Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? 22:29 - Feb 14 with 32447 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,
Many of you won’t know my dad, he’s currently on his second internment in Kings Lynn hospital, this year, but this time it’s very serious.
He has fluid on the heart and it’s not draining, so it’s possibly surgery and we’ve been told to expect the worst.

My dads 82 now, lifelong rangers fan, as was his father, and he passed the baton to myself and my son.

Saw all the greats at rangers, went to white city, Wembley 4 times inc the playoff final.

Is registered disabled and hasn’t been to HQ for 18 or so years do to health and costs / transport.

He’s slightly Parkinson’s as well so every thing he says to me is about rangers for about 10 minutes then he’s on again about the same thing for 10 mins etc etc.

Loves the hoops, but I’m afraid (and in tears as I write this) the next couple of days will be his last hurrah. He’s got the last few ‘kick up the rrrrsssss’ by his bedside, and I’m out to see him in hospital tomorrow if he sees the night through.

Not sure what I’ll do without my dad, but for now, i’ll get by. Could I ask that if you can spare a minute, give a thought for him, in hospital. He’s not a religious chap, except when he remembers Stan on the Ball, or Dave Thomas on the wing, and how we cheered when we humbled Cologne in the Eufa cup, and neither am I, but I so want the miracle of another few years with him and will be praying tonight.

Thank you.
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:49 - Feb 19 with 2251 viewsBenny_the_Ball

My heartfelt condolences, Dave. May your father RIP.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:54 - Feb 19 with 2241 viewsTripleR

Sympathy to you and your family Dave, may your dad rest in peace.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:01 - Feb 19 with 2223 viewsSharpy36

God bless you Dave and RIP to one of the Rangers family.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:08 - Feb 19 with 2212 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sorry for your loss Dave but great that you shared QPR together. Lots of families drift apart but a common love of a team is a wonderful bond.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:11 - Feb 19 with 2203 viewsdannyblue

Rest in peace.

Thank you for sharing your experience so honestly.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:14 - Feb 19 with 2199 viewsBklynRanger

So sorry Dave. RIP to your Dad.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:21 - Feb 19 with 2180 viewsAshdown_Ranger

So sorry to hear the inevitable news Dave.

But so glad you and your family were there for him.

God bless you and your family.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:34 - Feb 19 with 2158 viewsHarbour

Condolences to you and your family Dave may your Dad RIP. in time you will be glad you were there with your dad supporting him at the end. Wishing you the very best
Login to get fewer ads

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:45 - Feb 19 with 2146 viewsStreathamRanger

RIP. Your bravery and honesty in posting about these incredibly difficult few days has been a real inspiration. Never posted before even though I've been following this site for years but I just wanted to add my condolences.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:51 - Feb 19 with 2123 viewsdanehoop

Thoughts are with you and your family at this incredibly difficult time,

Never knowingly understood

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:52 - Feb 19 with 2122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:45 - Feb 19 by StreathamRanger

RIP. Your bravery and honesty in posting about these incredibly difficult few days has been a real inspiration. Never posted before even though I've been following this site for years but I just wanted to add my condolences.

I echo these lovely words.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family, Dave.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 2116 viewsLblock

Condolences and sympathies

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 2119 viewsted_hendrix

RIP to your old Man Dave, he might now be gone but trust me mate he'll not be forgotten least of all by you.
You hold your chin up and keep yourself together.

Be proud

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:04 - Feb 19 with 2091 viewsPommyhoop

Thinking of you and your family Dave.
All the best..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 2091 viewseccles

Many condolences Dave. All the rangers family are with you.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 2091 viewsconnell10

Your dad is at peace now mate , be brave it does get easier! One thing you find out at times like this is how kind people are and I think the posts on here prove it, they really help me when my dad passed , stars everyone one of you!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:26 - Feb 19 with 2054 viewseasthertsr

My brother died two weeks before the play off final which I went to with my nephew. We both thought of him in those minutes after the final whistle. Times like these are hard to bear, we are all thinking of you tonight , trust me the pain does get easier ,think of the good times you had with your dad, and know that he always knew that you loved him.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:30 - Feb 19 with 2048 viewscolinallcars

In my early years I didn't really believe in God, but later when relatives began to die I really wanted to believe that I would see them all again one day and I hold that faith. RIP.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:01 - Feb 19 with 1984 viewsterryb

Many condolences Dave. RIP to your father.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 1983 viewsSnipper

So sorry for your loss Dave.

May your dad R.I.P.

I’ll say a prayer for you and your family tonight.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:08 - Feb 19 with 1969 viewskingsburyR

Condolences to you Dave and all of your family. Your thread has had an impact on us all and I wish you all the very best as you grieve your father.

He sounded like like a top dad, you'll always have the memories!!

You R'sssssssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:12 - Feb 19 with 1951 viewsHendonHoop

You and your family are in my thoughts Dave. Be strong.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:16 - Feb 19 with 1937 viewsnix

So sorry to hear this news Dave.

This has been a very touching thread with your very moving posts and the support from all the LFW family. Like all families we can argue but also be there for each other.

RIP Dave’s dad.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:35 - Feb 19 with 1913 viewsPunteR

So sorry for your loss Dave.
Life is so precious isnt it mate. I like to believe theres a god and that we will see all our dead loved ones again. No one has been able to convince me otherwise..Keep strong and positive.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:44 - Feb 19 with 1890 viewslondonscottish

Hi Dave, condolences. It sound like you and your Dad had a real bond all the way to the very which is something very special.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024