Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Volunteers needed now! 11:31 - Feb 5 with 41910 viewsR17ALE

Just had word that the club are doing the drill and fill by hand today. Anyone with an hour or two to spare is welcome, badly needed, as it's a time consuming business.

I think the general aim is to whack in one hole per square yard about 2-3 feet down and then fill with kiln dried sand.

Given that the pitch is around 8000 square yards the club needs help.

Now!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Volunteers needed now! on 12:37 - Feb 6 with 3060 viewsMoonyDale

Volunteers needed now! on 12:35 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

Exactly

Even if there's been no decision yet, a quick heads up on the process would help

People will be wasting time keeping an eye out, if say, a final decision was due at 2pm or whenever

Someone on Millwall's forum has said there was a pitch inspection at nine this morning, if so it's strange that nothing has been said at this end...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Volunteers needed now! on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 3039 viewsleedsdale

Game on!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/pitch-update_06.02.18/
[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 12:38]
Volunteers needed now! on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 3026 viewsD_Alien

Volunteers needed now! on 12:36 - Feb 6 by lyberoc

A referee has today (Tuesday) taken a precautionary look at the pitch ahead of our Emirates FA Cup fourth round replay against Millwall.

He was invited into the Crown Oil Arena by the club to view the playing surface following work that has been carried out in recent days.

After a substantial amount of time was spent underneath the dome assessing the pitch and, following discussions between the Referee, ground staff and external pitch contractor, tonight’s match remains ON.

Due to the forecasted weather for this afternoon, the covers will remain on and will be removed as close to kick-off as possible.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to the ground staff, the pitch experts and, more importantly, the small group of volunteers who have worked tirelessly throughout the day/ night on Monday and again this morning, doing everything they possibly could to ensure the game can go ahead.

A further update will be provided if the situation changes.

We are extremely grateful to those fans for their dedication and support at a time when the club needed it the most. Thank you!

I knew my prompt would work

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Volunteers needed now! on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 3007 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch update...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/pitch-update_06.02.18/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Volunteers needed now! on 12:40 - Feb 6 with 2958 viewsMoonyDale

Volunteers needed now! on 12:38 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

I knew my prompt would work

A couple of points from that statement, obviously the one about if anything changes we will let you know, the other one that caught my eye is "A referee" not the match referee then?

Volunteers needed now! on 12:42 - Feb 6 with 2930 viewsKenBoon

The statement sounds a bit uncertain to me. If the match goes ahead I think we'll be in for some comedy.
Volunteers needed now! on 12:44 - Feb 6 with 2889 viewsD_Alien

Volunteers needed now! on 12:40 - Feb 6 by MoonyDale

A couple of points from that statement, obviously the one about if anything changes we will let you know, the other one that caught my eye is "A referee" not the match referee then?

And the time it'll have taken to compose that and get it on the OS, when a quick tweet along the lines of "Game still on, update on OS shortly" perhaps half an hour ago?

Volunteers needed now! on 12:46 - Feb 6 with 2862 viewsnordenblue

Even following that there's seems a few doubtful pointers,I'd be more surprised if the game went ahead I think
Login to get fewer ads

Volunteers needed now! on 12:48 - Feb 6 with 2825 viewsjudd

If it off then can you* make sure no one tells my wife, so I can still go to the pub please?

Cheers.

*Whoever

Poll: What is it to be then?

Volunteers needed now! on 12:49 - Feb 6 with 2811 viewsTVOS1907

Volunteers needed now! on 12:40 - Feb 6 by MoonyDale

The referee will be one from the same level (EFL/Premier League) as the match referee.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Volunteers needed now! on 13:01 - Feb 6 with 2688 viewsMoonyDale

Volunteers needed now! on 12:49 - Feb 6 by TVOS1907

The referee will be one from the same level (EFL/Premier League) as the match referee.

Understood, I just hope the match ref doesn't turn up and think nah don't fancy this and pulls the plug....

Volunteers needed now! on 13:06 - Feb 6 with 2643 views100notout

Volunteers needed now! on 12:48 - Feb 6 by judd

If it off then can you* make sure no one tells my wife, so I can still go to the pub please?

Cheers.

*Whoever

Are you a man or a mouse?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Volunteers needed now! on 13:07 - Feb 6 with 2641 viewssweetcorn

Volunteers needed now! on 12:37 - Feb 6 by MoonyDale

Someone on Millwall's forum has said there was a pitch inspection at nine this morning, if so it's strange that nothing has been said at this end...

