Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mighty Joe Lumley 01:52 - Nov 11 with 1738 viewstimcocking

Deserves another thread of his own. I find myself watching him more than anything else. He and Alex Smithies are the two most nonchalant looking 'keepers i've ever known. Looks like he's an England Keeper playing in the park with kids the way he walks around. Makes it look so easy, such a calm persona, more so even than Alex perhaps. He plays like he knows something we don't. Bad mistake for the first goal, should have pushed that wide, but a superb recovery. He eats those motherfcuking crosses for breakfast. Overjoyed with Joe so far this season. Losing Alex was horrible, i loved the way he carried himself, old school class. Never imagined i could like another goal keeper as much as i liked Alex Smithies. I think people are underestimating how well he's done precisely because he's made it look so easy. Good goalkeepers do that. Got to love the fact he wasn't afraid to talk about getting in the England squad. He shouldn't afraid. He's far better than Rob 'comfortably the best 'keeper at the club' Green ever was.

Joe, i've got my fingers crossed for you buddy, so far you're a hero of mine.

Ps Having just watched Joe's interview on the offie, how refreshing to see a player who isn't scared being in front of a camera. More words from him than a dozen interviews with most players. Obviously a self-confident fella. Great interview. You want to get him on the podcast asap...

I smiled when he said they have the huddle and Toni Leistner usually speaks and they try not to laugh at what he says. I used to play for a team with a German captain, and Markus used to love that kind of thing and all the British lads would be chuckling away. It was always nice, though. Made you feel a bit more appreciated i suppose.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 3:29]
Mighty Joe Lumley on 08:53 - Nov 11 with 1419 viewsmcqpr10

Really confident young man. Looks like he absolutely loves being out there. He will make mistakes as all young keepers do but very good signs. Let’s not hype him too much though, needs time.
Mighty Joe Lumley on 09:12 - Nov 11 with 1351 viewss1cRanger

Celebrates every goal by running around and going mental :) LOVE IT! Especially in front of the opposition supporters!

Keep it up Joe! Definitely up there with Eze as my favourite players at the club currently.
Mighty Joe Lumley on 09:36 - Nov 11 with 1268 viewsDannyPaddox

To describe the way he gets down to low shots to block the goal the Italians are calling him Il Paraspifferi (al Lmone). The lemon draft-excluder.

Mighty Joe Lumley on 09:55 - Nov 11 with 1190 viewsrobith

A couple of faults in his game (kicking and he should have done better on both goals yesterday) but he's young and improving all the time - and most importantly living his best life. Got a lot of time for him.
Mighty Joe Lumley on 10:27 - Nov 11 with 1108 viewstraininvain

Great to see two of our youngsters thriving in the first team.

Seeing Lumley and Eze start ever game makes this purple patch all the more enjoyable.

When was the last time we had one youngster regularly playing let alone two?
Mighty Joe Lumley on 10:44 - Nov 11 with 1068 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He was at fault for both goals yesterday but kept his head very well. After the first one he turned to the Loft and gestured at them to keep singing. Dealt with everything else in the game very well but those two goals were poor and it must count as a bad day for him.

He’ll have plenty good ones. Great attitude.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 10:45]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mighty Joe Lumley on 11:53 - Nov 11 with 919 viewsPikey

Little bit old school too. Nice to see him on the central line at white city after the game chatting to fans . Took me back a few years when we regularly saw players on London transport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024