Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Naylor 17:11 - Jan 4 with 8279 viewsHayesender

From Burton. Bid accepted according to a thread on Facebook.

I know nothing about the lad, but apparently can play centre back, right back and midfield.

We'll probably play him up front

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tom Naylor on 16:16 - Jan 5 with 1342 viewsdavman

Tom Naylor on 15:22 - Jan 5 by Esox_Lucius

"only" one big error a game. He gets the spotlight every time because he is usually the last line of defence. When was the last time someone posted "We should get rid of Ned because he only makes 2-3 match saving tackles/ clearances per game"? He very rarely has a bad game and I believe he has made the Championship TOTW more than any other QPR player in the last year. It seems it is just our fans who think he is shit worryingly. next time, maybe, watch a different player and count their mistakes during a game. They may not be in match defining positions as Chief's often are but I would bet that they are more numerous. If Ned was playing in the midfield I doubt we would be having this conversation. There seems this atavistic need for QPR fans to have a focus for their hatred towards the club and as one scapegoat departs another is quickly chosen to replace them. Maybe it is a reflection of the fans own personal lives but the easiest option seems to be to look for negatives every game no matter what the result is/ was. You only have to look at a couple of the threads after the Cardiff game to see that this is true.

A bit of balance please, Esox.

As I said, I am big fan, but have noticed a big error from him in a number of games this season. Nowhere have I said he is shit 'cos I don't think that.

I can't remember them all, but the pass back to Smithies v Cardiff away and his ridiculous attempt at trying to dribble round two players on Saturday where Baptiste saved us spring to mind.

Yep, there have been many positives with him - I seem to remember a particularly awesome tackle on one of the televised games - and I hope that they continue...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Tom Naylor on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 1312 viewssimmo

Tom Naylor on 16:16 - Jan 5 by davman

A bit of balance please, Esox.

As I said, I am big fan, but have noticed a big error from him in a number of games this season. Nowhere have I said he is shit 'cos I don't think that.

I can't remember them all, but the pass back to Smithies v Cardiff away and his ridiculous attempt at trying to dribble round two players on Saturday where Baptiste saved us spring to mind.

Yep, there have been many positives with him - I seem to remember a particularly awesome tackle on one of the televised games - and I hope that they continue...

If you want balance in that same game v Cardiff if made a point blank block from Zohore on the 6 yard line that saved a certain goal.

He's huge for us on and off the pitch and we're much more secure at the back when he plays.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tom Naylor on 16:31 - Jan 5 with 1302 viewsPinnerPaul

Tom Naylor on 15:48 - Jan 5 by simmo

It's difficult to tell as nobody seems to rate him as highly as we do but are you sure you'd not swap him for the likes of Gomes, Hart, Forster, Speroni....

3 out of 4 I'll give you, even though 2 of them are not 1st choices at the moment - but Forster???? Likely to be England's' GK at the WC!
Tom Naylor on 16:39 - Jan 5 with 1270 viewsNorthernr

Tom Naylor on 16:31 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

3 out of 4 I'll give you, even though 2 of them are not 1st choices at the moment - but Forster???? Likely to be England's' GK at the WC!

Fraser Forster? Who's now even been dropped by Southampton? If he's anywhere near the World Cup squad I need to start waiting by the phone for my own call up. Fcking useless that bloke. Never mind Smithies I wouldn't swap Ingram for him.
Tom Naylor on 16:43 - Jan 5 with 1251 viewsPinnerPaul

Tom Naylor on 16:39 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Fraser Forster? Who's now even been dropped by Southampton? If he's anywhere near the World Cup squad I need to start waiting by the phone for my own call up. Fcking useless that bloke. Never mind Smithies I wouldn't swap Ingram for him.

I'm a fool = Ben Foster I meant

I'll stick to pedantry comments about the laws I think!
Tom Naylor on 16:50 - Jan 5 with 1212 viewssimmo

Tom Naylor on 16:43 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

I'm a fool = Ben Foster I meant

I'll stick to pedantry comments about the laws I think!

Ben Foster decent but this the first season he's started to look his age. Agree Hart isn't first choice now but he was and not sure Adrian is amazing. Same goes for Speroni/Hennesey who aren't any better than Smithies.

I reckon 5 teams would be better now for having Smithies, it was twice that last season!

Tom Naylor on 16:56 - Jan 5 with 1178 viewsHoopsarrr

Tom Naylor on 16:39 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Be good to see if McCarthy can take his chance with Forster out. Can't understand why Green was ahead of him when he played for us.
Tom Naylor on 16:58 - Jan 5 with 1163 viewsWestbourneR

Fraser Forster's form has suffered but he's a very good keeper.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Naylor on 17:05 - Jan 5 with 1136 viewssimmo

Tom Naylor on 16:58 - Jan 5 by WestbourneR

Fraser Forster's form has suffered but he's a very good keeper.

Never seen it. Had some good clean sheet runs when he had a strong defence like in-form Van Dijk, Lovren and others in front of him (a strong, organised team that Koeman inherited from Pochettino) but take them away and ask him to be very good behind a standard back 4 and he's shite. If he wasn't built like Hodor he'd not be near the Premiership, let alone England.

He will go though, 3rd choice behind Butland and Pickford I reckon.

Tom Naylor on 17:33 - Jan 5 with 1051 viewsrsonist

Tom Naylor on 16:12 - Jan 5 by Antti_Heinola

He easily would. Loads of worse defenders picking up a wage in that league. Not saying he'd be first choice anywhere, mind, but definitely bottom 6 or 7 clubs, or a promoted club, would see him as a decent squad player at not a bad age for a defender. Especially on a free. But we'll see, I guess.

Dyche would probably have him looking like prime, sane Sol Campbell within a month.

Everyone else excepting maybe Hughton - liability (or as bad as anyone else, which is more your point).
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 17:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024