Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TalkSport 16:16 - Feb 7 with 12168 viewsSuddenLad

Guess what the phone-in subject is ?

"ROCHDALE. WAS THAT PITCH REALLY PLAYABLE"

You can always rely on that tw at Durham to give us a public kicking......he's a first class c...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

TalkSport on 21:07 - Feb 7 with 4145 viewsBendy

Oh and forget the rain pre-match the Rugby team who use our ground are supposed to be playing on the Sunday afternoon. So if that gets moved to the Saturday now that would make it interesting
TalkSport on 21:08 - Feb 7 with 4132 views100notout

TalkSport on 21:05 - Feb 7 by Bendy

I won’t quote or answer everything, but record transfer is supposedly Jordan Williams for reportedly £100k from Barrow during the summer. He’s now already out on loan at Lincoln! But Dale like to make all feed undisclosed so we never actually really know.

As for past players there have been a few who have graced our pitch. Perhaps most noticeably in relatively recent seasons we had a decent strike force of Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert. Then once they had both gone on we picked up Glenn Murray. Whilst he had a decent goal ratio for us and was ok I wouldn’t say had set the world alight or looked amazing. Out of those I guess you’d have to say Lambert due to playing for England and making us the most money out of them with add ons (we got a tasty share of his Southampton to Liverpool fee)

don't forget rCraig (Dawson for Rodneys benefit) currently plying his trade and doing well for WBA.

Part of me hopes they get relegated this season which I'm sure will trigger a transfer and generate further funds via sell on clause

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

TalkSport on 21:09 - Feb 7 with 4125 viewsBendy

TalkSport on 21:07 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

Paul Connor, £150k. 2001

Fair enough. I though about that and thought he was £100k as well.

Was Clive Platt about the £100k mark as well?
TalkSport on 21:19 - Feb 7 with 4070 viewsrodneysafairy

What do you lot feel about a 3G pitch ?
i saw a non lge game a few months ago Fisher a local non lge club have one looked ok but hard to tell
Sutton have one as well dont they
Just read today funnily enough Bromley have one as well, i used to live in Bromley and went to a few games down the years but not since this surface has been put down
Never knew this but they are doing well in cup and lge in the quarters of the trophy but to go a step up to the next lge they are not allowed , like sutton and a few others if they go up the pitch would have to be ripped up as they are not allowed !
They are good because they can be used for the community all weeks and a bit of a money spinner
Fishers place is owned by millwall and the womens team play on it and sunday sides play there as well, and netball etc as well ive been told
I recall QPRs astro and Oldhams , not keen myself, Anybody see a game on astro ?
Played myself on a few astro pitches and found it hard on the feet
Anyway thinking about now as i type would be a waste of time as the football Lge obvs would not allow it if non lge teams dont allow
Thou ive read these clubs are thinking of taking the Authoritys to court to change the ruling so who knows
TalkSport on 21:21 - Feb 7 with 4055 viewsrodneysafairy

L
TalkSport on 21:33 - Feb 7 with 3999 viewsrodneysafairy

Lambert !
Never realized he played for you lot
Great player, always scored against us it seems
I remember the season they came up(Div 1) millwall were 2 0 up ht and second half he scored 3 ! 2 pens
Funnily enough the only England game, New Wembley ive been to was V Scotland when as you prob know he came on for his debut and scored the winner
I remember his face after he scored , love them type of fairy-tale scenarios when they have come up the hard way
I was at Wembley when sheringham and shearer tore the dutch apart at wembley in the ECs
Should have played for England when he was at millwall, but of course you have to play for a big club for that to happen (ha ha bitter)
Lambert dont hear of him now dont know if his still at Liverpool or retired tbh
This spurs game is as boring as watching paint dry tbh 2 -0 and they are in 3rd gear
TalkSport on 21:39 - Feb 7 with 3970 viewsBendy

TalkSport on 21:19 - Feb 7 by rodneysafairy

What do you lot feel about a 3G pitch ?
i saw a non lge game a few months ago Fisher a local non lge club have one looked ok but hard to tell
Sutton have one as well dont they
Just read today funnily enough Bromley have one as well, i used to live in Bromley and went to a few games down the years but not since this surface has been put down
Never knew this but they are doing well in cup and lge in the quarters of the trophy but to go a step up to the next lge they are not allowed , like sutton and a few others if they go up the pitch would have to be ripped up as they are not allowed !
They are good because they can be used for the community all weeks and a bit of a money spinner
Fishers place is owned by millwall and the womens team play on it and sunday sides play there as well, and netball etc as well ive been told
I recall QPRs astro and Oldhams , not keen myself, Anybody see a game on astro ?
Played myself on a few astro pitches and found it hard on the feet
Anyway thinking about now as i type would be a waste of time as the football Lge obvs would not allow it if non lge teams dont allow
Thou ive read these clubs are thinking of taking the Authoritys to court to change the ruling so who knows

We’ve had games at Maidstone last season and Slough this season on artificial pitches. They’re ok to a degree but the bounce isn’t quite as true and they are harder on the joints. Wouldn’t like to see them in the FL but I wouldn’t like to see clubs get promoted and have to rip it up when they’re such a community asset.

