Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I despair.... 15:22 - Aug 23 with 5431 viewsr66

.....of supposed "fans"
Whilst I have been a fan for over 50 years, I freely confess to being only an occasional visitor to Loftus Road over more recent years, although I have been to the last two home games and what I heard and saw makes me realise why I rarely go now and have 'fallen out of love' with football in general. So, I bow to those who have suffered the pain of following our team over recent years much more close at hand than I.
However, to hear our own young goalkeeper (whatever his failings) booed, jeered and ridiculed was sad.
To hear others of our own players booed and jeered barely minutes into the game was sad.
To listen to people singing "you don't know what you're doing" (as if they would have a clue!!) and "you're getting sacked in the morning" (I'd love someone come into their workplace and chant that at them!!)) makes me realise what a moronic character the archetypal modern football fan has become...not all by any means but far too many!!
The corny line that "football is all about opinions" is true and everybody is entitled to theirs but how can the behaviour of some help our team??
Whether you supported Holloway or not, whether you support McClaren or not, whether you rate Ingram, Washington, Bidwell or whoever, you are entitled to your opinion but how can catcalling and ridiculing them help this club??
So, if we change the manager...how long do we give him to provide instant success before the same nonsense starts...obviously not as many as 5!!!! That's as many as McClaren has had!!
This message board has many and varied contributors with an array of opinions, excellently moderated by Clive, and if you want to sound off.....fair enough but confine it to here. When you're at the ground, support the team, whoever is playing/managing/running the club....how can some of the behaviour on Tuesday night help us get out of our current plight??
I turned to a guy on Tuesday evening and asked him how jeering Ingram would help his performance...he looked at me blankly as if I'd come from Mars!! It said it all.
I despair.... on 15:28 - Aug 23 with 4178 viewsstevec

To be honest with you, was you coming down here in the early Mick Leach era ?
I despair.... on 15:40 - Aug 23 with 4141 viewswortonranger

I was, and the stick he got then was just as bad as what many do now. At least Mick proved them wrong ( I was at Villa for his headed goal ). It’s always driven me up the wall, but now, with the instant attention one gets on line, it’s far worse. The keyboard warriors don’t even have to face up to their fellow supporters. A couple of seasons ago I was accused of being Bobby Zamoras love interest ( was expressed more bluntly ) when I defended him after he struggled in a televised away game when selected though unfit. At least I had the last laugh at Wembley the next season.
I despair.... on 15:48 - Aug 23 with 4082 viewscolinallcars

I despair.... on 15:28 - Aug 23 by stevec

To be honest with you, was you coming down here in the early Mick Leach era ?

True. Mike Keen and Alan Wilks got a fair bit of stick from the crowd as well in those days.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 15:57]
I despair.... on 15:53 - Aug 23 with 4040 viewsstevec

Yes, I loved it when Leach proved many wrong and forgot about Wilks, he used to get slaughtered.

Ron Abbott, Brian Williams, they got far worse at the ground than this present lot. I thought they got off rather lightly on Tuesday night, though up in SAR it was considerably more restrained than Ellerslie.
I despair.... on 15:59 - Aug 23 with 3985 viewspaulparker

its funny how all these fans who come on here and slag off other s for having quite rightly the hump in how our the club is being run always start off with
"ive been going over 50 years"

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I despair.... on 16:02 - Aug 23 with 3965 viewsMytch_QPR

I make r66 right - there's nothing to be gained by giving your own team grief and I prefer to moan inwardly rather than vent my frustrations verbally.

To my mind, a fair bit of it is jealousy - the players get very well paid these days (even after our cost cutting exercise) and so people paying their hard earned cash feel it's within their rights to have a go (which it is). They should try to imagine themselves as a player and ask themselves if it is productive...

(which it isn't).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

I despair.... on 17:36 - Aug 23 with 3819 viewspeejaybee

I despair.... on 15:59 - Aug 23 by paulparker

its funny how all these fans who come on here and slag off other s for having quite rightly the hump in how our the club is being run always start off with

Well I will change that. I have been supporting the Rsssss for 70 years and totally agree with that 50 year supporter.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

I despair.... on 17:43 - Aug 23 with 3778 viewsDejR_vu

I despair.... on 17:36 - Aug 23 by peejaybee

Well I will change that. I have been supporting the Rsssss for 70 years and totally agree with that 50 year supporter.

70 years of this? How have you managed that?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

I despair.... on 17:45 - Aug 23 with 3766 viewsAddinall

You and me both.

Been at it since '47.
I despair.... on 17:55 - Aug 23 with 3716 viewsTacticalR

The problem isn't the fans.

Air hostess clique

I despair.... on 17:56 - Aug 23 with 3710 viewspeejaybee

I despair.... on 17:45 - Aug 23 by Addinall

You and me both.

Been at it since '47.

What would they think of Arthur Jefferson.

I despair.... on 17:59 - Aug 23 with 3690 viewspeejaybee

I despair.... on 17:43 - Aug 23 by DejR_vu

70 years of this? How have you managed that?

Having been born in Acklam Road.[ Now the Westway] who else should I have supported.??

