Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 206537 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:58 - Mar 13 with 1869 viewsstevec

There needs to be a general election. No one wants one but sadly we need one.

Oust May pronto, get a Leave PM, fill the cabinet with leavers, then pit a Leave campaign from the Tories against a Remain campaign from Labour. Farage will stand aside in that scenario leaving the Tories against a split Labour party.

London and Liverpool will be choc full of Labour seats and practically all the rest of the country Tory. Wouldn't be surprised if the Scot Nats got a bloody nose out of it as well.

All the dissenters in the Tories will come to heel when they know Corbyn is the only other choice.

They can then do what they should have done 3 years ago, told the EU they're not getting a penny out of us and we're going to WTO rules unless they come up with a decent trade deal. They'll come round.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:01 - Mar 13 with 1861 viewsGloryHunter

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:41 - Mar 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

But they (remain) did not win the vote and leavers now have every right to protest, it's not moaning or bitching it's standing by the result of the referendum.

It is to the shame of remain to be enjoying the collapse of democracy trying to win by default.
But clearly, Remain don't care about that, better to be the EU's subordinates
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 9:58]

The UK is not the EU's subordinate - it is one of the main players. The single market itself was Maggie Thatcher's idea, and she pushed it through, against condiderable opposition at home and from other EU states.

And why does wanting to hold a vote indicate "the collapse of democracy"?
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:07 - Mar 13 with 1839 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:01 - Mar 13 by GloryHunter

The UK is not the EU's subordinate - it is one of the main players. The single market itself was Maggie Thatcher's idea, and she pushed it through, against condiderable opposition at home and from other EU states.

Feck me if I have to explain it at this stage it clearly shows how ill-informed and blinkered you are.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:16 - Mar 13 with 1806 viewscolinallcars

I think at this point it's worth reminding people that the referendum was “advisory”
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 1775 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:16 - Mar 13 by colinallcars

I think at this point it's worth reminding people that the referendum was “advisory”

All Mp's from all sides and the PM voted for the referendum and for A50
Before the referendum, they made it clear they would implement ( into effect) the result, A once in a lifetime, not we will do it again in a few years

This "advisory" is bolx as an excuse and has been superseded by the vote for A50.

The result of the referendum has also been written into law to have another referendum they would have to rescind that law, that's not so easy to do, as Leaves would vote against it for one.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:31]

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 1776 viewstraininvain

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:58 - Mar 13 by stevec

There needs to be a general election. No one wants one but sadly we need one.

Oust May pronto, get a Leave PM, fill the cabinet with leavers, then pit a Leave campaign from the Tories against a Remain campaign from Labour. Farage will stand aside in that scenario leaving the Tories against a split Labour party.

London and Liverpool will be choc full of Labour seats and practically all the rest of the country Tory. Wouldn't be surprised if the Scot Nats got a bloody nose out of it as well.

All the dissenters in the Tories will come to heel when they know Corbyn is the only other choice.

They can then do what they should have done 3 years ago, told the EU they're not getting a penny out of us and we're going to WTO rules unless they come up with a decent trade deal. They'll come round.

One problem with this scenario, Corbyn wouldn't run a Remain campaign in a million years.

So we'd more than likely end up without a majority government, again. Both parties are split on Brexit. The issue is so divisive.

We're heading for a 2nd referendum and even that would be a complete sh1t show. No winners.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:29 - Mar 13 with 1764 viewsGloryHunter

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:07 - Mar 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Feck me if I have to explain it at this stage it clearly shows how ill-informed and blinkered you are.

Voting is democratic. Denying people the right to vote is anti-democratic.

For example, the Nazis were voted into power in Germany in 1933, and then abolished elections, so that they couldn't be voted out again. Now, that was a collapse of democracy.

Please try not to insult posters who have different views to your own - it suggests that you cannot debate issues without losing your temper.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:29 - Mar 13 with 1763 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:24 - Mar 13 by traininvain

Most the whining seems to be coming from the ‘leavers’ looking at this thread.

And I’ve not seen any ‘remainers’ threaten civil unrest if they don’t get their way. All a bit embarrassing.

The reason remainers are not whining as you put it is because they have won. They don't have to threaten anything if they don't get their way because they have got their way.
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:33 - Mar 13 with 1752 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:29 - Mar 13 by GloryHunter

Voting is democratic. Denying people the right to vote is anti-democratic.

For example, the Nazis were voted into power in Germany in 1933, and then abolished elections, so that they couldn't be voted out again. Now, that was a collapse of democracy.

Please try not to insult posters who have different views to your own - it suggests that you cannot debate issues without losing your temper.

You have been insulting leavers from the start as have many remainers, and still doing it

I've not lost my temper Yet. if you are intimidated it's because you are weak. go have a lay down and get someone to make you a sweet weak tea.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:36]

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:34 - Mar 13 with 1749 viewstraininvain

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:29 - Mar 13 by QPR_John

The reason remainers are not whining as you put it is because they have won. They don't have to threaten anything if they don't get their way because they have got their way.

