Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crap penalty 18:15 - Feb 9 with 6670 viewsloftboy

Why over complicate things with stupid disjointed run ups.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crap penalty on 20:27 - Feb 9 with 2267 viewssmegma

Crap penalty on 18:29 - Feb 9 by stowmarketrange

I hear that the brum players were encroaching in the area as the penalty but as the ref had it down for an away win on his coupon there was no way it was going to be retaken.

But only SIX were encroaching
Crap penalty on 20:42 - Feb 9 with 2202 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Watch our second goal. That is what you should watch Wells for, not the pen. The touch, the turn, the cross. We are truly lucky to have him. He missed, gutting, and the circumstance even more so. But we get over it, we need him to keep his head up.

That being said, last year Bidwell got absolute dogs abuse for doing the exact same thing so I do think some of our fans are a bit hypocritical....

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Crap penalty on 21:31 - Feb 9 with 2114 viewsqprd

Crap penalty on 20:23 - Feb 9 by ridethewave

First of all, I don’t remember telling anyone how to feel.

Second, I’m not judging him on the last two minutes, he missed more absolute sitters today than we’ve had chances in the last month. I thought apart from his inability to score he had a good game today, but the reality is when your centre forward cannot score that penalty (ignoring all the other misses) then it just isn’t good enough.

As for who’s fault it is, missing the penalty and costing us the point is entirely Wells fault. As for the reason we were in that position in the first place is down to every member of that team (and the manager) in the first half, as has been pointed out.

What chances did he miss?

He was popping up all over the park, wide on both flanks. He wasn’t the focal point of the attack today and we were playing more towards Matt smiths strengths

He missed a penalty. So do Messi and ronaldo

But he didn’t play poorly
Crap penalty on 21:38 - Feb 9 with 2089 viewsridethewave

Crap penalty on 21:31 - Feb 9 by qprd

What chances did he miss?

He was popping up all over the park, wide on both flanks. He wasn’t the focal point of the attack today and we were playing more towards Matt smiths strengths

He missed a penalty. So do Messi and ronaldo

But he didn’t play poorly

I can’t be bothered to run through all the chances he missed, but he missed two absolute sitters, one in the first half from a Bright cross, the other in the second where Smith headed it down for him, plus the penalty.

As I clearly said in my reply, I thought he had a good game other than the misses, especially in the second half where he was really putting himself about. I never said he played poorly. But that doesn’t excuse a centre forward taking that penalty against one of the smallest keepers in the division.

And I frankly don’t care what Messi does, he doesn’t play for QPR.
Crap penalty on 21:57 - Feb 9 with 2046 viewsqprd

Crap penalty on 21:38 - Feb 9 by ridethewave

I can’t be bothered to run through all the chances he missed, but he missed two absolute sitters, one in the first half from a Bright cross, the other in the second where Smith headed it down for him, plus the penalty.

As I clearly said in my reply, I thought he had a good game other than the misses, especially in the second half where he was really putting himself about. I never said he played poorly. But that doesn’t excuse a centre forward taking that penalty against one of the smallest keepers in the division.

You just did run through all of them, as he took 3 shots today, one of which was the penalty

No ones defending the penalty miss

But don’t you think you’re overreacting to two misses on two shots from open play?
Crap penalty on 22:07 - Feb 9 with 2033 viewsridethewave

Crap penalty on 21:57 - Feb 9 by qprd

You just did run through all of them, as he took 3 shots today, one of which was the penalty

But don’t you think you’re overreacting to two misses on two shots from open play?

No, I don’t think I’ve overreacted at all. I haven’t called for his head, said he should be dropped, or insulted him in any way. I’ve simply said that the penalty miss was unacceptable in my view, but that I also thought he played well.

I frankly have no idea what you’re trying to argue about.
Crap penalty on 23:09 - Feb 9 with 1911 viewsMatch82

Crap penalty on 21:38 - Feb 9 by ridethewave

Yeah but the amount of money Messi is paid, he should be scoring goals for qpr too even if he's a thousand miles away. Slacker.
Crap penalty on 23:26 - Feb 9 with 1878 viewsWalnut

Crap penalty on 20:04 - Feb 9 by VancouverHoop

When was the last time a referee was banned? Demoted perhaps but not, I'd imagine, for failure to enforce a rule that's rarely called. A goalkeeper's movement prior to a PK is also frequent but how often is a spot kick called back for it, especially if the ball goes in the net. It's like other tolerated infractions such as – these days – shirt pulling in the box at corners free kicks. Officials make choices all the time, they're more objective than fans, but still human. League directives aside and consciously or not, they'll call a match based on current officiating trends until they're explicitly told not to, and that seems to be the case here.

