Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clough Starts 14:06 - Feb 9 with 13640 viewsdale1968

Lonergan
Maclaughlin
Mcnulty
Delaney
EEL
Dooley
Camps
Clough
Hamilton
Hendo
Andrews
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 14:09]

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Clough Starts on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 2727 viewsBobbyjoe

Is Nthle injured?
Clough Starts on 21:59 - Feb 9 with 2665 viewsjudd

Clough Starts on 21:49 - Feb 9 by Bobbyjoe

Is Nthle injured?

Hopefully

Poll: What is it to be then?

Clough Starts on 22:01 - Feb 9 with 2651 viewsnordenblue

Is Nthle injured?

Could you tell?
Clough Starts on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 2622 viewsBobbyjoe

Take that as a "No", then!
Clough Starts on 22:09 - Feb 9 with 2599 viewsJames1980

Is Nthle injured?

Gonna hazard he and Ollie R are both still carrying knocks

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Clough Starts on 23:37 - Feb 9 with 2439 viewsTomRAFC

There was a point today where it felt like we'd given up.

There was a lot of tension between players on the pitch today, culminatng in Bunney yelling at Dooley after the final corner, and Lonergan's anger at being told not to go up for the same corner.

The distant nature of Keith's post match interview has just become silly. Sugar?

Because we've got *clap clap* diabetes.
we've got *clap clap* diabetes.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 23:43]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Clough Starts on 23:47 - Feb 9 with 2421 viewsSaxonDale

Clough Starts on 23:37 - Feb 9 by TomRAFC

There was a point today where it felt like we'd given up.

There was a lot of tension between players on the pitch today, culminatng in Bunney yelling at Dooley after the final corner, and Lonergan's anger at being told not to go up for the same corner.

The distant nature of Keith's post match interview has just become silly. Sugar?

Because we've got *clap clap* diabetes.
we've got *clap clap* diabetes.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 23:43]

‘Lonergan's anger at being told not to go up for the same corner’ How was that anger evident?
Clough Starts on 00:21 - Feb 10 with 2364 viewspioneer

Clough Starts on 21:04 - Feb 9 by judd

I thought I had. I've been patient with what we've endured these past 2 seasons but today was a total insult. An utter abject display on a day the club honoured a real fighter. A day when fans gathered pre match and expected a gutsy, fighting performance. We then got the most pathetic, confused, toothless, careless, thoughtless, talentless and badly managed showing that has really fookin hurt the long suffering fans. Now, go and plan an end of season gala dinner with carriages to celebrate that, you smug prick.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 21:36]

come on, stop holding back. We want to know how you really feel about things. Remember James still has us in with a chance of the play offs.
Login to get fewer ads

Clough Starts on 00:31 - Feb 10 with 2356 viewssweetcorn

Utter turd that today.

I keep saying the same thing, but wtf does camps offer this club on the pitch? He doesn’t excel in any area of being a midfielder.

Henderson was quiet, clough anonymous, calvin needs a rest which lasts indefinitely. I mean if thats how your fromt 3 play what hope is there..

Don’t understand the fanfare of dooley either, he’s got zero end product.

We need Lillis back ASAP so we can get another loanee into the matchday squad, because what we have isn’t good enough.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Clough Starts on 13:51 - Feb 10 with 2011 viewsJames1980

Clough Starts on 00:21 - Feb 10 by pioneer

come on, stop holding back. We want to know how you really feel about things. Remember James still has us in with a chance of the play offs.

Surely it is better to think there is still a chance of a positive end to the season. Than to say their, will, be a negative end, especially when based on the points available both outcomes are still possible.
Even in the defeats we have seen glimpses that our players do have the capability to perform.
One good thing about yesterday we didn't concede from a deadball situation.

Clough Starts on 14:40 - Feb 10 with 1965 viewskiwidale

Clough Starts on 13:51 - Feb 10 by James1980

Surely it is better to think there is still a chance of a positive end to the season. Than to say their, will, be a negative end, especially when based on the points available both outcomes are still possible.
Even in the defeats we have seen glimpses that our players do have the capability to perform.

I'm sure you are genuine James but you have excelled yourself by your own standards, that's got to be the biggest bollox you have ever posted and you have posted some bolox.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:41]

This is not the time for bickering.

