Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For God's sake, Holloway..... 12:09 - Apr 15 with 4914 viewsBushRanger82

Resist the urge to further experiment with team selection/tactics, whatever, next week at Brentford.
For the sake of pride in ourselves, and our club, do not under any circumstances leave us open to a no-show by the team you put out, and more humiliation at the hands of those eejits in red and white stripes.
Think of the supporters who have paid out good money to cheer the boys on, money doesn't come as easily to most of us, as it does you chaps in football la-la land, you know.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 14:59 - Apr 15 with 3733 viewsDeepcutHoop

Do you want the same team as yesterday or do you want some changes made?
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:05 - Apr 15 with 3677 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Personally, I want Holloway to give as many younguns a chance as possible.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:13 - Apr 15 with 3655 viewstimcocking

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:05 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just not necessarily when we've just scored 4. It is as if he has an irresistable urge to court controversy.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 00:09 - Apr 16 with 3490 viewsisawqpratwcity

Agreed, and now is the time to do it, but it's not a case of just dumping them on the pitch and saying 'go for it!'. It's about finding formations and strategies that work and suit a preferred team, then substituting a novice in with appropriate support and seeing how well he fits in and what other opportunities he might present.

It's not a random process.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 08:46 - Apr 16 with 3425 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Exactly!

If he can’t do it now, when can he? If he doesn’t try some now, then in view of what may be coming, it might be too late then.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 08:57 - Apr 16 with 3411 viewssmegma

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 08:46 - Apr 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Exactly!

If he can’t do it now, when can he? If he doesn’t try some now, then in view of what may be coming, it might be too late then.

He's already admitted he made too many changes on Saturday. Do you want more ?
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 10:43 - Apr 16 with 3341 viewssouthbrookstreet

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 14:59 - Apr 15 by DeepcutHoop

yeah.... change a losing side I would say
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 10:54 - Apr 16 with 3318 viewsTHEBUSH

Against Brentford I want Holloway to play our strongest team, please lets give them a game, I don´t want to be walked all over again
Login to get fewer ads

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 11:00 - Apr 16 with 3307 viewsdaveB

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 10:54 - Apr 16 by THEBUSH

Against Brentford I want Holloway to play our strongest team, please lets give them a game, I don´t want to be walked all over again

He played our strongest team in the home game and they walked all over us. Difficult to know what our best team is at the moment, some would have Smyth and Eze in strongest side, others would want Freeman to play. Even with our strongest team out I think we'll struggle to get a win at Brentford, they are better than us at the moment
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 11:46 - Apr 16 with 3263 viewsngbqpr

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 11:00 - Apr 16 by daveB

He played our strongest team in the home game and they walked all over us. Difficult to know what our best team is at the moment, some would have Smyth and Eze in strongest side, others would want Freeman to play. Even with our strongest team out I think we'll struggle to get a win at Brentford, they are better than us at the moment

This.

If there was a 'strongest starting XI' thread on here, just imagine the number of variations that would be listed.

Even agreeing on a formation would lead to myriad replies....whilst I suspect 95% would say 4 at the back, is it then 442, 4231, 433, 451 etc etc

Take away concerns about Smith's lack of mobility / conversion rate or Sylla's, er, 'Sylla-ness'...and there's a case for starting both (tho not together)...which also means no room for Oteh to get minutes

Look at Freeman's fantastic stats and surely he starts...but if he's at 10, where does Eze play?

Smyth, Manning, Pav and BOS have all put in strong performances of late, but you can't fit them all in...especially if Freeman is pushed wide to accommodate Eze.

Luongo and Scowen have had strong seasons...does that mean that now we're safe, we still exclude Cousins when he is finally injury free and showing some form when played in his best position?

Are we forgetting Washington completely?

Is this not the best time to give minutes to Chair, Kakay, Hamalainen...and Ingram?

This isn't either a pro-or anti-Holloway post. Seems clear to me he's just trying to involve all those he envisages being here next season...make them feel part of the future, get them buzzing (and in the case of the younger ones, vital experience) when the pressure, relatively, is off.

My hope would be that come pre-season, we have a settled squad, get any transfer business (both in & out) done quickly...settle on a formation...settle on the majority of 'start if available' players etc etc...and are raring to go in August.

I appreciate with his history of using the tombola that's far from guaranteed to happen...but right now, I can see why he's trying to give decent game time to all.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 14:01 - Apr 16 with 3170 viewsTHEBUSH

So be it, if they are better than us, no problem.

