Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oteh 12:31 - Sep 3 with 6674 viewsconnell10

Given new three year deal.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Oteh on 01:54 - Sep 5 with 1335 viewstimcocking

I bet he won't get a game sadly.
Oteh on 05:40 - Sep 5 with 1302 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oteh on 20:21 - Sep 4 by Burnleyhoop

So we appointed MaClaren to use his extensive coaching talents and experience to develop our youngsters. Why then send them out on loan?

Should we not retain them and develop them for inclusion in the first team set up sometime in the near future?

or are we that desperate for cash we need to do it to pay for this seasons expensive loan signings that were clearly needed to avoid what looked like impending relegation.

Our strategy changes on a weekly basis and is the cause of our never ending instability. Reactionary is the byword for our approach....not good.

We sent young players out on loan last year as well and it was deemed by the fans to be very beneficial. While I personally was disappointed to see Manning FK out in loan I understood the logic.

It could well be argued that it’s the fans who’re being reactionary at the moment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oteh on 06:49 - Sep 5 with 1286 viewsLblock

Not seen much of this lad but glad he’s signed a new deal as he seems to be a cereal goal score

Good luck Oatie

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oteh on 08:07 - Sep 5 with 1236 viewsjonno

Oteh on 05:40 - Sep 5 by BrianMcCarthy

We sent young players out on loan last year as well and it was deemed by the fans to be very beneficial. While I personally was disappointed to see Manning FK out in loan I understood the logic.

It could well be argued that it’s the fans who’re being reactionary at the moment.

Exactly. When you start the season losing your first four games, one by 7-1 and 0-3 at home to Bristol City then some sort of reaction is to be expected! Just because a player is loaned out doesn't mean it's the end of his career at Rangers, and neither does being left out for a more experienced player. I suspect that if and when we get to somewhere safer in the league table we will see some more youngsters given game time, but the priority at the moment has to be to move up the table.
Oteh on 12:22 - Sep 5 with 1146 viewsrsonist

Well said, Brian.

People seem to (all of a sudden) be arguing that loaning players out for first team football isn't youth development, or that having a balanced squad into which we gradually integrate kids isn't optimal. Kakay has not been discarded or bombed out or whatever other histrionic distortion and it's already hard to argue that in the long term he won't be better for working with Rangel and not having the full weight of the shirt on him while Furs is out.
Oteh on 08:16 - Sep 6 with 1003 viewssmegma

I remember a kid n the 80s being loaned out. A centre forward who couldn't hit the proverbial barn door in the reserve team. Went to Besiktas if I recall.
Oteh on 08:36 - Sep 6 with 963 viewsblacky200

Oteh on 08:16 - Sep 6 by smegma

I remember a kid n the 80s being loaned out. A centre forward who couldn't hit the proverbial barn door in the reserve team. Went to Besiktas if I recall.

Exactly. You can coach players for ever and a day but they need competitive matches to gain experience. I think a good example of this is Theo Walcot. OK opinions differ on him but all those years spent in Arsenals academy and the nothing cups he was selected for did nothing when he started playing regularly in the league. Had the skill but did not have the experience to make the right decisions. If he had stayed at Southampton for a few more years he would of had 100 professional games by the time he was 19. I think going to Arsenal set his career back by at least 3 years.
Oteh on 11:10 - Sep 6 with 925 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oteh on 08:16 - Sep 6 by smegma

Did you know Besiktas means 'Evil' in Turkish?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Oteh on 11:20 - Sep 6 with 914 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oteh on 11:10 - Sep 6 by isawqpratwcity

I did not. Chelsea means evil in English.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oteh on 14:12 - Sep 6 with 832 viewsfrancisbowles

Oteh on 11:10 - Sep 6 by isawqpratwcity

WUM
Oteh on 14:59 - Sep 6 with 807 views00calben

Oteh on 12:22 - Sep 5 by rsonist

Well said, Brian.

People seem to (all of a sudden) be arguing that loaning players out for first team football isn't youth development, or that having a balanced squad into which we gradually integrate kids isn't optimal. Kakay has not been discarded or bombed out or whatever other histrionic distortion and it's already hard to argue that in the long term he won't be better for working with Rangel and not having the full weight of the shirt on him while Furs is out.

Agreed, and I'd actually really like to see OK loaned out in Jan when Furs is back, assuming Rangel's contract extended to the end of the season.

Assuming OK makes a good few more appearances between now and Jan, he'll be an attractive loan signing for a League 1 side and would hopefully therefore get a good 15/20 games under his belt in the second half of the season.

He'd then be in a far better position to push for that RB spot next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024