Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season 17:21 - Apr 27 with 9215 viewsLibertarian

Good news
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 20:11 - Apr 27 with 2403 viewsjasper_T

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 19:42 - Apr 27 by thornabyswan

Fer makes a big difference to us when on the pitch.
Expensive though yes.
But has undoubted ability I think we would have signed him.and sold him for 2 to 3 million if the option was there.

What were Villa offering in January when he failed one of his medicals? Or was that just a loan?
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 21:31 - Apr 27 with 2333 viewsKGriz16

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 20:06 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

Who is to say that they are not lying? Or are you just choosing to accept that because it is what you want to hear!?
The board have form for saying things that are not true and have been caught out on numerous occasions, why do they carry in after they have been caught out you ask?
Because there are people out there that actually believe what they say. There is real hop at the club but that does not fall at the lap of the board unfortunately.

I’d hate to be as paranoid as you
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 21:47 - Apr 27 with 2308 viewsDr_Winston

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 21:31 - Apr 27 by KGriz16

I’d hate to be as paranoid as you

Some people just want to see the worst in everything. The number of people working to turn VdH extending his contract into a negative is bizarre.

Feeds into the post I made on another thread. The fairly straightforward way in which the team have exceeded the ludicrously pessimistic predictions of people like MD10 is now apparently a reason to praise them rather than ridicule the miserable bastards who tipped us to struggle in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:34 - Apr 27 with 2264 viewsLuther27

TBH I am really pleased about this news. I don't give a fck how, why, or when the deal was agreed. What I do care about is he is still our player...and for the best part of the season our captain. Now ffs you miserable lot support the guy or just fck off and support something else.
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:41 - Apr 27 with 2256 viewsSTID2017

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 21:47 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Some people just want to see the worst in everything. The number of people working to turn VdH extending his contract into a negative is bizarre.

Feeds into the post I made on another thread. The fairly straightforward way in which the team have exceeded the ludicrously pessimistic predictions of people like MD10 is now apparently a reason to praise them rather than ridicule the miserable bastards who tipped us to struggle in the first place.

TBH I thought we'd struggle but they exceeded my expectations.
If Potter is backed in the summer, then I will feel more optimistic at the start of next season.
Whether he will be is another matter though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:48 - Apr 27 with 2260 viewsDr_Winston

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:41 - Apr 27 by STID2017

TBH I thought we'd struggle but they exceeded my expectations.
If Potter is backed in the summer, then I will feel more optimistic at the start of next season.
Whether he will be is another matter though

The most important concern is the future wellbeing of the club. Potter seems realistic enough to accept that still being in business five years from now trumps any short term spending ambitions he has.

To a certain degree he's the perfect manager for us. Intelligent enough to accept that he won't always have millions to spend and capable enough to do a decent job regardless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:50 - Apr 27 with 2245 viewsLuther27

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:48 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

The most important concern is the future wellbeing of the club. Potter seems realistic enough to accept that still being in business five years from now trumps any short term spending ambitions he has.

To a certain degree he's the perfect manager for us. Intelligent enough to accept that he won't always have millions to spend and capable enough to do a decent job regardless.

That sums it up in a nutshell.
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 00:15 - Apr 28 with 2237 viewsChief

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 19:28 - Apr 27 by jasper_T

"The three-year deal the Dutchman signed when joining from Ajax during the summer of 2016 included an option for a further year’s extension, and both parties have agreed to take that up."

What differs this clause from any other contract renewal then if both parties have to agree to it then?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 07:41 - Apr 28 with 2144 viewsjack247

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 00:15 - Apr 28 by Chief

What differs this clause from any other contract renewal then if both parties have to agree to it then?

It’s the way it’s worded. Either party could enforce the extra year. He couldn’t reject it if the club wanted it and vice versa.
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 08:43 - Apr 28 with 2097 viewsItchySphincter

Mike hasn’t had the great season that some on here seem to think he has. It’s not likely that a better deal from elsewhere was put in front of him. Let’s hope that next season he can get back to the standards he set himself when he was decent Premier League player for us.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 09:31 - Apr 28 with 2053 viewsmagicdaps10

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 21:47 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

I wont ridicule people if I dont need to but if that is your agenda........work away.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 10:34 - Apr 28 with 2028 viewsdobjack2

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 07:41 - Apr 28 by jack247

It’s the way it’s worded. Either party could enforce the extra year. He couldn’t reject it if the club wanted it and vice versa.

That’s the point. Unless both VDH and the club were happy for him to be a free agent at the end of this season then the clause was always going to be activated by at least one of them. This is just both sides keeping their options open.

We have a player entering the final season of his contract and the possibilities are:

Negotiate a new contract:
Player sees out his current contract and leaves as a free agent at the end of next season:
Player is transferred before his current contract expires.

I hope it is the first option, however I suspect it will be the third. I would expect any new contract we offer VDH to be less generous than his current contract and that clubs with bigger budgets may tempt him and his agent. I can’t see the club keeping him to run down his contract if a realistic offer comes in and he wants to leave.