Scandalous! Its either gross incompetence or gross cowardice not to award a retake.
Point of order though on this post, a GK moving is irrelevant if the ball goes in, no need for a retake!!
Login to get fewer ads

Crap penalty on 23:32 - Feb 9 with 1863 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Crap penalty on 23:09 - Feb 9 by Match82

Yeah but the amount of money Messi is paid, he should be scoring goals for qpr too even if he's a thousand miles away. Slacker.

I'm sure he'd love to score goals from as far away as possible. If it meant paying less tax.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 23:33]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Crap penalty on 00:35 - Feb 10 with 1800 viewsstainrods_elbow

Re the penalty fiasco, I've just written to Paul Morrissey at the club (attaching that wonderfully and incontrovertibly incriminating fan's photo) asking what, if anything, they intend doing about it to make sure the referee has action taken against him - unless they want to appear as gutless as the team in the 1st half. I suggest others do likewise if they feel as I do: paulm@qpr.co.uk.

Does anyone also have email/contact details for those of us who wish to complain to the FA as private fans?

Personally, I hope this bent/shit ref's reputation is now suitably dragged through the mud by the Twitterati. What's clear is that we were literally robbed of the chance of a deserved 4-4 draw by incompetence, corruption or both. The referee is there to apply the laws of the game. He didn't, so what is anyone going to do about it? Unlikely, but should we miss a playoff place, or be relegated, by one point, then what?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Crap penalty on 03:08 - Feb 10 with 1739 viewsstowmarketrange

Crap penalty on 23:26 - Feb 9 by Walnut

Scandalous! Its either gross incompetence or gross cowardice not to award a retake.
Point of order though on this post, a GK moving is irrelevant if the ball goes in, no need for a retake!!

As is defensive encroachment IF the penalty is scored.It wasn’t so the kick should’ve been retaken.
He got a lot of things wrong in that game but that was the most importent mistake as it could’ve meant we got a deserved point.
This wasn’t a sly push or a crafty handball.This was right in his eyeline and if he didn’t see 6 players encroaching in the area he has no place on a football pitch.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 3:16]
Crap penalty on 03:37 - Feb 10 with 1720 views18StoneOfHoop

Crap penalty on 19:45 - Feb 9 by DejR_vu

How can the AR not see that? What is the point of AR’s if they’re blind? There’s encroachment and there’s taking the f@cking p1ss.

That said, as good as the second half was, it shouldn’t mask the absolute abject first half. They should hang their heads in shame, SM included.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 19:53]

Stevie Mac should stick his chin out with pride this Sunday morning.
We were first half shameful appalling joke and yet.. HE ADAPTED!
A proper in-play change tactics coach.

What a difference captain Toni Leistner and Cousins made.
And Matt Smith was an indefatigable never-say-die trojan
all match until injury subbed him. ~ the wobbling giant duck up for a ruck ~
*takes the stick and then arse out boldly waddles up for yet more*
~pace of a tired pregnant constipated hippopotamous / flying turtle~

Stirring ding-dong topsy-turvy pell-mell encounter!
Absolutely loved it! Almost another Port Vale.
Roll on the Hornets ~ mark my words..WE'LL DO THEM!

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/football-1982-fa-cup-final-wembley-22nd-may
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 15:29]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Crap penalty on 05:32 - Feb 11 with 1460 viewsenfieldargh

Crap penalty on 03:37 - Feb 10 by 18StoneOfHoop

Stevie Mac should stick his chin out with pride this Sunday morning.
We were first half shameful appalling joke and yet.. HE ADAPTED!
A proper in-play change tactics coach.

What a difference captain Toni Leistner and Cousins made.
And Matt Smith was an indefatigable never-say-die trojan
all match until injury subbed him. ~ the wobbling giant duck up for a ruck ~
*takes the stick and then arse out boldly waddles up for yet more*
~pace of a tired pregnant constipated hippopotamous / flying turtle~

Stirring ding-dong topsy-turvy pell-mell encounter!
Absolutely loved it! Almost another Port Vale.
Roll on the Hornets ~ mark my words..WE'LL DO THEM!

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/football-1982-fa-cup-final-wembley-22nd-may
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 15:29]

This is a lovely poem 18st

Presented well with thought and lay out.

Think her maj could do a lot worse than to make you her poet laureate

Keats eat your heart out

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Crap penalty on 06:58 - Feb 11 with 1436 viewsdaveB

Crap penalty on 21:57 - Feb 9 by qprd

They were two sitters to be fair, he should have scored them both
Crap penalty on 09:38 - Feb 11 with 1356 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought Wells was a breath of fresh air when he first arrived. Full of energy and playing the lone striker brilliantly, just needed a few more goals.

