Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shootings in Wealdstone 08:32 - May 7 with 11715 viewsRD2112

I used to live in Wealdstone in the late 80's, I was in Claremont Road about half a mile away. My daughter grew up there and I never once worried about her safety. Unless things have really changed, it was never what you'd call a "Ghetto Area". I moved from England in 2003, has it really become that bad now? When I see stuff like this I am so glad that I moved away.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 08:45 - May 7 with 6696 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

London is still incredibly safe, but if you must pin the blame...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/08/police-cuts-likely-contributed-t
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:06 - May 7 with 6625 viewsRangersw12

Shootings in Wealdstone on 08:45 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

London is still incredibly safe, but if you must pin the blame...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/08/police-cuts-likely-contributed-t

100% agree , the stance of less stop and search hasn't helped either
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:10 - May 7 with 6609 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:06 - May 7 by Rangersw12

100% agree , the stance of less stop and search hasn't helped either

I’m not particularly against stop and search, but it was always proven to do very little against knife and gun crime according to the home office themselves.

Spikes in violent crime always coincide with austerity and low wages. Surprised it’s taken this long to be honest.

Also, without wanting to look like a mad conspiracy theorist, lots of exaggerated coverage leading up to local elections in London that Labour were topping the polls for. You’ll notice that commentary will dry up now for a while. Irony is that police funding for London is a Westminster responsibility.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 9:14]
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:13 - May 7 with 6597 viewsessextaxiboy

Put half of the 900 Met Police officers currently working on hate crime back on the streets .
Reinstate random stop and search by any Officer wearing a body camera .
Mandatory 10 years for carrying , knife, gun,acid.20 for threatening with same .
Serious debate on drug decriminalising .20 years for dealing .Life for engaging under 16s in dealing .
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:22 - May 7 with 6565 viewsessextaxiboy

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:10 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not particularly against stop and search, but it was always proven to do very little against knife and gun crime according to the home office themselves.

Spikes in violent crime always coincide with austerity and low wages. Surprised it’s taken this long to be honest.

Also, without wanting to look like a mad conspiracy theorist, lots of exaggerated coverage leading up to local elections in London that Labour were topping the polls for. You’ll notice that commentary will dry up now for a while. Irony is that police funding for London is a Westminster responsibility.

This isnt a trend its a huge spike , a gang war ,we need a Home Office with some courage and a Mayor with some ideas rather than just wanting a cheque
We need a Police Force not a fckin "service " and we need some way to make the fathers of young people hang around to be someone these kids can look up to
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:23 - May 7 with 6562 viewscolinallcars

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:10 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'd be surprised if gang related murders had anything to do with austerity and low wages. Can you provide evidence ?
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:33 - May 7 with 6536 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:22 - May 7 by essextaxiboy

This isnt a trend its a huge spike , a gang war ,we need a Home Office with some courage and a Mayor with some ideas rather than just wanting a cheque
We need a Police Force not a fckin "service " and we need some way to make the fathers of young people hang around to be someone these kids can look up to

We were so close to some agreement there Essex.....

Some questions....

1) How do you make fathers ‘stay’?
2) Why are crime figures in Holland Park and White City so different yet single parent and divorce statistics the same?
3) Why is there a spike in crime but not a spike in single parenthood?
4) How do you know the perpetrators were in single parent families?

I agree a blank cheque won’t solve the problem alone but it’s a start.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:35 - May 7 with 6527 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:23 - May 7 by colinallcars

I'd be surprised if gang related murders had anything to do with austerity and low wages. Can you provide evidence ?

The dates are a bit old by here you go.

Login to get fewer ads

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:43 - May 7 with 6497 viewsPunteR

How are guns getting on the streets?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:44 - May 7 with 6495 viewspaulparker

Jesus a bloke stabbed in Buckingham Avenue , Perivale I used to have a flat there until I sold it 15 years ago and moved away , that was always a quiet little place
To many” gangsters “ who don’t give a sh1t about the old bill they do it in broad daylight now
Drug dealing , stabbing people acid attacks , it’s not just London either it’s everywhere ,
If any political party came out and said our first priority is to crush these little fcukers they would get my vote straight away

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:47 - May 7 with 6487 viewsLblock

Was talking about this on the dog walk this morning

Consensus was too few old bill, we’ve gone too soft on the perps and the do good lefties need to ask themselves have they achieved what they wanted whilst the hoi poloi right wingers need to ask if all the wealth they’ve amassed can’t be put to better use

In summary...... we’re fcuked

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:52 - May 7 with 6472 viewsessextaxiboy

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:33 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

We were so close to some agreement there Essex.....

Some questions....

1) How do you make fathers ‘stay’?
2) Why are crime figures in Holland Park and White City so different yet single parent and divorce statistics the same?
3) Why is there a spike in crime but not a spike in single parenthood?
4) How do you know the perpetrators were in single parent families?

I agree a blank cheque won’t solve the problem alone but it’s a start.