Clough Starts on 14:48 - Feb 10 with 1948 viewsJames1980

Clough Starts on 14:40 - Feb 10 by kiwidale

I'm sure you are genuine James but you have excelled yourself by your own standards, that's got to be the biggest bollox you have ever posted and you have posted some bolox.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:41]

None of what I put doesn't have an element of truth though.

Clough Starts on 20:34 - Feb 10 with 1803 viewsDorsetDale

Clough Starts on 21:04 - Feb 9 by judd

I thought I had. I've been patient with what we've endured these past 2 seasons but today was a total insult. An utter abject display on a day the club honoured a real fighter. A day when fans gathered pre match and expected a gutsy, fighting performance. We then got the most pathetic, confused, toothless, careless, thoughtless, talentless and badly managed showing that has really fookin hurt the long suffering fans. Now, go and plan an end of season gala dinner with carriages to celebrate that, you smug prick.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 21:36]

Can't be fooked reading the rest of the thread. If judd feels this way - and I have every respect for his judgement - we really are in the thick brown stuff!!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Clough Starts on 21:47 - Feb 10 with 1723 viewsShun

Clough Starts on 13:51 - Feb 10 by James1980

I do have sympathy for your views, James. There are a lot of games left to play and we’re far from down yet as some people have said. This season’s been completely abject and today was utterly shit from start to finish, but we sit here in the middle of February in 18th place (albeit having played a game more than most of our rivals), having only spent a total of 4 days in the bottom 4 all season.

It’s shit, but it’s not as shit as Bury or Oldham were feeling last year. I’m just praying, but also quietly confident, that there are four worse teams than us.
Clough Starts on 22:24 - Feb 10 with 1670 viewsDaleiLama

Clough Starts on 21:47 - Feb 10 by Shun

I do have sympathy for your views, James. There are a lot of games left to play and we’re far from down yet as some people have said. This season’s been completely abject and today was utterly shit from start to finish, but we sit here in the middle of February in 18th place (albeit having played a game more than most of our rivals), having only spent a total of 4 days in the bottom 4 all season.

It’s shit, but it’s not as shit as Bury or Oldham were feeling last year. I’m just praying, but also quietly confident, that there are four worse teams than us.

I'm sure that there are four worse teams worse than us - we've already played some of them too - it comes down to who wants it most though (and also a slice of luck does no harm). Last season we did want it more. It remains to be seen whether we will again.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Clough Starts on 22:25 - Feb 10 with 1670 viewsJames1980

For the record I don't think we will do any better than just surviving, hopefully before the last game. But on the other hand why couldn't we do a Shrewsbury or Plymouth and survive comfortably pushing for playoffs? Were there players streets ahead of ours are now?

Clough Starts on 08:57 - Feb 11 with 1502 viewsaleanddale

Clough Starts on 20:18 - Feb 9 by judd

I think for the first time in a couple of years fans had gone to Spotland with genuine hope of a battling front foot performance and victory.
What we got was an absolute insult. Gutless, clueless, guileless heartless nonsense. A disgusting performance rounded off with subbing on two converted left backs into the fullback positions when chasing a game against a pretty poor team in Coventry.
Delaney is not a left back. EEL is not a footballer, he's a simple defender, McLaughlin is full of errors. Andrew a right sided midfielder. Really? I mean, fookin REALLY? As big a waste of shirt EVER. Hamilton varied between absent and dreadful. Clough was a waste of time. Hendo should have scored our ONE clear cut chance.
As for Dooley, what the fook? No end product whatsoever. As Dalien rightly said, piss poor limp wristed pansy fookin corners floated easily into the arms of the visiting keeper.
£2 for a season ticket next season to watch that bunch of crap will be a rip off.

Heartfelt post Judd and a worry its so accurate.

As others pointed out your posts are certainly amongst the most respected.

Ok the pitch was poor and the wind did not help but it did not stop Coventry from looking a yard sharper and much more threatening the whole game.

Why do we persist with floaty corners and free kicks? They are the easiest balls for a defense to deal with and time after time we dink it with No pace and no whip straight into the oppo keepers hands.

Next Tuesday is a huge game and if we play like this again it will only result in another home defeat.

Disappointed does not begin to cover it what a let down after a much improved Walsall Away 3 points.

