Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan 10:12 - Jan 4 with 18234 viewsColDale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/01/meeting-at-the-club-3rd-jan/

Just to add that there was nothing that could not be brought up. It was an very open and honest meeting as I wrote, and I think I brought up most of the issues / concerns from here over the last few days. If I've not covered it, it was down to time constraints (meeting took close to 2 hrs) and should not be seen as being evidence of proof, so apologies to the Biggins Conspiracists.
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:09 - Jan 4 with 2052 viewsD_Alien

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 13:54 - Jan 4 by Cleedale

Hi dawlish,

That might have something to do with who pays for the Police. From memory, might be wrong, the club pay for any presence in the ground and the Council Tax payer for outside.

Therefore could be ticky-box stuff. If Police have not been requested inside the ground they might not enter (ridiculous hey) because they're only (mainly) working in a public place and therefore funded by CT.

Interesting though, would they have entered if it was obvious that there really had been serious injuries? (Not doubting your original concerns btw).

Isn't there a police presence in the ground at all times - in the box between the main stand and Pearl St? They'd have a perfect view of what was happening and should've made a decision to deploy those from outside much more quickly - otherwise what are they there for? There are financial reasons behind having stewards as the first line of defence against troublemakers, but as soon as there's any danger to the public that should be the last thing on anyone's mind

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 2032 viewsjudd

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:09 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

Isn't there a police presence in the ground at all times - in the box between the main stand and Pearl St? They'd have a perfect view of what was happening and should've made a decision to deploy those from outside much more quickly - otherwise what are they there for? There are financial reasons behind having stewards as the first line of defence against troublemakers, but as soon as there's any danger to the public that should be the last thing on anyone's mind

Only during games, I think.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 2022 viewsD_Alien

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:13 - Jan 4 by judd

Only during games, I think.

So what are the bunk beds for then?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 14:16]

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:14 - Jan 4 with 2016 viewsjudd

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:13 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

So what are the bunk beds for then?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 14:16]

Bunks?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:15 - Jan 4 with 1999 viewsD_Alien

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:14 - Jan 4 by judd

Bunks?

Probably. Just hope there's no pulling rank

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:33 - Jan 4 with 1928 viewsdawlishdale

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 13:54 - Jan 4 by Cleedale

Hi dawlish,

That might have something to do with who pays for the Police. From memory, might be wrong, the club pay for any presence in the ground and the Council Tax payer for outside.

Therefore could be ticky-box stuff. If Police have not been requested inside the ground they might not enter (ridiculous hey) because they're only (mainly) working in a public place and therefore funded by CT.

Interesting though, would they have entered if it was obvious that there really had been serious injuries? (Not doubting your original concerns btw).

Thanks Cleedale.

I'm pretty much certain that we only pay for the Police if they are called into the ground, which I suppose was my original point. Why were they not called in?

If it was an attempt by the club (GSO or CEO) to save a few £'s , then it was imho, a very bad judgement call, and one that must not go unquestioned.
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:35 - Jan 4 with 1913 viewsnordenblue

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 11:41 - Jan 4 by electricblue

That finally puts to bed all the dross that as been put on this forum in the past few weeks...

Thank you Mr Bottomley..

Not quite, firstly thanks Col for the time and effort in writing the things down that have been spoke about, if folk want to take the CEOs comments at face value then all the best to them,for me they are just bog standard responses what you'd expect him to say and just what he'd want the fans to know too to attempt to smooth things over. He's hardly going to tell everyone publicly the full story and judging from comments on here recently it sounds like he's got enough things to hide himself before we even get to the reasons behind the resignation of CD, wouldn't trust him(Bottomley) as far as I could throw him..
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:50 - Jan 4 with 1865 viewsalderleydale

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:35 - Jan 4 by nordenblue

Not quite, firstly thanks Col for the time and effort in writing the things down that have been spoke about, if folk want to take the CEOs comments at face value then all the best to them,for me they are just bog standard responses what you'd expect him to say and just what he'd want the fans to know too to attempt to smooth things over. He's hardly going to tell everyone publicly the full story and judging from comments on here recently it sounds like he's got enough things to hide himself before we even get to the reasons behind the resignation of CD, wouldn't trust him(Bottomley) as far as I could throw him..

Absolutely correct Norden.

Unfortunately that makes you a troublemaker in the eye`s of some on here

But I`m certain you can live with that
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 14:52]
Login to get fewer ads

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:53 - Jan 4 with 1850 viewssweetcorn

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 11:30 - Jan 4 by dawlishdale

The first question I'd have asked regarding the trouble vs Bradford; is why on Earth did the CEO and the GSO not get the police involved. It went on for a good 20 minutes, and the stewards clearly couldn't cope.
On the way out of the ground (as Bradford scored their 4th goal) there were several dozen police officers immediately outside the Willbutts, and they could have been inside the ground in seconds if authorised.

We got very lucky here...it could have resulted in serious injuries or worse.

