Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official 10:18 - Jun 28 with 7464 viewsTheChef

Undisclosed fee.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/alex-smithies-joins-cardiff/

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:19 - Jun 28 with 5498 viewsBasingstokeR

"Undisclosed"
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:22 - Jun 28 with 5476 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not sure when the last time we ever disclosed a fee!

Bare bones.

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:28 - Jun 28 with 5443 viewsSnipper

Gutted he’s gone, but I hope he goes and plays very well for Cardiff, and gets a move to a much bigger team in the future. He’s been a brilliant goalkeeper for us, so he goes with my blessing.

The big mystery to his time here though....... how in the name of god did that clusterfcuk, Rob Green, keep him out of the team for so long?
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:34 - Jun 28 with 5399 views2Thomas2Bowles

2 welsh lambs a box of leeks and some daffs with a weekend in Barry if he plays more than 100 games.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:35 - Jun 28 with 5391 viewsNortholt_Rs

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:28 - Jun 28 by Snipper

Gutted he’s gone, but I hope he goes and plays very well for Cardiff, and gets a move to a much bigger team in the future. He’s been a brilliant goalkeeper for us, so he goes with my blessing.

The big mystery to his time here though....... how in the name of god did that clusterfcuk, Rob Green, keep him out of the team for so long?

Because the manager was a c.unt...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:36 - Jun 28 with 5376 viewsNortholt_Rs

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:19 - Jun 28 by BasingstokeR

"Undisclosed"

For ‘undisclosed’ read ‘tiny’....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:40 - Jun 28 with 5350 viewsflynnbo

I don't think for one minute that the finance people at the club are going out deliberately to lose the club money. Maybe, and rather more perversely,,we should be thankful that we even got that much. Just putting it out there.
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:40 - Jun 28 with 5350 viewsCiderwithRsie

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:22 - Jun 28 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure when the last time we ever disclosed a fee!

The way to measure it will be on the players we bring in. I don't suppose we'll know the fees of those either but that's irrelevant anyway, what matter is whether they're any good.

We got a club record fee for Les Ferdinand and we spent it on rubbish. The measure of this transfer is whether the defence is better next season than it was last year.
Login to get fewer ads

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:57 - Jun 28 with 5259 viewsBasingstokeR

How are we going to invest the 'Smithies Dividend'?
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:08 - Jun 28 with 5205 viewsLowerloftLad

he has done a great job good luck for the future
shame he couldn't stay on but let's face it we will be fighting the drop again this season and he will want to push on with his career

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:12 - Jun 28 with 5173 viewsthame_hoops

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 10:28 - Jun 28 by Snipper

When Green got sent off against forest Smithies came on and looked really shaky. Wasn’t until green left that he came into his own imo
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 11:13]
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:14 - Jun 28 with 5157 viewsElHoop

Good luck to him. I'd have taken the money too - I think that Lumley could end up being worth more than we got for Smithies, so hopefully we'll win both ways. We should have a young side next season so Lumley won't look so out of place if he makes a few mistakes himself. We need some experience or at least some real potential at centre back, so hopefully that's where the money will go.
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:17 - Jun 28 with 5131 viewsMytch_QPR

Thanks, Alex and good luck.

It's been a long time since we've had such a good penalty stopper at The Rs.

More important to get the CB positions sorted at the moment.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:20 - Jun 28 with 5109 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Cheers Alex.

Best of Luck

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:28 - Jun 28 with 5051 viewssimmo

Putting my own heartache and frustration aside, best of luck to one of the best keepers in recent memory. Deserves so much more and I am sure if he'd stayed with Huddersfield and had a year in the PL with them, he'd be around the England squad by now - maybe he can be part of the conversation next season.

Good luck, Al.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:38 - Jun 28 with 4996 viewskingo

Best of luck to Alex, he served us very well. But I also think that young Mr Lumley will go on to be a very good keeper for us and now is the right time to bring him through. Plus we need to add some players in defence and the money received and also saved will hopefully allow us to add young, hungry players.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:42 - Jun 28 with 4963 viewsQPR_John

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:14 - Jun 28 by ElHoop

Good luck to him. I'd have taken the money too - I think that Lumley could end up being worth more than we got for Smithies, so hopefully we'll win both ways. We should have a young side next season so Lumley won't look so out of place if he makes a few mistakes himself. We need some experience or at least some real potential at centre back, so hopefully that's where the money will go.

" I think that Lumley could end up being worth more than we got for Smithies, so hopefully we'll win both ways."

Maybe not if we let his contract run down to only two years left
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:50 - Jun 28 with 4928 viewsWestbourneR

Gutted to see this as he was such a great pro for us - clearly really good character and obviously a brilliant keeper.

That said I am sure he had a Prem club release fee as part of his new contract and seeing as that has allowed us to get circa £4 million for him when he might have left on a free - that's a good bit of work by the club.

£4 million is not a lot but we do have two keepers who can step up at no cost - and I am a BIG fan of Lumley - so this is definitely a gamble but the kind of gamble a club like ours needs to make.

This is the model now, we've got put it into action.

And it's a model that can work - see Rangers in the early 90s - but you've got to get that balance right. You can't afford a 'sell Ferdinand, buy Hateley' year. You got to always replace with quality.

Both Swansea and Southampton are both salient recent examples of teams that finally pushed the 'sell high buy low' model too far and paid the price. We've got to get the balance right.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:53 - Jun 28 with 4910 viewsconnell10

Bye Aex sold far to cheap!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 12:10 - Jun 28 with 4816 viewskingsburyR

Sightly off piste,

I saw a picture of five of the squad at the kit launch.

Couldn't name one of them!!!!

Must be getting old!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 12:12 - Jun 28 with 4810 viewsBklynRanger

God's speed Smithers. I loved you.
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 12:15 - Jun 28 with 4787 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 12:10 - Jun 28 by kingsburyR

Sightly off piste,

I saw a picture of five of the squad at the kit launch.

Couldn't name one of them!!!!

Must be getting old!

Glad that wasn't just me!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 12:15 - Jun 28 with 4790 viewsloftboy

Anyone know how much Leeds are paying Birmingham for stockdale? Just wanted a comparison as he’s shite compared to smithies.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 12:20 - Jun 28 with 4777 viewshoopdog

Got to wish him well ! Or any others that bale out , professional sports man why stay at a club with no immediate ambition
Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 12:48 - Jun 28 with 4645 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smithies gone to Cardiff - official on 11:50 - Jun 28 by WestbourneR

Gutted to see this as he was such a great pro for us - clearly really good character and obviously a brilliant keeper.

That said I am sure he had a Prem club release fee as part of his new contract and seeing as that has allowed us to get circa £4 million for him when he might have left on a free - that's a good bit of work by the club.

£4 million is not a lot but we do have two keepers who can step up at no cost - and I am a BIG fan of Lumley - so this is definitely a gamble but the kind of gamble a club like ours needs to make.

This is the model now, we've got put it into action.

And it's a model that can work - see Rangers in the early 90s - but you've got to get that balance right. You can't afford a 'sell Ferdinand, buy Hateley' year. You got to always replace with quality.

Both Swansea and Southampton are both salient recent examples of teams that finally pushed the 'sell high buy low' model too far and paid the price. We've got to get the balance right.

"That said I am sure he had a Prem club release fee as part of his new contract".

This would explain it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024