Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked 11:26 - Nov 24 with 2302 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well there is a plan

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3273573/chris-ra
Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 11:53 - Nov 24 with 2272 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I really like CR.
That is an encouraging read.
Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 13:26 - Nov 24 with 2178 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good read, sounds really sensible.

Bare bones.

Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 13:33 - Nov 24 with 2167 viewsBoston

👍

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 13:40 - Nov 24 with 2161 viewsEsox_Lucius

Very encouraging to read but I guarantee it won't be enough, it never will be, to satiate those morons who look for every opportunity to slag off the club and especially Les Ferdinand. IMO, since Ruben came in as co-chairman and restructured the club set up to what it is now, the club hasn't been this well run since the Jim Gregory days.

The grass is always greener.

Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 11:31 - Nov 26 with 1974 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent to read stuff like this. We could only dream of this a few years ago.

Thanks for posting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 13:28 - Nov 26 with 1920 viewsparker64

It's been mentioned here before but if you're interested in academy football and how it works then Michael Calvin's No Hunger in Paradise is a great read. Plenty of bits about the Rs. I was interested to read that a 1st year pro at Spurs was on about £32k/£33k a year.
Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 13:51 - Nov 26 with 1892 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 13:28 - Nov 26 by parker64

It's been mentioned here before but if you're interested in academy football and how it works then Michael Calvin's No Hunger in Paradise is a great read. Plenty of bits about the Rs. I was interested to read that a 1st year pro at Spurs was on about £32k/£33k a year.

Just ordered it, thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 22:17 - Nov 26 with 1731 viewssimmo

"But it was Ramsey's approach to matches that caused the most consternation. Defensive tactics were considered counter-productive. If an opposing team, for example, had a devastating left-winger, Ramsey would pointedly not protect the right-back by bringing in support from another player to double-man the threat. He wanted his right-back to be exposed. He wanted his right-back to evolve."

Furlong v Sanchez. Wouldn't you know it the result was negative in that match but the lessons learned for Furlong was part of what has developed him into the most accomplished academy product in years.

Great article and the people that slag Ramsey really need to focus on what he's doing for us behind the scenes. We're very lucky to have him

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 13:46 - Nov 27 with 1592 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Bodes well for the future, assuming they continue developing well -and that we can hang on to them.
Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 14:23 - Nov 27 with 1555 viewssmegma

I remember when the youth team (U18s) used to draw games. They've won 5 lost 9 this season.
Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 14:43 - Nov 27 with 1534 viewsLongsufferingR

I wish I could up arrow this many more times. An extremely valuable addition to our club.
Remember when the youth teams were getting tonked on 14:49 - Nov 27 with 1533 viewsGroveR

Ramsey is bang out of order there. Everyone knows 'Arry discovered the boy Kane.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024