Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for Next Year 21:24 - May 3 with 5262 viewsHastings_Hoops

Taken from the QPR Report message board. This is a useful starting point, which sets out players who remain in contract after this season and have a shirt number this year.

My initial thoughts are.
1) Solid in goal next year with "14 clean sheets with terrible defence Lumley".
2) Move Furlong to CB.
3) Move Manning to LB.
4) Need some more defenders.
5) Fund (4) by selling Freeman and Luongo.
6) Excited about having a pair of young wingers in Shodipo and BOS next year.
7) Need an old head in midfield.
8) Need a Pukki type striker.

So in summary, if the DoF and new manager can pull off 4, 7 and 8 - everything will be rosy (simple)!

1. Ingram
13. Lumley
26. Dieng
45. Brzozowski

Defenders
2. Furlong
24. Kakay
29. Phillips
37. Leistner

Midfielders
6. Goss
7. Freeman
10. Eze
11. Scowen
14. Manning
19. Chair
21. Luongo
44. Bettache

Wingers / Wide Players
20. Osayi-Samuel
27. Shadipo
38. Smyth
43. Dalling

Strikers
17. Smith
18. Oteh
25. Wheeler
34. Walker

[Post edited 3 May 2019 21:24]
Squad for Next Year on 10:07 - May 5 with 1016 viewsAntti_Heinola

Squad for Next Year on 13:00 - May 4 by WestbourneR

This.

We’re currently nailed on for relegation. Major reinforcements needed this summer

The idea that all the youngsters are gonna work out is pure fantasy.

Agree, sadly. I think and hope a couple of youngsters - BOS, Eze and Chair may well have good seasons, if used properly. But that won't be enough. I'd be very surprised if we don't go down next season. We are going to need:
a. Some phenomenally smart signings - at least three very clever, very cheap players who work out well.
b. A very, very good manager.

I strongly doubt we'll get either.

Still, it is easier to regroup at League One level.

Bare bones.

Squad for Next Year on 11:36 - May 5 with 931 viewssmegma

Squad for Next Year on 10:07 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, sadly. I think and hope a couple of youngsters - BOS, Eze and Chair may well have good seasons, if used properly. But that won't be enough. I'd be very surprised if we don't go down next season. We are going to need:
a. Some phenomenally smart signings - at least three very clever, very cheap players who work out well.
b. A very, very good manager.

I strongly doubt we'll get either.

Still, it is easier to regroup at League One level.

Never been to Lincoln City, Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood or Shrewsbury Towns new ground so it's not all doom and gloom.

Joking aside, I don't think we can guess what will unfold until we see the squad for next season then a few preseason games. I remember losing to Plymouth preseason a few years ago and the internet went into meltdown. You may recall we were top of the league for 44 out of 46 games.
Squad for Next Year on 11:46 - May 5 with 910 viewsNed_Kennedys

People stating we are 'nailed on' to be relegated next season are talking rubbish: we don't know who the manager will be, which players will be leaving, who we will be signing or whether the likes of Chair and Smyth are going to be able to bring the good form they have shown out on loan into our first team next season.
Squad for Next Year on 12:26 - May 5 with 876 viewsGloucs_R

Squad for Next Year on 11:46 - May 5 by Ned_Kennedys

People stating we are 'nailed on' to be relegated next season are talking rubbish: we don't know who the manager will be, which players will be leaving, who we will be signing or whether the likes of Chair and Smyth are going to be able to bring the good form they have shown out on loan into our first team next season.

Smyth not settling the world alight this season on loan

Poll: Are we staying up?

Squad for Next Year on 13:10 - May 5 with 822 viewsderbyhoop

Too early to tell, but the current evidence looks like a very young inexperienced squad, short in central defence and short up front.

Recruitment is going to be vital this Summer, starting with a manager who understands the situation and is prepared to go along with a strategy of sustainabilty.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Squad for Next Year on 14:06 - May 5 with 788 viewsAntti_Heinola

Squad for Next Year on 11:36 - May 5 by smegma

Never been to Lincoln City, Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood or Shrewsbury Towns new ground so it's not all doom and gloom.

Joking aside, I don't think we can guess what will unfold until we see the squad for next season then a few preseason games. I remember losing to Plymouth preseason a few years ago and the internet went into meltdown. You may recall we were top of the league for 44 out of 46 games.

absolutely. we might get surprised. Certainly hope so!

Bare bones.

Squad for Next Year on 15:05 - May 5 with 721 viewsphilc

A lot can change over the summer, but I suspect next seasons team will look very similar to todays. I think they are trying out the players they think are likely to be available. With the exception of Cameron, none of the loans were playing and don't think any of the out of contract players made the pitch either.
Squad for Next Year on 15:53 - May 5 with 695 viewsMatch82

To be honest I think we are only one center back and two forwards away from having a team that could stay up with a bit to spare. Problem is we haven't shown any ability outside of Austin to identify a 15 goal a year man
Login to get fewer ads

Squad for Next Year on 15:57 - May 5 with 688 viewskensalriser

BOS needs some coaching in how/when to shoot.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Squad for Next Year on 16:11 - May 5 with 674 viewsngbqpr

Whilst not for a second suggesting we'll have a season anything like they've just had, I wonder what Norwich fans were saying last summer when they'd had a poor second half to the season, sold Maddison & the Murphys, and for goals were told to put their hopes in some bloke called Pukki

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024