Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit 00:47 - Nov 28 with 8852 viewsbigness2017

Sorry but it had to be said, the title of this thread sums up tonight’s performance perfectly.
Keith Hill - why the hell does he keep changing the team and the starting lineup was a very bad choice hence the early goals we conceded.
Wilbraham - was awful tonight! no ball control, hardly won anything in the air, gave the ball away too many times
Defence- shocking! Backed off every time Oxford came forward, no defenders even attempted to clear the ball on corners and set pieces and Lillis dropped the ball once again giving away the 1st goal.

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 08:32 - Nov 29 with 2713 viewsTVOS1907

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 07:52 - Nov 29 by Knowlesy

I don't know. I certainly won't be showing up and binning £20 to see that shower. Having a season ticket works nicely at times when your love for the club is waning as it's money already spent, but with a tight Christmas coming up, that's £20 that isn't going to the club.

The prices have been reduced. It’s £12 on the Sandy and in Pearl Street.

Point is, there will probably be around 2000-2300 home fans, which there would have been regardless of Tuesday’s result, as opposed to the 2,700 home fans we are getting for league games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 09:54 - Nov 29 with 2612 viewsdawlishdale

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 08:32 - Nov 29 by TVOS1907

Point is, there will probably be around 2000-2300 home fans, which there would have been regardless of Tuesday’s result, as opposed to the 2,700 home fans we are getting for league games.

I'll be there, but quite a few regular supporters who sit near me have said that they won't be going. This is a direct response to Hills constant moans at the fans over a couple of seasons plus his absolutely random team selections.

I reckon we could be looking at 3-400 less fans coming than would have been the case had he not buggered about with the team so much lately, and also had he not been so bloody quick to moan at the fans. He goes on about negativity, but he is the most negative person in the ground and people are sick and tired of it.

A strong Chairman would have sorted this out years ago. Unfortunately, our Chairman seems so far remote from the day to day goings on that I worry for him. I genuinely hope he is ok, but do start to wonder.

Basically, when DDB has a pop at Hilly, you know that things are bad. Really bad.
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 10:05 - Nov 29 with 2602 viewsTVOS1907

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 09:54 - Nov 29 by dawlishdale

I'll be there, but quite a few regular supporters who sit near me have said that they won't be going. This is a direct response to Hills constant moans at the fans over a couple of seasons plus his absolutely random team selections.

I reckon we could be looking at 3-400 less fans coming than would have been the case had he not buggered about with the team so much lately, and also had he not been so bloody quick to moan at the fans. He goes on about negativity, but he is the most negative person in the ground and people are sick and tired of it.

A strong Chairman would have sorted this out years ago. Unfortunately, our Chairman seems so far remote from the day to day goings on that I worry for him. I genuinely hope he is ok, but do start to wonder.

Basically, when DDB has a pop at Hilly, you know that things are bad. Really bad.

I tend to agree, but even when things have been bad before, we can usually guarantee around 2000 Dale fans turning up, which was the point I was trying to make to James.

Our crowds have been fairly consistent for home FA Cup ties, unless we're playing Spurs, Leeds, Forest, etc.

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 10:59 - Nov 29 with 2536 viewsJames1980

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 10:05 - Nov 29 by TVOS1907

I tend to agree, but even when things have been bad before, we can usually guarantee around 2000 Dale fans turning up, which was the point I was trying to make to James.

Our crowds have been fairly consistent for home FA Cup ties, unless we're playing Spurs, Leeds, Forest, etc.

My most recent comments about numbers on Saturday were in response to a claim Hill gets 10% of gate sales. Which from the replies expect is a load of spherical objects. But if it were true he would be trying to increase the numbers through the turnstiles, whereas the consensus is recent activities are likely put off the swing voter whether they amount to 1 or 1000.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 11:18 - Nov 29 with 2517 viewsParkinsGimp

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 20:24 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

A % of gate receipts for a manager is a new one,wheres the facts behind that?

Just a vicious rumour Norden ...but it does shed light on our illustrious leaders change in perspective regarding cup games , when he started he didnt give a monkeys , now we seem much more on the ball ( barring Gatehead LOL , but that may be a consequence of losing the plot generally).
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 12:33 - Nov 29 with 2416 viewsrochdaleriddler

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 22:23 - Nov 28 by DaleiLama

The real world of football? Shine a chuffing light. Ya think they had this before the Sheik shook his money tree? Real? Obscene if you ask me.

Yes the amount of money spent is ridiculous, but they are also facilities for the local community, and the area has been massively regenerated. Back in the day there were always people in the Sandy , listening to reports from utd and city games. As jimmy wagg says ‘it was ever thus’

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 12:48 - Nov 29 with 2385 viewsMoonyDale

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 07:52 - Nov 29 by Knowlesy

I don't know. I certainly won't be showing up and binning £20 to see that shower. Having a season ticket works nicely at times when your love for the club is waning as it's money already spent, but with a tight Christmas coming up, that's £20 that isn't going to the club.