We can still dig ourselves out of the hole we have put ourselves In but unless things change and quickly we look relegation fodder.
Clough Starts on 09:09 - Feb 11 with 1489 viewsfrenzied

Clough Starts on 08:57 - Feb 11 by aleanddale

Ok the pitch was poor and the wind did not help but it did not stop Coventry from looking a yard sharper and much more threatening the whole game.

Why do we persist with floaty corners and free kicks? They are the easiest balls for a defense to deal with and time after time we dink it with No pace and no whip straight into the oppo keepers hands.

Next Tuesday is a huge game and if we play like this again it will only result in another home defeat.

Disappointed does not begin to cover it what a let down after a much improved Walsall Away 3 points.

We can still dig ourselves out of the hole we have put ourselves In but unless things change and quickly we look relegation fodder.

Hand on heart?..on the games ive seen..its only 4 or 5..i feel we have looked relegation fodder all season.

I hope the new faces can lift us above the abyss of the bottom 4 come the end of game 46..but wherever you are after game 46 is where you deserve to be..if buts and maybes are irrelevant.

The whole concept of going down and rebuilding and bouncing back straightaway are flimsy at this level and for clubs such as Dale with limited funds.

Im weary of hearing Bolton fans coming on the radio with such statements as this..if they get relegated I cant see them going back up again..their financial situation is dire and a Stockport scenario is not beyond possible.

My best guess at this stage is that for the remaining games we will see exactly the same as what we have experienced over the last 2 weeks...just gotta hope theres 4 worse than us!!!!
Clough Starts on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 1442 viewsDaleiLama

Clough Starts on 09:09 - Feb 11 by frenzied

Hand on heart?..on the games ive seen..its only 4 or 5..i feel we have looked relegation fodder all season.

I hope the new faces can lift us above the abyss of the bottom 4 come the end of game 46..but wherever you are after game 46 is where you deserve to be..if buts and maybes are irrelevant.

The whole concept of going down and rebuilding and bouncing back straightaway are flimsy at this level and for clubs such as Dale with limited funds.

Im weary of hearing Bolton fans coming on the radio with such statements as this..if they get relegated I cant see them going back up again..their financial situation is dire and a Stockport scenario is not beyond possible.

My best guess at this stage is that for the remaining games we will see exactly the same as what we have experienced over the last 2 weeks...just gotta hope theres 4 worse than us!!!!

Looking at the table from a historical perspective, we have taken just 15 points from 16 home games this campaign. Abysmal by any measure. Extrapolating that form to the end of the season adds us another 7 points from our remaining 7 home games and takes us to 41. Hypothetical I know. On that basis, we are going to need either 10 or so points from the remaining 7 away games or a backbone from somewhere.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Clough Starts on 09:39 - Feb 11 with 1425 viewsdingdangblue

Is Nthle injured?

His name is.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Clough Starts on 10:07 - Feb 11 with 1396 viewsParkinsGimp

Clough Starts on 18:49 - Feb 9 by RotherhamDale

That was absolutely shit.

Hoof it up to Calvin and hope for a lucky knock down.

We were second best to a piss poor Coventry side who waltzed to a victory. Their midfield wont have an easier game all season.

Well not a great tactic seeing as the hero Andrew only normally wins 1 in 4 headers and then rarely nods that on to one of our players. A shocking player , always has been always will be. Desperation is setting in now.
Clough Starts on 13:45 - Feb 11 with 1212 viewsShun

Clough Starts on 10:07 - Feb 11 by ParkinsGimp

Well not a great tactic seeing as the hero Andrew only normally wins 1 in 4 headers and then rarely nods that on to one of our players. A shocking player , always has been always will be. Desperation is setting in now.

He wins the vast majority of headers, he just very rarely finds a Dale player with them - they invariably fly away into no-mans’ land. That’s why he’s so much better defending set pieces than attacking them.
Clough Starts on 16:11 - Feb 11 with 1125 views49thseason

Clough Starts on 08:57 - Feb 11 by aleanddale

Having seen Stockdale swallow the first couple of corners that were lollipopped into the box, you might think a professional football outfit might have tried something a bit different, like a short corner, if only to make the angle of attack a bit different. You do wonder if any of these players actually ever use their brains or has all that football nonsense now been well and truly knocked out of them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024