Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TalkSport 16:16 - Feb 7 with 12163 viewsSuddenLad

Guess what the phone-in subject is ?

"ROCHDALE. WAS THAT PITCH REALLY PLAYABLE"

You can always rely on that tw at Durham to give us a public kicking......he's a first class c...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

TalkSport on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 7948 viewsMoonyDale

It was playable because we played on it, this is just the start of a concerted effort to stop the Premiership prima Donna brigade from having to play on it in the next round.....Durham is just a washed up hack anyway.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

TalkSport on 16:52 - Feb 7 with 7838 viewsBartRowou

No injuries last night. Their subs were tactical and if we got ours on at the end, it was just to break up play.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

TalkSport on 16:56 - Feb 7 with 7811 viewsYorkshire_Dale

another Non Story.........like the MEN Observer jobby, just boycott them.
TalkSport on 16:56 - Feb 7 with 7806 viewsdingdangblue

We are getting a lot of abuse!

I think someone from the club needs to call them and put our case across - they don't know exactly what has gone on to make it that way.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

TalkSport on 17:04 - Feb 7 with 7748 viewsSuddenLad

TalkSport on 16:56 - Feb 7 by dingdangblue

We are getting a lot of abuse!

I think someone from the club needs to call them and put our case across - they don't know exactly what has gone on to make it that way.

That's no doubt the purpose of the exercise - to embarrass us and whip up hostility on national radio. Durham is good a bullying from behind a microphone

Next up wil be Hawksbee and Jacobs and their Spurs supporting mates.

TalkSport on 17:04 - Feb 7 with 7746 viewsrodneysafairy

TalkSport on 16:23 - Feb 7 by MoonyDale

It was playable because we played on it, this is just the start of a concerted effort to stop the Premiership prima Donna brigade from having to play on it in the next round.....Durham is just a washed up hack anyway.....

See a little bit of publicity and they are on it
We are used to it
He dont like us at all before the game he said "the pitch is a disgrace but the type of football millwall play it shouldnt affect them that much"
Mind and im not saying this is anything to be proud of but when he came down to follow his team Peterborough he got what was described as a slap
AND on the way home from the game he pissed his trousers ! he was moaning because the police would let him come off the platform at South Bermondsey station
All on twitter and he made a complaint about the police
Civil liberties and all that
On spurs site cock something loads of their fans are saying the game should not go ahead on "that shitheap" "Dale should be fined" "why should our highly paid talented players play on a park pitch and get possible injurys"
"will it be policed properly and more stewards, heard they even tried to have it with wall last nite fans on the pitch hitting stewards"
"How can a professional football club be allowed to have a pitch like that aint they got a groundsman"
"Will they be kicking harry to bits on that bog"
ha ha We call em the 96 ers or the Prem luvvies
Comedy gold
its a shame on these sites they are members only, its comedy gold
This game has legs
Even some of wall have gone all scouse and Leeds
The site you can look at and someone has put up aint the real wall site
Much more traffic and banter
Someones put up a Ad for black armbands and pieces of grass you can order online
One has even said Harris should be sacked !
Played wolves recently and one player they had cost £18mill, the WHOLE millwall team cost less than 2mill
Social media dontcha just love it
TalkSport on 17:11 - Feb 7 with 7691 views100notout

TalkSport on 17:04 - Feb 7 by SuddenLad

That's no doubt the purpose of the exercise - to embarrass us and whip up hostility on national radio. Durham is good a bullying from behind a microphone

Next up wil be Hawksbee and Jacobs and their Spurs supporting mates.

I listened to it.

I can't stand Durham but tbf I don't think he was slagging us off / patronising - more like if spurs are really upset maybe they should pay for a new pitch, after all that would represent less than 1 weeks wages for one of their so called stars.

