Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Mc on Twitter 19:21 - Aug 19 with 35180 viewsRangersw12

Is it me or has this appointment got disaster written all over it
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 19:22]
Dave Mc on Twitter on 08:45 - Aug 21 with 2548 viewsPunteR

Dave Mc on Twitter on 08:12 - Aug 21 by TheChef

Have to admit I'm confused by the whole thing now.

Has Mclaren been allowed to tear up the blueprint of developing our younger players and working with the squad as it is (more or less)?

If he wants to attract only players that he knows (...) how does this work in the confines of FFP and where is our money coming from?

Where does this leave the likes of Ferdinand and Penrice who appear to have been completely overruled?

Unhysterical valid questions.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dave Mc on Twitter on 08:57 - Aug 21 with 2490 viewsHooparoo

Dave Mc on Twitter on 08:45 - Aug 21 by PunteR

Unhysterical valid questions.

Starting to wonder if Les is the problem (as much as we all love him). Three different managers now seemingly have no structure and shape. He’s the common denominator.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:03 - Aug 21 with 2462 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dave Mc on Twitter on 08:57 - Aug 21 by Hooparoo

Starting to wonder if Les is the problem (as much as we all love him). Three different managers now seemingly have no structure and shape. He’s the common denominator.

So is Andy Sinton and his poxy Forever R's he should be giving them a playing contract rather than a chit chat at half time. Sinton out!

The grass is always greener.

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:23 - Aug 21 with 2388 viewsTheChef

Still hard to say.

What is clear though is the impact of FFP and the club having to cut its cloth accordingly. McLaren should have been totally clear on this when taking the job, so why does it look like he's trying to change it all now (and how feasible is that anyway)?

Something has to give.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:37 - Aug 21 with 2328 viewsMytch_QPR

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:23 - Aug 21 by TheChef

Still hard to say.

What is clear though is the impact of FFP and the club having to cut its cloth accordingly. McLaren should have been totally clear on this when taking the job, so why does it look like he's trying to change it all now (and how feasible is that anyway)?

Something has to give.

Biggest concern for me is these potential loan signings - if they have a choice of clubs then it's going to be difficult to persuade them to come to us if we're looking at a potential change of manager after the first five games.

Big old week for Amit, Evil Les and Mr Hoos.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:57 - Aug 21 with 2250 viewsdaveB

Dave Mc on Twitter on 08:12 - Aug 21 by TheChef

Have to admit I'm confused by the whole thing now.

Has Mclaren been allowed to tear up the blueprint of developing our younger players and working with the squad as it is (more or less)?

If he wants to attract only players that he knows (...) how does this work in the confines of FFP and where is our money coming from?

Where does this leave the likes of Ferdinand and Penrice who appear to have been completely overruled?

As it stands everything that has been worked on in terms of scouting and player recruitment for the last 3 years has been ripped up this summer with a new manager who wants tried and tested. Who'd have though a former assistant of Redknapps wouldn't buy into developing a team and want ready made players
Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:59 - Aug 21 with 2242 viewsdaveB

Structure seemed pretty sound till the summer. JFH, Ramsey and Holloway all made signings from either lower league clubs or younger hungrier players that fit into the budget. For whatever reason that now appears to have gone out of the window.
Dave Mc on Twitter on 10:15 - Aug 21 with 2192 viewsisawqpratwcity

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:59 - Aug 21 by daveB

Structure seemed pretty sound till the summer. JFH, Ramsey and Holloway all made signings from either lower league clubs or younger hungrier players that fit into the budget. For whatever reason that now appears to have gone out of the window.

Are you saying that they don't fit into the budget? What do you know that we don't?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Dave Mc on Twitter on 10:16 - Aug 21 with 2203 viewsTacticalR

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:59 - Aug 21 by daveB

I am surprised how many people didn't notice that.

Air hostess clique

Dave Mc on Twitter on 10:19 - Aug 21 with 2193 viewsoldmisery

Dave Mc on Twitter on 03:14 - Aug 21 by PlanetHonneywood

While I totally agree with you about picking the best side you can from the players you have, I'm not sure you're totally correct about Jimmy Greaves.

Greaves played in the three group games, getting injured in the final match. Hurst came in for the quarter-final, scored, and SAR decided to stick with that starting XI.

I would have preferred to see both Greaves and Hurst in the team - never liked Roger Hunt much - but what did I know, I was only sixteen at the time.
Dave Mc on Twitter on 10:20 - Aug 21 with 2190 viewsdaveB

Dave Mc on Twitter on 10:15 - Aug 21 by isawqpratwcity

Are you saying that they don't fit into the budget? What do you know that we don't?

Not saying that at all, said that was the structure for the last 3 years but plan now is go for more established players on loan who will obviously cost a bit more. They will fit into the budget which is why Manning went to free up wages
Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:10 - Aug 21 with 2054 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Dave Mc on Twitter on 10:20 - Aug 21 by daveB

Not saying that at all, said that was the structure for the last 3 years but plan now is go for more established players on loan who will obviously cost a bit more. They will fit into the budget which is why Manning went to free up wages

Dave Mc apparently retracted his comments (Page 5) and there doesn't actually seem to be any evidence of a change in structure or a change of direction. Manning going out on loan seems to be a decision based on McClaren's opinion of him and his chances of getting a good run of games. Personally I'd rather he had stayed but he certainly went backwards last season and does need regular games. We lost a number of experienced players - Ned, Robinson, Smithies, Perch ....McClaren seems to be saying he wants to maintain the sort of youth/experience balance he inherited via loans, which sounds sensible.