I'll be giving it a miss also, even with prices reduced I've seen enough of Hills pick the team out of a hat antics to be bothered anymore.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 13:09 - Nov 29 with 2346 viewsrochdale_ranger

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 12:33 - Nov 29 by rochdaleriddler

Yes the amount of money spent is ridiculous, but they are also facilities for the local community, and the area has been massively regenerated. Back in the day there were always people in the Sandy , listening to reports from utd and city games. As jimmy wagg says ‘it was ever thus’

Are you a bit of s closet blue on the quiet mr riddler?
Login to get fewer ads

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 22:10 - Nov 29 with 2140 viewsrochdaleriddler

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 13:09 - Nov 29 by rochdale_ranger

Are you a bit of s closet blue on the quiet mr riddler?

I used to go to a few games back in the 80’s when I worked in Manchester . Also a few this century as I used to get free/ cheap tickets. So I’m not really a glory hunter, i do like to watch them on tv, fantastic team.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 22:18 - Nov 29 with 2120 viewsrochdale_ranger

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 22:10 - Nov 29 by rochdaleriddler

I used to go to a few games back in the 80’s when I worked in Manchester . Also a few this century as I used to get free/ cheap tickets. So I’m not really a glory hunter, i do like to watch them on tv, fantastic team.

Nowt wrong with that and they do play great stuff. I actually liked them when they first won the league the season they stuffed Utd 6-2. But as of late their fans have gone right up themselves so I would probably put them in the same bracket as Utd or Chelski.
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 09:51 - Nov 30 with 2010 viewsBarryStrange

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 07:28 - Nov 29 by nordenblue

Absolutely, it's hilarious how evryone mentions the Arab money, when it's the yanks throwing around massive transfer fees it's perfectly fine,Liverpool fans are the best with the "buying the league" something that's very new and nothing that clubs like Blackburn did years ago, whilst sitting there with the most expensive keeper and defender!! Quality

Always annoys me when Blackburn get criticised for "buying the league". Since to win it they beat United to it who broke the British transfer record to sign Andy Cole halfway through the season.

The same United that go on about City's money yet spend an obscene amount themselves, whose success was based in the 00s on very expensive purchases from the first teams of rivals such as British transfer record Rio Ferdinand, the huge contracts given to the likes of Rooney to keep them in England etc.

City fans are becoming the same smug, entitled bunch that they sing about United being. But as someone who went to school in the 90s surrounded by plastic Reds, patronising everyone else including City, I'm OK with United fans having to watch someone else win stuff for a while yet.
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 15:50 - Dec 2 with 1817 viewsKnowlesy

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 08:32 - Nov 29 by TVOS1907

Fewer than 2000 home fans there today, even with reduced entry.
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 16:32 - Dec 2 with 1677 viewsTVOS1907

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 15:50 - Dec 2 by Knowlesy

Fewer than 2000 home fans there today, even with reduced entry.

Yep, so just slightly lower than the 2000-2300 predicted.

Like I said, our FA Cup home crowds tend to be fairly consistent, unless we're playing a big tie.

They certainly don't drop off by as much as some other clubs' crowds do. Charlton had about 3500 yesterday, for example.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 16:34]

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 16:50 - Dec 2 with 1631 viewsMancDale

Smaller crowd but in general a better atmosphere. Wonder if the two things could be related somehow...
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 17:23 - Dec 2 with 1573 viewsDaleiLama

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 16:50 - Dec 2 by MancDale

Smaller crowd but in general a better atmosphere. Wonder if the two things could be related somehow...

Suspect more to do with the "sudden-death" factor Manc?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 17:27 - Dec 2 with 1554 viewsMancDale

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 17:23 - Dec 2 by DaleiLama

Suspect more to do with the "sudden-death" factor Manc?

Yes possibly although the more cynical part of me thinks that many of the usual sandy lane boo boys were absent today.
Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 17:31 - Dec 2 with 1532 viewsrochdaleriddler

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 17:27 - Dec 2 by MancDale

Yes possibly although the more cynical part of me thinks that many of the usual sandy lane boo boys were absent today.

There were more regulars in the Sandy than pearl st, hardly anyone in there, could have fit them in the main stand. The atmosphere was better though, agree

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 20:40 - Dec 2 with 1388 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Manager is shit, Wilbraham is shit and defence including goal keeper is shit on 17:31 - Dec 2 by rochdaleriddler

There were more regulars in the Sandy than pearl st, hardly anyone in there, could have fit them in the main stand. The atmosphere was better though, agree

Always gutted to go out of the Cup particularly in the manner we did today....we'll miss the loot generated. I thought it was a good game and we did our bit.

Last chance of a bit more money on Wednesday, hope we go for it with a strong team like today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024