If you don´t know what our best team is, I can understand, but I know who´d I play and not the eleven Ollie put out on Saturday.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 14:31 - Apr 16 with 3127 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Manu Utd are better than West Brom but still lost because for once this season the Baggies had a go. I do understand the need to give other players a run out now that we're safe but not in the Brentford game, thank you.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 15:36 - Apr 16 with 3081 viewsvegasranger

He's already mouthing off about the Brentford game. Probably be another master plan. Like the starting set up against Fulham, where were taken to the cleaners for the first 30 minutes. Wish he would jut shut up and focus on getting the team into shape to give Brentford a decent challenge.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 15:43 - Apr 16 with 3064 viewssimmo

In a team where Luongo, Freeman, Scowen, Manning, Eze, BOS & Smyth all merit a 1st team place in our midfield and have been involved in our best recent performances, exactly what team/formation would you like Holloway to go with that will constitute him not changing things again?

Also do you go with Smith, our top scorer and focal point or Sylla, who has scored and played fewer games this season due to injury?

Give the guy a break, he's hardly going to play a team of U18's is he, it'll be a variation on the above players + the only defenders we have available to us. If we lose anyway it surely won't be because he didn't play X player over another.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 3043 viewsRangersw12

strongest team would include Scowen,Freeman and Luongo in midfield
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:04 - Apr 16 with 3029 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 14:59 - Apr 15 by DeepcutHoop

I want to see our strongest possible 11 on the pitch at Brentford.
They'll have theirs out, you can bank on it.
Don't want to see players like Smithies, Freeman, Smyth, et al, on the bench.
Especially, if fully fit, and not against Brentford.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:09 - Apr 16 with 3016 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 00:09 - Apr 16 by isawqpratwcity

Agreed, and now is the time to do it, but it's not a case of just dumping them on the pitch and saying 'go for it!'. It's about finding formations and strategies that work and suit a preferred team, then substituting a novice in with appropriate support and seeing how well he fits in and what other opportunities he might present.

It's not a random process.

Pre-season is the time to experiment with inexperienced players and new formations.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:10 - Apr 16 with 3009 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 08:46 - Apr 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Exactly!

Pre-season.
That's when he can do it.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:11 - Apr 16 with 3008 viewsNorthernr

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:09 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

Pre-season is the time to experiment with inexperienced players and new formations.

Well by that logic we wouldn't have switched to a back four, which has improved us and which many people were crying out for - you were persistent in your criticism of his back three were you not?
We also wouldn't have seen anything of Smyth or Eze, which again wouldn't be a good thing.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:45 - Apr 16 with 2973 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:11 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Well by that logic we wouldn't have switched to a back four, which has improved us and which many people were crying out for - you were persistent in your criticism of his back three were you not?
We also wouldn't have seen anything of Smyth or Eze, which again wouldn't be a good thing.

I see.

What do you suggest then?
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:56 - Apr 16 with 2962 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:11 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Just read your Preston match report.

Aren't we kinda singing from the same hymn sheet?

Or, am I missing something?
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:56 - Apr 16 with 2961 viewsNorthernr

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:45 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

I see.

What do you suggest then?

Well I don't like it when he makes loads of changes either - thought it was ridiculous that Smyth and Sylla were left out on Saturday. But it's not very practical to say you're not allowed to try any new formations or inexperienced players except during pre-season is it? Like I say, Eze and Smyth (who we're now upset when he leaves them out) hadn't made a first team appearance between them at the start of January so their introduction midseason has been a great idea.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:59 - Apr 16 with 2953 viewsNorthernr

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:56 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

Just read your Preston match report.

Aren't we kinda singing from the same hymn sheet?

Or, am I missing something?

Yeh we are, but you've got a bit carried away on this thread.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:04 - Apr 16 with 2941 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 16:56 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Well I don't like it when he makes loads of changes either - thought it was ridiculous that Smyth and Sylla were left out on Saturday. But it's not very practical to say you're not allowed to try any new formations or inexperienced players except during pre-season is it? Like I say, Eze and Smyth (who we're now upset when he leaves them out) hadn't made a first team appearance between them at the start of January so their introduction midseason has been a great idea.

Like many others, I think when a manager starts off on the wrong foot, he should do whatever needs doing to rectify the situation, whether it be trying out different players, or changing formation.

It's when a manager hits on a winning formula, that experimentation can take a deserved back seat.

That's my take on it, anyway.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:04 - Apr 16 with 2937 viewsNorthernr

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:04 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

Like many others, I think when a manager starts off on the wrong foot, he should do whatever needs doing to rectify the situation, whether it be trying out different players, or changing formation.

It's when a manager hits on a winning formula, that experimentation can take a deserved back seat.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Yeh it annoys me when we win and he changes it all around. Players have earned the right for another go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024