Posters, and particularly you, seem to be making a drama out of nothing as usual.
Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:16 - Aug 21 with 2020 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:10 - Aug 21 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Dave Mc apparently retracted his comments (Page 5) and there doesn't actually seem to be any evidence of a change in structure or a change of direction. Manning going out on loan seems to be a decision based on McClaren's opinion of him and his chances of getting a good run of games. Personally I'd rather he had stayed but he certainly went backwards last season and does need regular games. We lost a number of experienced players - Ned, Robinson, Smithies, Perch ....McClaren seems to be saying he wants to maintain the sort of youth/experience balance he inherited via loans, which sounds sensible.

Posters, and particularly you, seem to be making a drama out of nothing as usual.

If 7-1 does not invoke some "drama" I don't know what would
8-1?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:19 - Aug 21 with 2009 viewspaulparker

looks like we have some board members or QPR employees posting on here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:20 - Aug 21 with 1992 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:19 - Aug 21 by paulparker

looks like we have some board members or QPR employees posting on here

Not spaghetti but there may be one a few posts up

But apparently, I'm marc bircham or one of Ollys relatives
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 11:23]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:32 - Aug 21 with 1941 viewsRs_Holy

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:38 - Aug 21 with 1900 viewscyprusmel

Dave Mc on Twitter on 10:19 - Aug 21 by oldmisery

I would have preferred to see both Greaves and Hurst in the team - never liked Roger Hunt much - but what did I know, I was only sixteen at the time.

I was at Wembley for the final and was there when the England team coach came in.
A young man next to me asked JG if he was playing and he replied "I don't Know, I really don't know.
Like you I would have preferred Greaves in the team but Alf Ramsey got it right.
Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:39 - Aug 21 with 1895 viewsdaveB

We've gone from signing the likes of Bright Samuel, Wheeler and Smyth to Rangel and trying to sign Routledge, Hemed and George Thorne. if thats not a change in direction I don't know what is.

I get replacing the experienced players but doing it through the loan market is an expensive and risky way to do it
Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:45 - Aug 21 with 1868 viewsDavieQPR

There are experienced players and there is Bassong. Who the bl**dy hell thought
he might be an improvement. He is not young and looking at him he is not hungry.
Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:53 - Aug 21 with 1824 viewsTacticalR

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:39 - Aug 21 by daveB

We've gone from signing the likes of Bright Samuel, Wheeler and Smyth to Rangel and trying to sign Routledge, Hemed and George Thorne. if thats not a change in direction I don't know what is.

I get replacing the experienced players but doing it through the loan market is an expensive and risky way to do it

There's also the manager himself. In recent years he has been a top end of the Championship/bottom end of the Premiership manager. Does he fit our austerity model?

There is a degree of confusion. All we need to top it off is Fernandes tweeting that the squad is good enough for promotion.

Air hostess clique

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:59 - Aug 21 with 1768 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:39 - Aug 21 by daveB

Of course, when we signed those young pups, we did have a Ned, Robbo, Smithies, Mackie and, dare I say it, Perch in the trenches.

Now we've lost that level of experience, we do need some older heads on older shoulders. Only thing is, how are their older legs?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dave Mc on Twitter on 12:00 - Aug 21 with 1761 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:53 - Aug 21 by TacticalR

There's also the manager himself. In recent years he has been a top end of the Championship/bottom end of the Premiership manager. Does he fit our austerity model?

There is a degree of confusion. All we need to top it off is Fernandes tweeting that the squad is good enough for promotion.

Which it is, right?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dave Mc on Twitter on 12:04 - Aug 21 with 1741 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:45 - Aug 21 by DavieQPR

There are experienced players and there is Bassong. Who the bl**dy hell thought
he might be an improvement. He is not young and looking at him he is not hungry.

What useful up-to-date information is your opinion of Bassong based on?

I know nothing about him except what I have read and old stuff I've seen on Telly.
The chance of signing him seems like 100/1 to me. Perhaps he was only there to fill in for one U23 game.
Dave Mc on Twitter on 12:07 - Aug 21 with 1723 viewssevenhoop

Dave Mc on Twitter on 09:57 - Aug 21 by daveB

As it stands everything that has been worked on in terms of scouting and player recruitment for the last 3 years has been ripped up this summer with a new manager who wants tried and tested. Who'd have though a former assistant of Redknapps wouldn't buy into developing a team and want ready made players

100% right. he was supposedly brought in to work with the kids. We are shit anyway, so why not go down (if that is what we are going to do) fighting with the youngsters rather than some old has-beens (or, more likely, never-wasses)
Dave Mc on Twitter on 12:08 - Aug 21 with 1721 viewsRangersDave

Dave Mc on Twitter on 11:20 - Aug 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Not spaghetti but there may be one a few posts up

But apparently, I'm marc bircham or one of Ollys relatives
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 11:23]

no, "i'm Marc Bircham"!

anyone else?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024