Perhaps a three year rule would be fairer like when clubs get promoted to the championship to go all seater. Allows them to stabilise first and if they get relegated then they can keep their asset. And perhaps if they get promoted to L1 within the three years it has to go then.

As for Lambert he retired last year.
TalkSport on 22:52 - Feb 7 with 3856 viewsdingdangblue

TalkSport on 20:55 - Feb 7 by rodneysafairy

im sure I heard a Millwall fan on the radio on sat night say that the most they have paid for any player is 750k.

Millwall have a dark reputation with the F troop and half way liners I recall from the 70s and 80s..but its blown out of proportion by the media at every opportunity..financially the club must be in a very healthy state and Neil Harris has done a great job there as a player and manager overcoming serious health issues..if they were to sack him they would quickly spiral into the farce we presently see at the likes of Leeds

its deffo gonna be Spurs 2-0 and strolling it tbh
Yeah infact a little known fact for you lot millwall have the oldest tranfer record fee now in English football 1989 Paul Goddard £800,000 when in Div 1/prem
sold a few for more than this kennedy,thatcher,keller,Armstrong, Cascarino, Sheringham etc
selling club always have been
Funny with the spurs thing now , my first ever game was Vs Spurs facup as i said before on here the old Den over 40,000 and the replay whl near 59,000 !
I have been watching the game at wembley on a live dodgy link ha but good quality on the wall site
Many are still moaning at harris on there ha ha quite funny
Out of interest what is the Dales record signing ? and who would you say was the most famous player you have had and best ?
Any who went on to have good careers and bigger things
Amazing what a leveller being at home is, still amazes me the difference and how even top players dont perform at times
who knows
what you need is for it to bucket down as well maybe about 30 mins before kick off
with tv they would never call it off
I recall a game old den v wolves on tv , it was a farce esp at the start
I miss the days of shit pitches with snow as well not a layer, loads of the stuff with a red ball

Record transfer fees paid: Andy Flounders 80k,Chris O'Grady 90k (rumoured), Clive Platt 100k and Paul Connor £150k so basically we don't buy players -
just generally free transfers. Notable players who have gone on to better things Alan Reeves at the original Wimbledon, Paul Butler at Wolves, Adam Le Fondre , Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt, Glen Murray, Scott Hogan currently at Villa. Nathaniel Méndez Laing started the season on fire at Cardiff but has since gone off the boil a little but he was superb for us last season. Obviously last but not least is Craig Dawson currently at West Brom who is Rochdale born and became a legend when in his 1st full season for us led us to our first promotion in 40 years!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

TalkSport on 01:00 - Feb 8 with 3754 viewsdingdangblue

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1518019200

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

TalkSport on 08:09 - Feb 8 with 3660 viewsdingdangblue

TalkSport on 01:00 - Feb 8 by dingdangblue

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1518019200

To be fair - they were almost urging Spurs or an outside source to help us out - we'll see what comes of it? Maybe a chance of Spurs giving up their cut of the gate receipts to contribute towards a new surface for a week on Sunday?

TalkSport on 11:50 - Feb 8 with 3566 viewsParkinsGimp

Jim White , giving us a right going over 10 mins or so ago. This is the man who's mates with the Dildo boys( Gold & Sullivan) , so his credentials lie in tatters. At least Ray Parlour and Jim Mills are up for it backing the Dale.
TalkSport on 11:56 - Feb 8 with 3534 viewsDaleiLama

Good to see the gauntlet being laid down by the club!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

TalkSport on 13:18 - Feb 8 with 3374 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Players pick up injuries all the time, even career threatening injuries, on these perfect pitches. Sometimes there is so little give on these surfaces, it means you are more likely to pick up ligament injuries than on a soft pitch with give in it. I could name a long list of players who are out injured for months while playing on alleged perfect pitches this season. These idiots are just using it as an excuse in case their worst nightmare comes true.
TalkSport on 14:19 - Feb 8 with 3241 viewsBigKindo

TalkSport on 21:05 - Feb 7 by Bendy

I won’t quote or answer everything, but record transfer is supposedly Jordan Williams for reportedly £100k from Barrow during the summer. He’s now already out on loan at Lincoln! But Dale like to make all feed undisclosed so we never actually really know.

As for past players there have been a few who have graced our pitch. Perhaps most noticeably in relatively recent seasons we had a decent strike force of Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert. Then once they had both gone on we picked up Glenn Murray. Whilst he had a decent goal ratio for us and was ok I wouldn’t say had set the world alight or looked amazing. Out of those I guess you’d have to say Lambert due to playing for England and making us the most money out of them with add ons (we got a tasty share of his Southampton to Liverpool fee)

Geoff Thomas who captained Palace in the 1990 FA Cup Final and won 9 caps for England.
TalkSport on 15:46 - Feb 8 with 3102 viewsrodneysafairy

Pochettino: “I think the FA Cup (sic) need to take a look at the Rochdale pitch and decide if it is good for the competition. I think it is a big risk to play on a pitch like this"