He also talked about how little of the premier league money filtered down to lower league clubs and whether the EFL should allow artificial pitches. All valid points

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

TalkSport on 17:12 - Feb 7 with 7677 viewsBlueDales

Don't they say that all publicity is good publicity? The football world is talking about our team...
Login to get fewer ads

TalkSport on 17:19 - Feb 7 with 7622 viewsfrenzied

TalkSport on 17:04 - Feb 7 by rodneysafairy

See a little bit of publicity and they are on it
We are used to it
He dont like us at all before the game he said "the pitch is a disgrace but the type of football millwall play it shouldnt affect them that much"
Mind and im not saying this is anything to be proud of but when he came down to follow his team Peterborough he got what was described as a slap
AND on the way home from the game he pissed his trousers ! he was moaning because the police would let him come off the platform at South Bermondsey station
All on twitter and he made a complaint about the police
Civil liberties and all that
On spurs site cock something loads of their fans are saying the game should not go ahead on "that shitheap" "Dale should be fined" "why should our highly paid talented players play on a park pitch and get possible injurys"
"will it be policed properly and more stewards, heard they even tried to have it with wall last nite fans on the pitch hitting stewards"
"How can a professional football club be allowed to have a pitch like that aint they got a groundsman"
"Will they be kicking harry to bits on that bog"
ha ha We call em the 96 ers or the Prem luvvies
Comedy gold
its a shame on these sites they are members only, its comedy gold
This game has legs
Even some of wall have gone all scouse and Leeds
The site you can look at and someone has put up aint the real wall site
Much more traffic and banter
Someones put up a Ad for black armbands and pieces of grass you can order online
One has even said Harris should be sacked !
Played wolves recently and one player they had cost £18mill, the WHOLE millwall team cost less than 2mill
Social media dontcha just love it

im sure I heard a Millwall fan on the radio on sat night say that the most they have paid for any player is 750k.

Millwall have a dark reputation with the F troop and half way liners I recall from the 70s and 80s..but its blown out of proportion by the media at every opportunity..financially the club must be in a very healthy state and Neil Harris has done a great job there as a player and manager overcoming serious health issues..if they were to sack him they would quickly spiral into the farce we presently see at the likes of Leeds
TalkSport on 17:21 - Feb 7 with 7611 viewsD_Alien

TalkSport on 17:12 - Feb 7 by BlueDales

Don't they say that all publicity is good publicity? The football world is talking about our team...

In one sense it's true, in that it's a sign of success

In any walk of life, if you become even remotely successful there will be people looking to shoot you down, you've just got to be able to stand the heat

I'd certainly be concerned about any points made about the pitch invasion, but not the pitch itself

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TalkSport on 17:44 - Feb 7 with 7497 viewsrochdaleriddler

Talksport ,the daily star of the airwaves

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

TalkSport on 17:56 - Feb 7 with 7421 viewselectricblue

Where there 3ft of snow on the pitch....no
Where there a ft of water on the pitch....no
Was the pitch bone hard with frost....no.

Then its playable.

Where there any serious injuries caused by the pitch condition what anybody knw2s of...no
Pitch was playable then.

Did the higher placed team win...no
Oh dear its unplayable...

Congrats to Dale for getting through to round 5 was that mentioned at all..probably not..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

TalkSport on 18:05 - Feb 7 with 7369 viewsDale92

Ive been on the Spurs forum they seem to think Levy would happily help us with pitch and some have even asked wpuld we switch the fixture to Wembley. Wembley would potentially give us more income but id rather see us use some of the tv/prize money to help us lat a new pitch. They also say theyll sell out anythinv we give them due to not having many away tickets in the prem

This is the One, I've waited for

TalkSport on 18:37 - Feb 7 with 7273 viewsaleanddale

TalkSport on 18:05 - Feb 7 by Dale92

Ive been on the Spurs forum they seem to think Levy would happily help us with pitch and some have even asked wpuld we switch the fixture to Wembley. Wembley would potentially give us more income but id rather see us use some of the tv/prize money to help us lat a new pitch. They also say theyll sell out anythinv we give them due to not having many away tickets in the prem

selling out 3500 is a tall order ( for a London club )

if they do that fair play we will have a full house* and one heck of an incredible atmosphere....

