shift(no not forgotten his red mist moment which was unforgivable ),but unfortunately his scoring record over a long playing career is not befitting that of a recognised striker and without goals games are not won
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 11:42 - Nov 24 with 3487 viewsDaleFan7

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:10 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

Hill's got a five-year contract. He will still be here even if things are 'still this dire' in January.

Presumably you weren't around when things were even more dire?

Our re-elections were 40 years ago. It's almost as bad as Bury clinging on to the fact that they won the FA Cup once. If fans can't have any expectations or at least look forward to going watching a half decent game of football from their team, then what is the point in going?

Send us back to League Two or even the National League now where we can be content because that's where we should be (as a small club). We shouldn't be going, 'well it was worse 40 years ago so these performances, because we're in a higher division, are acceptable.' I am in no way a 'Hill Out' person by the way.

And on the point of Andrew's contract. He's clearly someone who Hill values having in the squad and probably does a lot behind the scenes that we don't see. Whether that is worth a playing wage is up to the manager to decide. Though I can't see him being one of our highest earners.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 11:57 - Nov 24 with 3467 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 11:42 - Nov 24 by DaleFan7

Our re-elections were 40 years ago. It's almost as bad as Bury clinging on to the fact that they won the FA Cup once. If fans can't have any expectations or at least look forward to going watching a half decent game of football from their team, then what is the point in going?

Send us back to League Two or even the National League now where we can be content because that's where we should be (as a small club). We shouldn't be going, 'well it was worse 40 years ago so these performances, because we're in a higher division, are acceptable.' I am in no way a 'Hill Out' person by the way.

And on the point of Andrew's contract. He's clearly someone who Hill values having in the squad and probably does a lot behind the scenes that we don't see. Whether that is worth a playing wage is up to the manager to decide. Though I can't see him being one of our highest earners.

Wouldn't disagree with most of that, but like I said, it's all relative, usually to how long people have been watching.

Nobody in their right mind thinks this season has been anything but poor, but there is a lack of perspective from a lot of people and, I would imagine, it's probably the younger end of the fan base. Take rochdaleranger's post about Bury's spending, for example.

It's not a criticism of them, by the way,. When I started watching in 1982 I was told things had been much worse than they were then. We ended-up having to apply for re-election, if I remember correctly!

Login to get fewer ads

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 13:11 - Nov 24 with 3393 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:14 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

Don’t know, but have seen plenty of him in previous years, as well as hearing and reading other people’s views to form an opinion. People whose opinions I trust on the question of football.
We won’t change each other’s point of view on this, but p,ease just answer the following.

Please point out where I have accused him of being our worst player on the pitch.

He's the only player I seem to remember you singling out as not being "good enough",unless you can enlighten us to any other players not "good enough" in our past/current players too,bearing in mind it's one of our most successful periods EVER in terms of quality on the pitch...
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 13:15 - Nov 24 with 3389 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:46 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

I've never mentioned the length of his contract once,that cut and paste you've done is the post title and the time,date I posted my reply.....
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 15:14 - Nov 24 with 3338 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 13:15 - Nov 24 by nordenblue

I've never mentioned the length of his contract once,that cut and paste you've done is the post title and the time,date I posted my reply.....

You mentioned him being offered a new contract. It was a contract extension, as more pedantic people might have pointed out if posted by some.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 15:27 - Nov 24 with 3317 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 13:11 - Nov 24 by nordenblue

He's the only player I seem to remember you singling out as not being "good enough",unless you can enlighten us to any other players not "good enough" in our past/current players too,bearing in mind it's one of our most successful periods EVER in terms of quality on the pitch...

The reason why people have mentioned him is because this thread is about him!!!! Maybe you would like a rule that only posts that agree with the OP should be allowed, and certainly no criticism of any player or manager is allowed.

It’s not my job to highlight any posts in which I might have been negative about any of our players, in good , bad or indifferent times.

Elsewhere on this thread, I agreed with someone about being surprised that big Jim got a contract extension. I would rather have Big Calvin than Big Jim , so there you go, that’s at least one player worse than Calvin.

And yes I KNOW that this is the most successful time in the Club’s history, together with the post promotion period of 1969, in terms of quality on the pitch.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:28 - Nov 24 with 3274 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 15:27 - Nov 24 by 1mark1

The reason why people have mentioned him is because this thread is about him!!!! Maybe you would like a rule that only posts that agree with the OP should be allowed, and certainly no criticism of any player or manager is allowed.

It’s not my job to highlight any posts in which I might have been negative about any of our players, in good , bad or indifferent times.

Elsewhere on this thread, I agreed with someone about being surprised that big Jim got a contract extension. I would rather have Big Calvin than Big Jim , so there you go, that’s at least one player worse than Calvin.

