Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Belgium 14:31 - Jun 27 with 13166 viewsElHoop

So who do we pick?

Lose the game to get an easier quarter final? I'd love to see us thrash them. I couldn't care less who we end up playing. Let's just do a proper job and give a few guys a rest, but make everyone else worry about playing us. I'd like to see Kane and Alli start the game. Give Sterling, Lingard and Loftus-Cheek a break, and change the two wing backs. But I've no idea what he'll do. I just want us to win the game, regardless of the consequences.
England v Belgium on 08:50 - Jun 29 with 1385 viewsTheChef

This 'easy route' thing is bollox.

Having been considered a bunch of no-hopers before the tournament, we beat Panama 6-1 and are now considered odds on to beat Colombia and then 'only' have to beat Sweden or Switzerland to get to the semis. The media in this country make me laugh. Let's take one game at a time shall we?

I'm expecting more glorious failure (probably with a dash of VAR controversy) against Colombia.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England v Belgium on 08:58 - Jun 29 with 1377 viewsspencer

Is it true? On paper we have an "easier" route..as we will miss France,Argentina Brazil Mexico Uruguay and Portugal....if we had been drawn against Japan..ranked 61 in FIFA rankings.

Instead...we play Colombia..ranked just 4 below us...and look very good so far(IMO)

Nothing is easy in World Football and as previous thread stated....Colombia will be a very hard game....Then on to Switzerland 6th or Sweden ranked 24.

Germany...were ranked number 1 in the world.
Belgium by the way..ranked 3.
England v Belgium on 09:04 - Jun 29 with 1360 viewstimcocking

World Cup friendly matches, ffs. Nothing like working on team cohesion.

These effing sports scientists have got a lot to answer for. The might well have spent several years studying sport, but clearly havent ever participated in any. It's like listening to David Brent.
England v Belgium on 09:06 - Jun 29 with 1360 viewskingsburyR

The result last night swings both ways really.

Second brings the easier side of the draw on FIFA rankings BUT gives us the harder task in the next round.

James went off injured early in the game against Senegal so interesting to see of he plays as he is a vital cog for them.

Can we beat Columbia, YES but I'd have fancied ourselves more against Japan who Belguim (with their first team) will put to the sword.

So roll on Tuesday. The missus has been told England takes priority over Clubercise on this occasion as I had to watch last night at home with my little girls due to Pilates!

P.S. If Southgate gave a shite about last nights result Kane would have been thrown on the minute they scored!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

England v Belgium on 09:26 - Jun 29 with 1324 viewsswisscottage

England v Belgium on 08:42 - Jun 29 by ingeminate

Further positives to having a much better draw, no injuries and rested players is the performance backed up southgate’s decision making. Henderson over Dier, sterling over Rashford, young over rose all look solid decisions. Though Rashford remains a phenomenal impact sub. The only down side is Pickford has looked a bit dodgy.
There are so many reasons to be positive that I can’t help thinking that anyone bleating about lost momentum or missed opportunities must be a pretty half empty type person.

Personally I though Rose offered a lot more yesterday in both defensive qualities and attacking threat than Ashley young has produced combined in the first two games.

I'm with NorthernR on this Ashley Young is a consistent 6/10 player where as Rose can achieve the 7s and 8s.

Other than that, is is clear as day how much better the team is with the 'first teamers', and with our strongest team I don't think we should fear anyone.
Henderson over Dier.
Back three of Walker-Stones-Maguire.
Tripier over Arnold, who was out of his depth.
Kane over anyone.
Ali if fit

Outside of that Rashford, Loftus Cheek, Stirling give us options. And I also like Vardy if we're looking to counter attack. He never stops running, and puts good pressure on oppo defenses with his constant harrying however he should be considered alongside Kane instead of Stirling depending on the situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024