He’s a millwall fan who lives up here, its my mate and its someone we used to work with who did the pitch inspection, thats how he found out

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Volunteers needed now! on 13:36 - Feb 6 with 2443 viewsjudd

Volunteers needed now! on 13:06 - Feb 6 by 100notout

Are you a man or a mouse?

Yes

Poll: What is it to be then?

Volunteers needed now! on 13:48 - Feb 6 with 2356 viewsShun

Volunteers needed now! on 12:17 - Feb 6 by rochdaleriddler

Sleet now

I live reasonably close to the ground and it's been lightly snowing for the past 2-3 hours, no sign of rain or sleet. It's all very pretty actually.
Volunteers needed now! on 13:50 - Feb 6 with 2337 viewssweetcorn

Volunteers needed now! on 13:48 - Feb 6 by Shun

I live reasonably close to the ground and it's been lightly snowing for the past 2-3 hours, no sign of rain or sleet. It's all very pretty actually.

At least something in the area looks pretty, because whatever is out on that pitch isnt going to be

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Volunteers needed now! on 13:54 - Feb 6 with 2308 viewsrochdaleriddler

Volunteers needed now! on 11:59 - Feb 6 by nordenblue

It will be a damn site longer than 4 hours in the snow whatever way they travel,I agree with Chaff I'd hope an announcement one way or the other anytime now

4 hours 33 minutes if you travel from the den to spotland setting off now according to google maps, enough time for a three course meal, and still take in the pre match atmosphere and aromas of a 'tin pot typical northern shithole 'which is how we were described by one of their fans on twitter

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Volunteers needed now! on 14:08 - Feb 6 with 2240 viewsD_Alien

Volunteers needed now! on 13:54 - Feb 6 by rochdaleriddler

4 hours 33 minutes if you travel from the den to spotland setting off now according to google maps, enough time for a three course meal, and still take in the pre match atmosphere and aromas of a 'tin pot typical northern shithole 'which is how we were described by one of their fans on twitter

Those websites take no account of traffic conditions. They average the speed limit on the suggested route

I drove down to London a couple of weeks ago and back again the same day. Setting off at 6.30am, I didn't arrive in North London (end of M1) till 12.15, with one 15 minute stop for a piss - nearly 6 hours

Driving back from 9.30pm, arrived home 1.45am, no traffic

[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 14:10]

Volunteers needed now! on 14:11 - Feb 6 with 2215 viewsDaleiLama

Volunteers needed now! on 14:08 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

Those websites take no account of traffic conditions. They average the speed limit on the suggested route

I drove down to London a couple of weeks ago and back again the same day. Setting off at 6.30am, I didn't arrive in North London (end of M1) till 12.15, with one 15 minute stop for a piss - nearly 6 hours

That was a helluva piss DA, or should we call you "the camel"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Volunteers needed now! on 14:15 - Feb 6 with 2184 viewsD_Alien

Volunteers needed now! on 14:11 - Feb 6 by DaleiLama

That was a helluva piss DA, or should we call you "the camel"

The walk to the bogs at Newport Pagnell took 5 minutes. I always park as far away as possible to give the legs a stretch

Dunno about a camel, but I was pissed off with the humps in the road on the exit!

Volunteers needed now! on 14:18 - Feb 6 with 2149 viewsrochdaleriddler

Volunteers needed now! on 14:08 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

It's an app, and they take account of live traffic conditions . Found them to be accurate and useful .you could also set off from south Bermondsey by train at 15.00 and still be at spotland in time for kick off

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Volunteers needed now! on 14:22 - Feb 6 with 2115 viewsD_Alien

Volunteers needed now! on 14:18 - Feb 6 by rochdaleriddler

It's an app, and they take account of live traffic conditions . Found them to be accurate and useful .you could also set off from south Bermondsey by train at 15.00 and still be at spotland in time for kick off

One - just one - further hold up after you've set off and you're fooked. Add 30 minutes, if you're lucky

I wouldn't be taking the risk

Volunteers needed now! on 14:25 - Feb 6 with 2093 viewselectricblue

So the cover is staying over the pitch for as long as possible according to the report earlier..

We i predict it will have to be removed by 6pm 6-15pm at the latest so the players on both teams can warm up..
Then supporters will see if it holds up....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Volunteers needed now! on 14:33 - Feb 6 with 2014 viewshammerdale

Heavy snow falling now
Volunteers needed now! on 14:36 - Feb 6 with 1996 viewsnordenblue

Volunteers needed now! on 14:18 - Feb 6 by rochdaleriddler

If it can predict the future it's a fooking good app... it's guesswork and essentially hasn't a clue what may/is happening on route,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024