And yes I KNOW that this is the most successful time in the Club’s history, together with the post promotion period of 1969, in terms of quality on the pitch.

The post is pretty self explanatory to most and doesn't require further clarification but thanks anyway,where do I ask that only positivity or agreement is allowed on any thread?

It's certainly not your job to provide any evidence but would certainly add a bit of balance maybe....

I've said the over reaction by some is laughable and again so is labelling players not good enough when you've not really seen much of this season,yet base an opinion on others views instead,or maybe just on what you read but each to their own I suppose......

If you'd actually watched Jim recently rather than just listen to people you'd also realise hes actually improved quite a bit too,but please don't let that spoil what you've read.....
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:58 - Nov 24 with 3249 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 16:28 - Nov 24 by nordenblue

The post is pretty self explanatory to most and doesn't require further clarification but thanks anyway,where do I ask that only positivity or agreement is allowed on any thread?

It's certainly not your job to provide any evidence but would certainly add a bit of balance maybe....

I've said the over reaction by some is laughable and again so is labelling players not good enough when you've not really seen much of this season,yet base an opinion on others views instead,or maybe just on what you read but each to their own I suppose......

If you'd actually watched Jim recently rather than just listen to people you'd also realise hes actually improved quite a bit too,but please don't let that spoil what you've read.....

Like others I expressed my opinion on the contract extension of Calvin Andrew.

Not up to me to provide any evidence, for someone with an opposing viewpoint, to help them with their argument. You look through my posts if you so wish. Bit daft really that I am receiving grief for NOT slagging off or criticising other players.

I saw enough of Calvin in his first two seasons with us , and from all accounts he hasn’t improved. I will not take advice or lectures from the likes of you , who I should or should not listen to as far as Dale related viewpoints are concerned. When I was attending games and holding my views on Calvin Andrew, these people held the same views as me on how they saw him, so I am satisfied, along with reading other viewpoints that I get a resonable account of him.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 17:16 - Nov 24 with 3221 viewsYouTubeDale

Get in their box Calvin and feed off the scraps. The ball spilt to the Charlton player to earn all 3 points. If we see a spilt ball tomorrow smash it into the back of the net. Last Saturday, late on, their goalie spilt it...but no Dale player there to take advantage.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 17:21]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 18:28 - Nov 24 with 3177 viewsisitme

A bit late to this party but here goes. Andrew is a cult figure within the club. He is obviously a role model for younger players and very professional. On the pitch he will try is best but he does not score enough goals. He has developed in his time at the club, but does not really score enough to be seen as a front line player. As a squad player who helps to guide the younger players it is a decent contract extension, depending on how much he is being paid.

My real concern is Steven Davies, who will be on a good wage, but has flattered to deceive. I expected him to score 20 goals this season, if he stayed fit, which mostly he has. We have a number of options up front and wide but we have struggled in midfield for most of the season.

On a side note I do find it interesting how people can judge players' performances when they have not seen them play recently, but that could just be me.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 23:34 - Nov 25 with 2980 viewsYouTubeDale

Well done for scoring a goal today Calvin, getting in the box and doing the business.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 10:59 - Nov 26 with 2860 viewsaleanddale

Yes well done Calvin a tidy finish.

A solid player attacking and defending let's hope this is the kick start to a run of goals.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 11:04 - Nov 26 with 2845 viewsDaleiLama

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 10:59 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

Yes well done Calvin a tidy finish.

A solid player attacking and defending let's hope this is the kick start to a run of goals.

Don't think there's anyone associated with the club either employed by them or supporting them who isn't in need of a bit of confidence. If the wins keep coming so will the confidence. Fingers crossed.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 11:29]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 12:20 - Nov 26 with 2774 viewsYouTubeDale

Look at the late winning goal by Palace, three of their players waiting for the chance for the ball to fall to them and It does. Calvin can add more of these type of goals to his game. Why not wait at the back-post like Palace’s first goal, that would add even more. I am not saying he doesn’t get in the box but he should do it more.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 11:40 - Nov 27 with 2654 viewsJL_Dale

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:14 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Isn't attacking the ball the bit that makes it good defending??!!?

Not when you regularly misjudge the flight of the ball.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:24 - Nov 27 with 2475 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 11:40 - Nov 27 by JL_Dale

Not when you regularly misjudge the flight of the ball.

Calvin named in League 1 team of the day
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 12:31 - Nov 28 with 2398 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Really chuffed for him and the team. If he can go on now and average say 1 in 4 (not expecting a Clive Allen 1987 return or anything) that would be great and take a bit of pressure off the team. The criticism was justified (save ParkinsGimp). It was 25 November and his first goal of the season and he hadn’t scored since February in the previous season.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 14:19]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024