I despair.... on 18:06 - Aug 23 with 3655 viewsAntti_Heinola

I despair.... on 17:55 - Aug 23 by TacticalR

The problem isn't the fans.

no but his point wasn't 'don't get angry' it's about the nature of how that anger manifests itself. And he's right: 'sacked in the morning' is distasteful, and abuse towards a keeper clearly lacking confidence won't help him either. He didn't let that first one in on purpose.

Bare bones.

I despair.... on 18:09 - Aug 23 with 3642 viewskingo

I despair.... on 15:59 - Aug 23 by paulparker

We say it because we started watching our club when we were a small local club in the third division. We have seen the ups and the downs before but most importantly we haven’t given up on QPR and are still here, supporting our team

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

I despair.... on 18:30 - Aug 23 with 3586 viewspaulparker

I despair.... on 18:09 - Aug 23 by kingo

We say it because we started watching our club when we were a small local club in the third division. We have seen the ups and the downs before but most importantly we haven’t given up on QPR and are still here, supporting our team

Who said anything about giving up ? I’m a 3rd generation QPR fan, my family lived locally and all of them both sides included support this club , and have done since the 30’s , none of that changes anything I don’t feel the need to let people know this oh and I speak passionately because I hate seeing what we are now
If QPR fans who go and pay decent money to watch the garbage served up to them and want to have a good old moan then that’s down to them they paid their money that’s their right , the facts are Ingram was crap , and mclaren was Clueless if you want to stay behind and clap them and say better luck next time rangers that’s down to you , and I’m not judging you on that either , each to their own
but I can’t stand other fans who give it the I’m more superior and I’ve been going 50 years and I’ve never once booed blah blah blah and then slag off the other fans for having different opinions
that doesn’t sit well with me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I despair.... on 18:35 - Aug 23 with 3562 viewsEsox_Lucius

Perhaps you could then explain the benefits to QPR of booing and jeering the team during the match for the rest of us? I know I don't understand what it is meant to do.

The grass is always greener.

I despair.... on 18:36 - Aug 23 with 3558 viewsbosh67

Good lead thread and agree mostly. Mick Leach was a huge hero and icon of mine. Devastated when he died so young. Really proved people wrong and became a real hero at the club. Similar to Paul Furlong winning the fans over.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I despair.... on 19:15 - Aug 23 with 3472 viewsgoldcoasthoop

Must be chained up under the stands?
I despair.... on 19:29 - Aug 23 with 3424 viewspaulparker

I despair.... on 18:35 - Aug 23 by Esox_Lucius

Perhaps you could then explain the benefits to QPR of booing and jeering the team during the match for the rest of us? I know I don't understand what it is meant to do.

What are going on about now ??
Do you actually read posts ?

Il repeat what I said one more time for you
If people want to pay their hard earned and have a go that’s their porogative
If people want to clap and say bad luck rangers , again good for them
A bit like you standing up to Barton and redknapp ( so you say) that’s your right you pay your money you have right to show appreciation or displeasure
They are QPR fans and the way the club has performed and acted they are lucky they are actually going through the door , if Ingram can’t hack someone calling him Sh1t when he is playing badly he is in the wrong game and if mclaren can’t hack it he shouldn’t take the thousands he does
My point is the club is in a right old mess due to years of neglect the fans have a right to be p1ssed off so scoring cheap points calling them morons or Chelsea fans is very low and bang out of order

Btw why did you have a go at Barton and redknapp to their faces
How did that help QPR at the time when we were in relegation trouble ? perhaps you should answer your own question and perhaps you will find the answer

I despair.... (n/t) on 19:32 - Aug 23 with 3415 viewswortonranger

You and me both.

Been at it since '47.

I despair.... on 19:35 - Aug 23 with 3399 viewswortonranger

You and me both.

Been at it since '47.

Love the name “Bert”. You are the spirit of my father’s favourite player, exploits followed via the Kilburn times when he was posted out in India.
Mind you, in more recent times, Brian Williams always seemed a desperate signing. I mean –- that beard!
I despair.... on 20:00 - Aug 23 with 3352 viewsNewYorkRanger

I went to my first game at Loftus Road in 1975. That means I've been going for 43 years. Does that count?

Glory hunter, me

I despair.... on 20:11 - Aug 23 with 3315 viewsAddinall

I despair.... on 19:35 - Aug 23 by wortonranger

Love the name “Bert”. You are the spirit of my father’s favourite player, exploits followed via the Kilburn times when he was posted out in India.
Mind you, in more recent times, Brian Williams always seemed a desperate signing. I mean –- that beard!

He and Reg Allen were early heroes of mine. Reg was class while Bert was the epitome of playing for the shirt. Reckoned to be on a par with Lawton with his head. Remember him giving John Charles a hell of a match.
I despair.... on 20:13 - Aug 23 with 3311 viewsAddinall

I despair.... on 17:56 - Aug 23 by peejaybee

What would they think of Arthur Jefferson.

No playing out from the back with Arthur. More likely to put it into Ellerslie road gardens.
I despair.... on 20:13 - Aug 23 with 3306 viewskingo

I despair.... on 20:00 - Aug 23 by NewYorkRanger

I went to my first game at Loftus Road in 1975. That means I've been going for 43 years. Does that count?

No you are obviously a glory hunter ;)

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024