Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Mclaren 18:17 - Jan 19 with 2775 viewsmacclesfieldman

Steve Mc has done a great job at QPR so far and deserves all the plaudits he has received.
However, my concern is that he may be too stubborn for his own good.
The team has gone stale and would benefit from changes. Players like Uteh Bright Chair Manning and Smyth deserve to stay in the team when they've done well.
Scowen and Cousins doesn't work. Eze needs a break. Matt Smith is useful to defend a lead late in the game, not at HT with us chasing the game.
I have a lot of faith in SM and hope he leads us through this blip.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Steve Mclaren on 18:29 - Jan 19 with 2691 viewstoboboly

The return of the short goal kick is a case in point. Fcking Dutch it and start playing properly again

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Steve Mclaren on 20:39 - Jan 19 with 2425 viewsEsox_Lucius

Steve Mclaren on 18:29 - Jan 19 by toboboly

The return of the short goal kick is a case in point. Fcking Dutch it and start playing properly again

The trouble with that is the long goal kick was always to the right hand touchline and the PNE centreback just moved over for it and won it comfortably before heading back into the middle of the pitch.
The whole performance today was right out of the annals from last season. Time to put it behind us as supporters and move on to the next one.

The grass is always greener.

Steve Mclaren on 21:06 - Jan 19 with 2371 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Players like Uteh Bright Chair Manning and Smyth deserve to stay in the team when they've done well."

Which five players would you drop for them?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Steve Mclaren on 21:54 - Jan 19 with 2268 viewsdaveB

in fairness to McClaren he has not been stubborn at all, he has made massive changes from what he did at the start of the season and hasn't be afraid of ripping it up and starting again, not sure today needs to provoke anything that drastic, just thought they played very well and we were crap.
Steve Mclaren on 21:59 - Jan 19 with 2254 viewsLblock

Why play all five?

We need some freshening up and a message to some that phoning it in as per today aint on.
Manning for Cousins today a no brainer.
I'dve chucked Oteh on ahead of Smith
Alternatively, BOS or Smyth for Eze and move Freeman in there.

We have options, not many, but there are options.
I'm on the players who played this evening but I'd say after a slog to get this far and a tough Christmas some are just in need of the hook and a bit of time getting splinters

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Steve Mclaren on 22:03 - Jan 19 with 2242 viewsdaveB

Steve Mclaren on 20:39 - Jan 19 by Esox_Lucius

The trouble with that is the long goal kick was always to the right hand touchline and the PNE centreback just moved over for it and won it comfortably before heading back into the middle of the pitch.
The whole performance today was right out of the annals from last season. Time to put it behind us as supporters and move on to the next one.

bar the forest game I didn't see any performances as bad as that at home last season
Steve Mclaren on 03:09 - Jan 20 with 2091 viewsmylot50years

Steve Mclaren on 21:59 - Jan 19 by Lblock

Why play all five?

We need some freshening up and a message to some that phoning it in as per today aint on.
Manning for Cousins today a no brainer.
I'dve chucked Oteh on ahead of Smith
Alternatively, BOS or Smyth for Eze and move Freeman in there.

We have options, not many, but there are options.
I'm on the players who played this evening but I'd say after a slog to get this far and a tough Christmas some are just in need of the hook and a bit of time getting splinters

Spot on.
Steve Mclaren on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 1777 viewsRangersw12

Pav is in his run of 5 poor games to his 1 good game so be worth giving BOS or Smyth ago
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Mclaren on 08:20 - Jan 21 with 1551 viewsTheChef

While it would be nice to be thinking of a play off place, this season we're in a decent position to start planning ahead and seeing what the likes of Bright and Oteh are made of. Because given FFP and all the rest we really need to invest in what we have and develop any young talent that is coming through. We're not going to be able to buy the likes of Nakhi Wells any time soon. If I was Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand, that's what I would be leaning on McClaren to do.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Steve Mclaren on 08:40 - Jan 21 with 1522 viewsRblockPrior

I agree he got it wrong against Preston but he has got it right so many times this season he can be let off, I do think Eze needs a rest as to many times this season the game has passed him by, yes he has good moments but we can expect other players to fill in for for the rest of the game. I would like to see a bit more of BOS and Smyth however I expect this weekend we will see the like of Oteh BOS and Smyth all start, maybe through a good performance they can put in a claim to start against Wigan

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Steve Mclaren on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 1457 viewsDorse

There are some pretty compelling arguments to rest players like Eze, Freeman and even Wells. The key to it, I suppose, is not to rest them all at the same time. Oteh for Wells is a no-brainer, as is Smyth / BOS for Wszolek. Chair can do a job in the number 10 slot too. Matt Smith isn't really my preferred option - his play / movement is limited and if he is supposed to be chasing through balls from Eze then we are in a mess.

Manning for Cousins is a good shout too but we will have Luongo back fairly soon and Cameron won't stay crocked forever. We can also call on Hall to play in the covering midfielder position (though it might be foolish to rely on a 5 game burst from him at the moment).

All in all, if the swaps are done sensibly, the squad has just enough cover and it will allow the management to assess the younger players in a competitive match situation rather than 10 min cameos (usually offered 20 mins after they would have been most effective).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024