1 , I dont know, thats why I said find some way .I have some ideas to improve parenting but not to stop someone walking out on their kids .
2 More opportunity ..Westfield etc
3 This spike is a gang war , gangs have been there for a while the war hasnt.
4.I dont ,I only hear and see bereaved mothers crying and wringing their hands on the TV ..never Dad .
If the dads are around and the kids are still killing each other we have a worse problem than we thought ..
Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:58 - May 7 with 6454 viewsPunteR

Without putting the blame directly on teachers id say schools are failing as well.
I think weve got a generation of teachers that just tick boxes.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 10:09]

Shootings in Wealdstone on 10:06 - May 7 with 6441 viewsessextaxiboy

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:58 - May 7 by PunteR

Without putting the blame directly on teachers id say schools are failing as well.
I think weve got a generation of teachers that just tick boxes.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 10:09]

Teachers need parents to back them , too many parents "going up the school" to stand on and more with a teacher, threatening legal action because their little soldier got a boll@@ocking .
Shootings in Wealdstone on 10:24 - May 7 with 6362 viewsPunteR

Shootings in Wealdstone on 10:06 - May 7 by essextaxiboy

Teachers need parents to back them , too many parents "going up the school" to stand on and more with a teacher, threatening legal action because their little soldier got a boll@@ocking .

Agree. The main responsibility is the parents but school have a massive influence as well. If the schools were better funded and managed it would help imo.

Shootings in Wealdstone on 10:32 - May 7 with 6340 viewssmegma

Too many police spend too much time on filling in forms. About 3 weeks ago a gang fight broke out in Shepherds Bush tube station. I phoned the Police as it was happening and spent 5 minutes giving details when the copper typed out what I was saying. There were about 15 youths involved. By the time I'd finished giving details the fight was over. Plod turned up about 10 minutes later. The first thing I was asked was 'can you give a description of those involved'....... no because I wasted 5 minutes on the phone telling you my name, location, contact number etc......

Then during last years carnival there was a riot at Shepherds Bush station with station staff hospitalised. The Police didn't turn up as 'we have to Police Holland Park station'. Holland Park was closed at the time. Five staff spent over 5 months off sick as a result.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:03 - May 7 with 6259 viewsBoston

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:35 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m guessing the graph only displays a death that is classified as a murder. Britain’s murder rate is never reflected correctly due to other rulings.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:08 - May 7 with 6245 viewsBoston

Shootings in Wealdstone on 10:32 - May 7 by smegma

Too many police spend too much time on filling in forms. About 3 weeks ago a gang fight broke out in Shepherds Bush tube station. I phoned the Police as it was happening and spent 5 minutes giving details when the copper typed out what I was saying. There were about 15 youths involved. By the time I'd finished giving details the fight was over. Plod turned up about 10 minutes later. The first thing I was asked was 'can you give a description of those involved'....... no because I wasted 5 minutes on the phone telling you my name, location, contact number etc......

Then during last years carnival there was a riot at Shepherds Bush station with station staff hospitalised. The Police didn't turn up as 'we have to Police Holland Park station'. Holland Park was closed at the time. Five staff spent over 5 months off sick as a result.

Out of interest...what happened to Transport Coppers?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:26 - May 7 with 6199 viewsYokelR

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:22 - May 7 by essextaxiboy

Think the absence of uniformed police must have some impact? You can't keep cutting any public service year on year and not expect it to have a result? You can only sell all the police buildings in London once!

Those that are left run around like blue arsed flies trying to keep up with 999 calls.

May when home sec essentially told the police to cease stopping people unless they essentially had enough evidence to arrest, stops went down stops with an arrest went up so it was working right? Err no.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 12:16 - May 7 with 6135 viewsloftboy

The mother of a victim this week says the police are to blame and they failed to protect her son, I can’t imagine being in her position but unless every civilian is issued with a policeman how could the police prevented this?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shootings in Wealdstone on 12:16 - May 7 with 6136 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:03 - May 7 by Boston

I’m guessing the graph only displays a death that is classified as a murder. Britain’s murder rate is never reflected correctly due to other rulings.

The Equality Trust has tons of these graphs including violent crime probably.

The point is, inequality makes criminals, not single parents or statute books.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 12:31 - May 7 with 6108 viewsPunteR

Shootings in Wealdstone on 12:16 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Makes terrorists as well.
Will things change?
Not with the world leaders we have. The whole system is FUBAR

Shootings in Wealdstone on 12:53 - May 7 with 6067 viewscolinallcars

Shootings in Wealdstone on 09:35 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

This graph refers to homicides. We are looking specifically at gang related stuff. Low wages don't come into it as I doubt if any of these toerags work. As for social inequality, I don't think these sort of people think deeply about it. They would be as they are in any societal situation. Their lives are based on gang culture in the USA and Jamaica.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 13:20 - May 7 with 6023 viewsessextaxiboy

Shootings in Wealdstone on 12:16 - May 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Plenty of people on the wrong end of equality , working their nuts off to get on the right side without shooting or stabbing anyone .

Plenty of single parents doing a great job , plenty struggling because the absent parent has been replaced by other influences.
Shootings in Wealdstone on 13:26 - May 7 with 6011 viewsessextaxiboy

Shootings in Wealdstone on 11:26 - May 7 by YokelR

Think the absence of uniformed police must have some impact? You can't keep cutting any public service year on year and not expect it to have a result? You can only sell all the police buildings in London once!

Those that are left run around like blue arsed flies trying to keep up with 999 calls.

May when home sec essentially told the police to cease stopping people unless they essentially had enough evidence to arrest, stops went down stops with an arrest went up so it was working right? Err no.

What you cant quantify is how many knives and guns were not carried because of the chance of a random stop and how many crimes did not happen because of it . Its a deterrent as well as a arrest tool.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024