Last month or so, his form has deserted him and he has looked lethargic and lacking in confidence.

Saturday,I thought he was favourite to be hooked and replaced by Hemed at ht as I didn't think we would be brave enough to go to three at the back. He was lucky that McClaren reorganised us brilliantly and he (Wells) did show that old enthusiasm in the second 45 with some good runs and positioning but the confidence took a few more knocks and the penalty, although it should have been a retake, was terrible.
Crap penalty on 14:35 - Feb 11 with 1276 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I know it well after the fact and basically pointless but did anybody see the Aguero penalty for City yesterday.He did the stop go run up but slipped it inside the right post when the keeper went left .I truly believe its easier for a right foot shooter to bury it to his right than pulling it across to the left ..
Camp guessed right (moved too )the penalty was not struck with enough power or direction and yes it should have been taken again .We deserved a draw IMO but make no mistake the walls are closing in quickly points are required ASAP
Crap penalty on 14:39 - Feb 11 with 1273 viewsjonno

Crap penalty on 19:58 - Feb 9 by dachiltern

Lino is o the goal line for keeper movement (rarely given so a waste of time anyway), ref is there for encroachment and today he failed badly.

Well if the linesman is looking at the keeper then he failed as well because Camp is clearly off his line in the picture before Wells kicks the ball.
Crap penalty on 15:49 - Feb 11 with 1205 viewsPinnerPaul

Crap penalty on 20:04 - Feb 9 by VancouverHoop

When was the last time a referee was banned? Demoted perhaps but not, I'd imagine, for failure to enforce a rule that's rarely called. A goalkeeper's movement prior to a PK is also frequent but how often is a spot kick called back for it, especially if the ball goes in the net. It's like other tolerated infractions such as – these days – shirt pulling in the box at corners free kicks. Officials make choices all the time, they're more objective than fans, but still human. League directives aside and consciously or not, they'll call a match based on current officiating trends until they're explicitly told not to, and that seems to be the case here.

Yep - spot on
Crap penalty on 15:57 - Feb 11 with 1182 viewsMick_S

Crap penalty on 15:49 - Feb 11 by PinnerPaul

Yep - spot on

PP - sorry if I've missed this, but in your opinion, what repercussions would the referee have faced had he ordered a re-take?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Crap penalty on 16:29 - Feb 11 with 1160 viewsstowmarketrange

Crap penalty on 15:57 - Feb 11 by Mick_S

PP - sorry if I've missed this, but in your opinion, what repercussions would the referee have faced had he ordered a re-take?

I doubt if he would’ve faced any official sanctions,but a crowd of angry Birmingham players possibly put him off,and the away win on his accumulator might have swayed his decision?
Crap penalty on 16:31 - Feb 11 with 1156 viewsJuzzie

Crap penalty on 16:29 - Feb 11 by stowmarketrange

I doubt if he would’ve faced any official sanctions,but a crowd of angry Birmingham players possibly put him off,and the away win on his accumulator might have swayed his decision?

Then he simply books every Birmingham player who encroaches around him.

We're in this schit because players get away with reffing the ref.
Crap penalty on 18:30 - Feb 11 with 1119 viewsPinnerPaul

Crap penalty on 15:57 - Feb 11 by Mick_S

Nothing - officially - he was applying the laws correctly.

I will leave you with this though - I heard a top PL referee say that if he ever penalised a GK for taking longer than 6 seconds he wouldn't referee in the PL for at least 2 months...…..
Crap penalty on 19:05 - Feb 11 with 1088 viewsQPR_John

Crap penalty on 18:30 - Feb 11 by PinnerPaul

Nothing - officially - he was applying the laws correctly.

I will leave you with this though - I heard a top PL referee say that if he ever penalised a GK for taking longer than 6 seconds he wouldn't referee in the PL for at least 2 months...…..

Then cancel the 6 seconds law. What is the point of a law if referees are explicitly told not to enforce it. I fully accept what you say you are far more qualified than me but does this not show why players and the fans have little respect for the authorities
Crap penalty on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 1031 viewsdaveB

Crap penalty on 19:05 - Feb 11 by QPR_John

Then cancel the 6 seconds law. What is the point of a law if referees are explicitly told not to enforce it. I fully accept what you say you are far more qualified than me but does this not show why players and the fans have little respect for the authorities

pretty sure that law was cancelled a few years ago
Crap penalty on 11:59 - Feb 12 with 930 viewsPinnerPaul

Crap penalty on 22:56 - Feb 11 by daveB

pretty sure that law was cancelled a few years ago

No its still there - just ignored!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024