What exactly have they won?

Nothing has been settled and there's still every chance that Brexit will happen.

It's this sort of reaction that suggests petulance and a lack of emotional intelligence.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:37 - Mar 13 with 1738 viewsloftboy

Another interesting point, all 27 members have to agree to an extension, just one of them say no and we are out in 16 days with no deal, would only take Greece who has been royally screwed by the EU and that would be that.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:38 - Mar 13 with 1736 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:16 - Mar 13 by colinallcars

Then why did not MPs simply vote to ignore the referendum. That would be simpler than what is going on now and save us the farce of the last three years where parliament pretended to accept the vote while planning to ignore it. This whole process has shown if we needed showing how dishonest most politicians.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:42 - Mar 13 with 1721 viewsNorthernr

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:33 - Mar 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You have been insulting leavers from the start as have many remainers, and still doing it

I've not lost my temper Yet. if you are intimidated it's because you are weak. go have a lay down and get someone to make you a sweet weak tea.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:36]

*moderator's hat on* Stop being a knob.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:43 - Mar 13 with 1714 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:37 - Mar 13 by loftboy

Another interesting point, all 27 members have to agree to an extension, just one of them say no and we are out in 16 days with no deal, would only take Greece who has been royally screwed by the EU and that would be that.

They are so fecked by the EU due to the loans, so will be blackmailed into voting with the EU

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:48 - Mar 13 with 1686 viewsloftboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:43 - Mar 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

They are so fecked by the EU due to the loans, so will be blackmailed into voting with the EU

When I visit Rhodes the majority of bars and restaurants insist on cash so they don’t have to pay tax because they don’t want it going to the governments loan repayments.

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:50 - Mar 13 with 1683 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:34 - Mar 13 by traininvain

What exactly have they won?

Nothing has been settled and there's still every chance that Brexit will happen.

It's this sort of reaction that suggests petulance and a lack of emotional intelligence.

Do you really think we are leaving on 29th March. Any delay that ends before the European elections would be too short so we enter those elections. So in reality we are talking about next December. The delay will be at least one year of course by then no deal will have been taken off the table so MPs will again vote against any deal. And we go on and go on so the only logical outcome is to end the whole affair by staying
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:01 - Mar 13 with 1665 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:42 - Mar 13 by Northernr

*moderator's hat on* Stop being a knob.

How are your tea making skills

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:12 - Mar 13 with 1636 viewstraininvain

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:50 - Mar 13 by QPR_John

Do you really think we are leaving on 29th March. Any delay that ends before the European elections would be too short so we enter those elections. So in reality we are talking about next December. The delay will be at least one year of course by then no deal will have been taken off the table so MPs will again vote against any deal. And we go on and go on so the only logical outcome is to end the whole affair by staying

That's quite a leap. Let's see what happens.
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:19 - Mar 13 with 1617 viewsflynnbo

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:48 - Mar 13 by loftboy

When I visit Rhodes the majority of bars and restaurants insist on cash so they don’t have to pay tax because they don’t want it going to the governments loan repayments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47547065
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:20 - Mar 13 with 1615 viewsplasmahoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:57 - Mar 13 by CFW

Ask yourself a simple question - if the deal on the table is such a good and only deal why has it been voted down by such huge margins. The answer is simple - it is a bad, one sided deal that would be bad for the country. I think there is wiggle room from both Rees Mogg and Johnson but agreeing the current deal is not an option for them along with a large number of other people.

The question I would ask is why nobody has come up with anything better. Sometimes you need to be pragmatic and compromise. Are we going to get anything better? They've had two years to come up with something and I haven't heard it
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:21 - Mar 13 with 1608 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:48 - Mar 13 by loftboy

bars and restaurants owners don't get to vote on it sadly.

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:23 - Mar 13 with 1602 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:20 - Mar 13 by plasmahoop

The question I would ask is why nobody has come up with anything better. Sometimes you need to be pragmatic and compromise. Are we going to get anything better? They've had two years to come up with something and I haven't heard it

Mp's are not going to come up with anything else to leave, they 500 odd, want to stay.

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:30 - Mar 13 with 1585 viewsloftboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:19 - Mar 13 by flynnbo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47547065

Good news for them, but a couple of sentences in that still point to a country being under EU house arrest.

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:19 - Mar 13 with 1464 viewsrunningman75

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6803115/What-No-Deal-Brexit-tariffs-rea

A no deal brexit adding 30 pence to a slice of gouda. Am off to stockpile my fridge. Love European cheeses though the occasional bit of Leicester or Cheddar is nice.
Our country is fckd match thread on 14:26 - Mar 13 with 1447 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:37 - Mar 13 by loftboy

Yes, I am not sure people appreciate this point.
It is all very well our parliament voting out a no deal scenario but we need the EU to sanction any extension and they will want to know why as well.

Such a mess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024