That is why I believe yesterday’s announcement is just PR as the real issue is will we offer him a new contract that he will sign or does he want to leave.

I’m not being negative it’s about being realistic about what is going on and not forgetting why we are in this position.
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 18:57 - Apr 29 with 1912 viewsSwansea93

Mike van der Hoorn believes things can only get better for Swansea City under Graham Potter, although he admits his own club future still remains uncertain.

"Everybody can move in the summer," said the 26-year-old.

"It’s just one more year for the club so I’m not going as a free agent.

"I’ve not spoken to Graham yet about next year. I think maybe this week I will knock on his door and have a chat with him."

And when asked if he wants to stay with the club to help launch an assault on the play-off places next season, the defender said: "Yes of course.

"This result (Hull draw) was disappointing, but we came close this year when it wasn’t expected. It’s only going to get better I think.

"Swansea is in a position where they sometimes can’t hold their players because of the financial position. But I don’t see why we can’t have a good season next year.

"The potential is there, it’s up to the club to decide what the best way is to get promoted.

"If everybody knows their role and style of play then it’s easy for the players in the team. Graham was looking for a style and he had an idea.

"He wants ball possession and he just needed to find the right way. I think he has his style now and he only wants to improve on that."

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 20:20 - Apr 29 with 1877 viewsFireboy2

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 18:57 - Apr 29 by Swansea93

Mike van der Hoorn believes things can only get better for Swansea City under Graham Potter, although he admits his own club future still remains uncertain.

"I’ve not spoken to Graham yet about next year. I think maybe this week I will knock on his door and have a chat with him."

And when asked if he wants to stay with the club to help launch an assault on the play-off places next season, the defender said: "Yes of course.

"This result (Hull draw) was disappointing, but we came close this year when it wasn’t expected. It’s only going to get better I think.

"Swansea is in a position where they sometimes can’t hold their players because of the financial position. But I don’t see why we can’t have a good season next year.

"The potential is there, it’s up to the club to decide what the best way is to get promoted.

"If everybody knows their role and style of play then it’s easy for the players in the team. Graham was looking for a style and he had an idea.

"He wants ball possession and he just needed to find the right way. I think he has his style now and he only wants to improve on that."

Wonder if birch and the board will see what mike has said
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 20:52 - Apr 29 with 1861 viewsswan65split

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 20:20 - Apr 29 by Fireboy2

Wonder if birch and the board will see what mike has said

It's obvious. Some will be going in the summer, but there has been indication Oli is staying. I wouldn't be surprised. It's going to be next season, success or bust!
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 20:54 - Apr 29 with 1856 views34dfgdf54

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 18:57 - Apr 29 by Swansea93

KGriz read that?
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 22:19 - Apr 30 with 1770 viewsmagicdaps10

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 20:54 - Apr 29 by 34dfgdf54

KGriz read that?

And Mr Dr Winston can read it.

An apology would be nice but I dont expect one.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 10:34 - May 1 with 1660 viewsKGriz16

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 22:19 - Apr 30 by magicdaps10

I think you need to re-read your original point made and that was that Mike didn't agree to this and it was the clubs doing. He says "yeah of course" when asked about would he like to stay another season? I don't think an apology is warranted.
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 13:47 - May 1 with 1590 views34dfgdf54

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 10:34 - May 1 by KGriz16

I think you need to re-read your original point made and that was that Mike didn't agree to this and it was the clubs doing. He says "yeah of course" when asked about would he like to stay another season? I don't think an apology is warranted.

Yeah he would like to stay another season, but he has said himself he may be sold. What point are you making?
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 15:02 - May 1 with 1560 viewsDr_Winston

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 22:19 - Apr 30 by magicdaps10

Apologise for what? Calling you out for tediously spinning every ocurrence into a disaster like the board's biggest drama queen? Bugger that.

VdH has extended his deal. That means either we keep him next season, or secure some return on him if he's sold rather than losing him for nothing. Neither of those things is bad.

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:43 - May 1 with 1427 viewsKilkennyjack

Mikey sure played well enough tonight.

We will get offers.

Beware of the Risen People

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:49 - May 1 with 1418 viewsjasper_T

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:43 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

We will get offers.

Villa enquired in January. Frightened off by the asking price.
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:56 - May 1 with 1398 viewsnantywatcher

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:43 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

We will get offers.

I take it you weren't at the Liberty tonight?
CCV was, and needed to be , in superb form tonight.
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 06:45 - May 2 with 1356 viewsjack247

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 23:49 - May 1 by jasper_T

Villa enquired in January. Frightened off by the asking price.

Jesus, they must be skint!
Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 11:19 - May 2 with 1314 viewsKGriz16

Vdh extends contract until the end of next season on 13:47 - May 1 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah he would like to stay another season, but he has said himself he may be sold. What point are you making?

Why don't you go back and re-read your fellow chums post again too? I don't need to repeat myself. Especially to the paranoid delinquents on this forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024