It’d have cost the CEO a fortune calling for the police from France..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:55 - Jan 4 with 1843 viewsfitzochris

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:53 - Jan 4 by sweetcorn

It Disney matter.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:57 - Jan 4 with 1828 viewsColDale

He was at the game
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:09 - Jan 4 with 1776 viewsdawlishdale

I spoke to him before the game???
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:11 - Jan 4 with 1765 viewsDaleiLama

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:55 - Jan 4 by fitzochris

It Disney matter.

Sad to see you losing your Dale accent Chris!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:11 - Jan 4 with 1763 viewssweetcorn

Sorry i was just getting in the spirit of the forum this week and making stuff up and seeing if it stuck. Thats whats been going on all week isnt it?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:11 - Jan 4 with 1760 viewsfitzochris

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:11 - Jan 4 by DaleiLama

Sad to see you losing your Dale accent Chris!

I know. It's taking the Micky now.

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:12 - Jan 4 with 1758 viewsdawlishdale

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:11 - Jan 4 by sweetcorn

Sorry i was just getting in the spirit of the forum this week and making stuff up and seeing if it stuck. Thats whats been going on all week isnt it?

No
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:25 - Jan 4 with 1702 viewsDaleiLama

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:11 - Jan 4 by fitzochris

I know. It's taking the Micky now.

I would expect better from a lad in Scotland!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:33 - Jan 4 with 1681 viewsfitzochris

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:25 - Jan 4 by DaleiLama

I would expect better from a lad in Scotland!

Me accent's 'eld up well, akchewly.

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:43 - Jan 4 with 1641 viewsD_Alien

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:50 - Jan 4 by alderleydale

If, by any chance, you're referring to my point about troublemakers, you're about as far off the mark with regard to nordenblue's post as could be, which surprises me not...

And you don't have to surmise about his ability to "live with that" - i know first hand that nb can, since we regularly exchange our good wishes off-board

Try again...

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:46 - Jan 4 with 1624 viewsnordenblue

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 14:50 - Jan 4 by alderleydale

Thats perfectly fine with me as long as folk know my stand when the shit(truth) does eventually start to dribble out the very same folk will be wondering why they never questioned things a little bit more.

Anyway im bored of it all tbh, i'll let everyone settle back down and get their tummies tickled by the powers that be, if the very same thing was happening on t"other side of Heywood we'd be all over it on this forum.... many here sadly are just as gullible
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:57 - Jan 4 with 1584 viewsalderleydale

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:43 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

If, by any chance, you're referring to my point about troublemakers, you're about as far off the mark with regard to nordenblue's post as could be, which surprises me not...

And you don't have to surmise about his ability to "live with that" - i know first hand that nb can, since we regularly exchange our good wishes off-board

Try again...

Well done on keeping things at a civil level

No reference to faeces, that's a vast improvement for you

There you go I`ve set you up, its an open goal
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 16:00 - Jan 4 with 1565 viewsroccydaleian

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:46 - Jan 4 by nordenblue

Thats perfectly fine with me as long as folk know my stand when the shit(truth) does eventually start to dribble out the very same folk will be wondering why they never questioned things a little bit more.

Anyway im bored of it all tbh, i'll let everyone settle back down and get their tummies tickled by the powers that be, if the very same thing was happening on t"other side of Heywood we'd be all over it on this forum.... many here sadly are just as gullible

Well any shit could happen now, and you could claim that you knew what was happening.
Why don't you post what you know and if what you say is true, you can claim some credibility.
Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 16:11 - Jan 4 with 1511 viewsfitzochris

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 16:00 - Jan 4 by roccydaleian

Well any shit could happen now, and you could claim that you knew what was happening.
Why don't you post what you know and if what you say is true, you can claim some credibility.

Could I suggest he doesn’t do that? Only to protect himself and the messageboard from any potential action, should what he say be seen as defamatory.

We’ve all got one kind of beef or another at the present time. It may be best to suppress them on this forum for the time being. Let’s be honest here, not one of us who are regular posters wants bad for the football club. Nobody is doing anything with intentions other than those they think are for the long-term best. Above all, nobody on here is making anything up — it is coming from somewhere.

Three points tomorrow will see us 13th and provide a big psychological boost. Defeat? Well, that’s not worth thinking about. So I’m going to focus on that now. There's even time for incomings or outgoings.

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 16:16 - Jan 4 with 1475 viewsD_Alien

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 15:57 - Jan 4 by alderleydale

Well done on keeping things at a civil level

No reference to faeces, that's a vast improvement for you

There you go I`ve set you up, its an open goal

The only open goal here is the one you vacated, by making the pretty rubbish assumption that i'm not someone who questions what's put out by the club

And btw, civility comes in many different forms, as does the lack of it... "pal"

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 16:23 - Jan 4 with 1437 viewsalderleydale

Meeting at the club 3rd Jan on 16:16 - Jan 4 by D_Alien

The only open goal here is the one you vacated, by making the pretty rubbish assumption that i'm not someone who questions what's put out by the club

And btw, civility comes in many different forms, as does the lack of it... "pal"

Civility..... This from the man who told fellow posters and I quote

To go and eat shit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024