Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? 22:29 - Feb 14 with 32445 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,
Many of you won’t know my dad, he’s currently on his second internment in Kings Lynn hospital, this year, but this time it’s very serious.
He has fluid on the heart and it’s not draining, so it’s possibly surgery and we’ve been told to expect the worst.

My dads 82 now, lifelong rangers fan, as was his father, and he passed the baton to myself and my son.

Saw all the greats at rangers, went to white city, Wembley 4 times inc the playoff final.

Is registered disabled and hasn’t been to HQ for 18 or so years do to health and costs / transport.

He’s slightly Parkinson’s as well so every thing he says to me is about rangers for about 10 minutes then he’s on again about the same thing for 10 mins etc etc.

Loves the hoops, but I’m afraid (and in tears as I write this) the next couple of days will be his last hurrah. He’s got the last few ‘kick up the rrrrsssss’ by his bedside, and I’m out to see him in hospital tomorrow if he sees the night through.

Not sure what I’ll do without my dad, but for now, i’ll get by. Could I ask that if you can spare a minute, give a thought for him, in hospital. He’s not a religious chap, except when he remembers Stan on the Ball, or Dave Thomas on the wing, and how we cheered when we humbled Cologne in the Eufa cup, and neither am I, but I so want the miracle of another few years with him and will be praying tonight.

Thank you.
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 1496 viewstimcocking

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:26 - Apr 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My Mum passed this morning
Pneumonia and Pleurisy she was suffering from became too much, 2 weeks ago she was looking and feeling much better but in the last week had gone down.

I am devastated beyond words.

Really very sorry to hear that.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:49 - Apr 17 with 1446 views2Thomas2Bowles

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

Very hard atm to gather my thoughts, my 2 girls are finding it very hard after losing their mum not so long ago so this has been another heavy blow.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 00:09 - May 10 with 1301 viewsOnlyMe

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:26 - Apr 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My Mum passed this morning
Pneumonia and Pleurisy she was suffering from became too much, 2 weeks ago she was looking and feeling much better but in the last week had gone down.

I am devastated beyond words.

Deepest, deepest condolences --- and good wishes for the future of you and the rest of your family :-(
[Post edited 10 May 2018 0:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024