This is on the MAIN millwall site
if this has any legs you can be sure the Legal team will be all over it
You can see what they are trying to do, these foreign managers and the premier Darlings think they are something special
Trying all sorts like having a massive debate about a few kids on the pitch(ive seen the pics ) trying to make out as if it was another Luton or some major off
Uncalled for ok but goes with the territory im afraid
And Sir Neil has not helped with his comments
I can tell you many many of the fans are not too pleased with him at the moment with his crying and the shit side he put out
If the game is postponed as well many will not be happy we had to play on it so should they have to
Being on the Tv i dont think their is much chance of this tbh and many spurs fans will not want to travel for a week end fixture
I tell you what thou Dale better step up the security , if you have another pitch invasion whatever the score , the country will be watching
Infact already on the millwall site they are saying how much are Dale gonna be fined for the other night ha ha, Last season millwall were fined £35,000 for the pitch invasion v Leicester
I dont recall the Dale ever getting so much publicity infact in london dont think ive ever heard their name ever mentioned
Seems a slow day in the sports newsdesk
Last night Cundy on talkshit was saying the Fa cup should just be stopped and the league cup
And after the newport -spurs game him and another bod a top reporter was saying their should not be any more replays
Itsa all prem and money money
TalkSport on 16:07 - Feb 8 with 2987 viewsTrotter

Plastic pitches, muddy pitches, sandy pitches.
All part and parcel of the FA Cup, especially in a period of such adverse weather conditions.
We have plenty of players that should be able to cope with a pitch like that.
Game will certainly not be moved, it is not dangerous.

We should shut up about it really, and maybe help you get it better.

I am old skool, Players way too pampered today
TalkSport on 01:12 - Feb 11 with 2541 viewssoulboy

TalkSport on 22:52 - Feb 7 by dingdangblue

Record transfer fees paid: Andy Flounders 80k,Chris O'Grady 90k (rumoured), Clive Platt 100k and Paul Connor £150k so basically we don't buy players -
just generally free transfers. Notable players who have gone on to better things Alan Reeves at the original Wimbledon, Paul Butler at Wolves, Adam Le Fondre , Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt, Glen Murray, Scott Hogan currently at Villa. Nathaniel Méndez Laing started the season on fire at Cardiff but has since gone off the boil a little but he was superb for us last season. Obviously last but not least is Craig Dawson currently at West Brom who is Rochdale born and became a legend when in his 1st full season for us led us to our first promotion in 40 years!

Going back a while, Alan Taylor signed on a free from the then non league Morecambe, sold to West Ham and scored both their goals in the 1975 Cup Final.
TalkSport on 03:25 - Feb 11 with 2481 viewspioneer

TalkSport on 01:12 - Feb 11 by soulboy

Going back a while, Alan Taylor signed on a free from the then non league Morecambe, sold to West Ham and scored both their goals in the 1975 Cup Final.

and both their goals in the semi final and both goals in the qf i think
TalkSport on 11:05 - Feb 11 with 2310 viewssoulboy

TalkSport on 03:25 - Feb 11 by pioneer

and both their goals in the semi final and both goals in the qf i think

I def remember him scoring 2 in either the sf or qf, v Arsenal?
TalkSport on 11:27 - Feb 11 with 2244 viewsMasher

TalkSport on 11:05 - Feb 11 by soulboy

I def remember him scoring 2 in either the sf or qf, v Arsenal?

If i remember rightly Alan Taylor scored in every round for West Ham including the final

Up The Dale!!

TalkSport on 11:34 - Feb 11 with 2219 viewsTVOS1907

TalkSport on 11:27 - Feb 11 by Masher

If i remember rightly Alan Taylor scored in every round for West Ham including the final

Even more interesting is the fact he didn't play for Dale against Marine in the first round.

If he had done, he would have been cup-tied and ineligible for West Ham.

He missed the Marine game through 'flu' and was sold to The Hammers a couple of days later...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

TalkSport on 20:38 - Feb 11 with 2058 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I wonder if Alderweirld, Rose, Wanyama and Lamela, who incidentally hasn`t played for nearly a year, got their injuries playing on park pitches? Or perhaps they got them playing on lush green meadows which are as flat as a pancake?
TalkSport on 20:43 - Feb 11 with 2023 viewspioneer

TalkSport on 11:27 - Feb 11 by Masher

No he didnt play in every round. I think the QF at aresenal was his first FACup game and one of his first games for West Ham, scored both in 2-0 win. The drew 0-0 with ipswich in SF and he scored both goals in replay, i think it was 2-1. He then scored both goals in the final. So he scored in every round he played in, but not every game, or every round.

I wnder if him missing the fAaCup game v Marine was one of those cases of FA Cup flu?
TalkSport on 21:13 - Feb 11 with 1947 viewsTVOS1907

TalkSport on 20:43 - Feb 11 by pioneer

No he didnt play in every round. I think the QF at aresenal was his first FACup game and one of his first games for West Ham, scored both in 2-0 win. The drew 0-0 with ipswich in SF and he scored both goals in replay, i think it was 2-1. He then scored both goals in the final. So he scored in every round he played in, but not every game, or every round.

I wnder if him missing the fAaCup game v Marine was one of those cases of FA Cup flu?

That's why I put 'flu'...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024