Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? 19:21 - Sep 29 with 7883 viewsbosh67

He was a good coach. When not having to make match decisions or deal with players as individuals. That's why he worked as a number 2. Does Eustace do anything? Did fantastically well as a manager in his first job, but seemingly not much impact as a number 2. Have we missed a trick with him?

McClaren seems to have absolutely no man management skills and the team are and will continue to suffer as a consequence. Was he wrong to bring in the players he did? Not really. But Warnock found a balance between youth and experience and this guy doesn't seem to have a clue how to do that and is p*ssing off everyone. The sentence below says it all for me.

"Games are won by sticking the ball in the back of the net and we didn’t do that." - STEVE MCCLAREN

Really? God, you know, I've been following this game for 45 years and hallelujah you've helped me see the light. That's why they pay you the big bucks I guess and shmucks like me nothing.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 01:23 - Oct 2 with 923 viewstimcocking

He lost the dressing room in week 1 the day he picked a mediocre foreigner who'd never played in England for QPR as captain, therefore insulting the entire squad. That just isn't something which would ever have been permissable in any football team i've ever known.

Is it possible Chelsea or Brentford are secretly paying Steve McClaren to fcuk us up on purpose? It's the only way i can think of to explain what's been happening..
Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 04:20 - Oct 2 with 861 viewsHooparoo

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 01:23 - Oct 2 by timcocking

He lost the dressing room in week 1 the day he picked a mediocre foreigner who'd never played in England for QPR as captain, therefore insulting the entire squad. That just isn't something which would ever have been permissable in any football team i've ever known.

Is it possible Chelsea or Brentford are secretly paying Steve McClaren to fcuk us up on purpose? It's the only way i can think of to explain what's been happening..

+1

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 08:41 - Oct 2 with 717 viewscaliforniahoop

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 00:04 - Oct 2 by Loftgirl

I think he is a No. 2, in more ways than one.

😂😂, I hear ya, and old head next to him, Gerry Francis would be a shout?
Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 08:53 - Oct 2 with 694 viewsPinnerPaul

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 18:44 - Oct 1 by PunteR

No idea. As long and as many managers as it takes by the look of it.
Theres always a manager looking for a new job. Despite the transfer embargo in Jan i think we've got enough players in the squad for any manager worth his salt to get a decent competetive starting 11 together. Didnt luongo make the most tackles in the league last season or something along those lines?. Didnt Freeman make the most assists? I might be completely wrong but we were the form team last month(or was it the month before?). We've got potential is what im trying to say.
Bottom line about MacClaren is he was supposed to be an improvement on Ollie and he's not. He's got zero credits with the fans and he's obviously unravelling all the work of thhe previous regime.
As much as you want to defend him Pinner your on a hiding to nothing as we all know he'll be gone soon.

'As many managers as it takes'

Rather than defending the man per se, I'm trying to point out the madness and futility of THAT sentiment.
Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 08:57 - Oct 2 with 689 viewsR_from_afar

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 17:20 - Oct 1 by PunteR

When we get a decent manager that can get our team to play decent football.

I too want a decent manager but we usually take a financial hit every time we change. For that reason, and because we don't want to hire and fire so often that no one (players or coaching staff) wants to come to the club, we need to have at least a bit of patience each time a new manager or coach arrives.

On the Francis front, I bumped into an ex-player who is good friends with Gerry and he said that Gerry was not up for managing any more. I don't know if that is true or whether he would perhaps consider some sort of role, perhaps even DoF.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 09:08 - Oct 2 with 673 viewsTheChef

Has McClaren already lost the dressing room? on 17:02 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

Except when he won Boro's only major trophy and got them to a European final and their highest finish before or since in the PL.

Also got Derby closer to the PL than anyone else.

But its nothing knew - sure I remember you defending IH against accusations of losing the dressing room.

Its so boring, predictable and it will be the same, whoever we bring in - even Saint Warnock. Although how anyone can look forward to that the way Cradiff are playing is beyond me. He also can't even find room for the world's greatest goalkeeper EVER! (Irony alert there) on the bench.

Its depressing - I'm off for a stroll!

This all makes for depressing reading but as PP points out pretty much every manager we've had seemingly can't do anything right, even Warnock. I've got to the point where I think I will just have to accept that every manager will make bizarre decisions that seem to contradict common sense.

Very annoying that McLaren picked that side at Blackpool (but then he's not been the first) followed up a beating at Swansea which I think most people would have expected, especially with a CB pairing of Lynch and Baptiste.

I mean this is the Championship, we win some, we lose some, one minute the manager has to go, the next he's doing an OK job. Who knows, we might beat a crap Reading team tonight and go on another winning run again. Then again, we might not!

Football, innit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024