*less the idiots identified by the club ( CCTV ) pre kick off and removed from Spotland - I really hope this happens.
TalkSport on 18:45 - Feb 7 with 7227 viewsroccydaleian

TalkSport on 17:56 - Feb 7 by electricblue

Where there 3ft of snow on the pitch....no
Where there a ft of water on the pitch....no
Was the pitch bone hard with frost....no.

Then its playable.

Where there any serious injuries caused by the pitch condition what anybody knw2s of...no
Pitch was playable then.

Did the higher placed team win...no
Oh dear its unplayable...

Congrats to Dale for getting through to round 5 was that mentioned at all..probably not..

Did you listen to it? No.....
Do you go to the game? No....
Will you be at the 5th round game? No....
TalkSport on 18:47 - Feb 7 with 7211 viewselectricblue

TalkSport on 18:45 - Feb 7 by roccydaleian

Did you listen to it? No.....
Do you go to the game? No....
Will you be at the 5th round game? No....

Probably not.....no

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

TalkSport on 18:49 - Feb 7 with 7180 viewsdingdangblue

TalkSport on 18:37 - Feb 7 by aleanddale

selling out 3500 is a tall order ( for a London club )

if they do that fair play we will have a full house* and one heck of an incredible atmosphere....

*less the idiots identified by the club ( CCTV ) pre kick off and removed from Spotland - I really hope this happens.

They are taking 2000 fans to Turin a few days before they play us - and Rochdale is miles nearer so of course they will fill the stand!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

TalkSport on 18:53 - Feb 7 with 7152 viewsroccydaleian

TalkSport on 17:11 - Feb 7 by 100notout

I listened to it.

I can't stand Durham but tbf I don't think he was slagging us off / patronising - more like if spurs are really upset maybe they should pay for a new pitch, after all that would represent less than 1 weeks wages for one of their so called stars.

He also talked about how little of the premier league money filtered down to lower league clubs and whether the EFL should allow artificial pitches. All valid points

Don't mind Durham or Gough tbf. They also mentioned the possibilities of international players picking up long term injuries before the World Cup, because of the state of the pitch, which is another valid point. Could work in our favour though, if it is Spurs, would they risk their star players on the pitch in its current condition?
TalkSport on 19:23 - Feb 7 with 7014 viewsmacro

It's why I don't listen to talk sh1te
TalkSport on 19:25 - Feb 7 with 6994 viewsSuddenLad

TalkSport on 18:53 - Feb 7 by roccydaleian

Don't mind Durham or Gough tbf. They also mentioned the possibilities of international players picking up long term injuries before the World Cup, because of the state of the pitch, which is another valid point. Could work in our favour though, if it is Spurs, would they risk their star players on the pitch in its current condition?

The pitch isn't dangerous, it's unsightly. It's certainly playable as last night proved and in 10 days it will no doubt be in a better state than it was. There is virtually no chance of a player being injured BECAUSE of the pitch. If that were the case, the match referee would declare it dangerous and postpone the game.

Pochettino may well already have chosen to rest his 'big guns' in any event, but the pitch is what it is. Playable.

Tonights starting XI at Wembley will be intesting, seeing as they play Juventus next Wednesday.

TalkSport on 19:44 - Feb 7 with 6894 viewsroccydaleian

TalkSport on 19:25 - Feb 7 by SuddenLad

The pitch isn't dangerous, it's unsightly. It's certainly playable as last night proved and in 10 days it will no doubt be in a better state than it was. There is virtually no chance of a player being injured BECAUSE of the pitch. If that were the case, the match referee would declare it dangerous and postpone the game.

Pochettino may well already have chosen to rest his 'big guns' in any event, but the pitch is what it is. Playable.

Tonights starting XI at Wembley will be intesting, seeing as they play Juventus next Wednesday.

The pitch was playable against Lincoln, but Lillis and Bunney both cruckled with no one near them or tackling them on that night. Although playable it adds to the risk of injury. Don't forget we've a game on Saturday as well, which probably won't help.
TalkSh1te on 20:07 - Feb 7 with 6795 viewsKenBoon

The pitch was fine, it just looked horrible
Hang on... Tits Bets has all the best odds and in-play for the Premier League and EFL. Gedonit!
Anyway, yeah the pitch was safe and hang on...
Free £20 bet with Donkey Bets when you sign up today and place a £10 on a three game or more acca!
Where was I? Oh TalksSport and their discussions. Yeah they should really educate themselves on the pitch... wait...
Download our new PissBet betting app and bet on the Footy wherever you are.
Yeah but I guess they need something to talk about, which reminds me that Castleton Bets has odds on every market ever and all on the touch of an app. Download it now from the Apple AppStore or Google Play.
TalkSport on 20:55 - Feb 7 with 6622 viewsrodneysafairy

im sure I heard a Millwall fan on the radio on sat night say that the most they have paid for any player is 750k.

Millwall have a dark reputation with the F troop and half way liners I recall from the 70s and 80s..but its blown out of proportion by the media at every opportunity..financially the club must be in a very healthy state and Neil Harris has done a great job there as a player and manager overcoming serious health issues..if they were to sack him they would quickly spiral into the farce we presently see at the likes of Leeds

its deffo gonna be Spurs 2-0 and strolling it tbh
Yeah infact a little known fact for you lot millwall have the oldest tranfer record fee now in English football 1989 Paul Goddard £800,000 when in Div 1/prem
sold a few for more than this kennedy,thatcher,keller,Armstrong, Cascarino, Sheringham etc
selling club always have been
Funny with the spurs thing now , my first ever game was Vs Spurs facup as i said before on here the old Den over 40,000 and the replay whl near 59,000 !
I have been watching the game at wembley on a live dodgy link ha but good quality on the wall site
Many are still moaning at harris on there ha ha quite funny
Out of interest what is the Dales record signing ? and who would you say was the most famous player you have had and best ?
Any who went on to have good careers and bigger things
Amazing what a leveller being at home is, still amazes me the difference and how even top players dont perform at times
who knows
what you need is for it to bucket down as well maybe about 30 mins before kick off
with tv they would never call it off
I recall a game old den v wolves on tv , it was a farce esp at the start
I miss the days of shit pitches with snow as well not a layer, loads of the stuff with a red ball
TalkSport on 21:05 - Feb 7 with 6538 viewsBendy

I won’t quote or answer everything, but record transfer is supposedly Jordan Williams for reportedly £100k from Barrow during the summer. He’s now already out on loan at Lincoln! But Dale like to make all feed undisclosed so we never actually really know.

As for past players there have been a few who have graced our pitch. Perhaps most noticeably in relatively recent seasons we had a decent strike force of Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert. Then once they had both gone on we picked up Glenn Murray. Whilst he had a decent goal ratio for us and was ok I wouldn’t say had set the world alight or looked amazing. Out of those I guess you’d have to say Lambert due to playing for England and making us the most money out of them with add ons (we got a tasty share of his Southampton to Liverpool fee)
TalkSport on 21:07 - Feb 7 with 6505 views442Dale

TalkSport on 21:05 - Feb 7 by Bendy

I won’t quote or answer everything, but record transfer is supposedly Jordan Williams for reportedly £100k from Barrow during the summer. He’s now already out on loan at Lincoln! But Dale like to make all feed undisclosed so we never actually really know.

As for past players there have been a few who have graced our pitch. Perhaps most noticeably in relatively recent seasons we had a decent strike force of Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert. Then once they had both gone on we picked up Glenn Murray. Whilst he had a decent goal ratio for us and was ok I wouldn’t say had set the world alight or looked amazing. Out of those I guess you’d have to say Lambert due to playing for England and making us the most money out of them with add ons (we got a tasty share of his Southampton to Liverpool fee)

Paul Connor, £150k. 2001

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024