Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfers 10:49 - May 30 with 133123 viewsderbyhoop

There's always lots of speculation, 90% generated by agents. Might be good to have 1 thread.

I don't understand the speculation that has linked us with Adam Matthews from Sunderland, Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Liam Kelly from Livingstone.
Matthews is a RB where we have Furlong, Rangel and Kakay
Maher is a midfielder where, even if Freeman goes, we're not short of options.
Kelly is a keeper. We have Lumley, Ingram and Dieng, unless the latter goes to Glasgow Rangers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfers on 08:50 - Aug 8 with 1820 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Summer Transfers on 07:49 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Mooy being linked with Brighton. Which would be nice.

One of their better players. We would all happily see him sign today I am sure.
Summer Transfers on 08:51 - Aug 8 with 1812 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Charlie to Bristol City would be disappointing. Although WBA interested.
Summer Transfers on 09:05 - Aug 8 with 1726 viewsEsox_Lucius

Summer Transfers on 08:51 - Aug 8 by CroydonCaptJack

Charlie to Bristol City would be disappointing. Although WBA interested.

Do you not think that £3-5k a week would attract him back to the KPFS?

The grass is always greener.

Summer Transfers on 09:08 - Aug 8 with 1699 viewsflitwickhoop

Scott Carson to Man City
Summer Transfers on 09:13 - Aug 8 with 1661 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Sky claiming we've made a loan move for Wells
Summer Transfers on 09:19 - Aug 8 with 1614 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 09:13 - Aug 8 by Orthodox_Hoop

Sky claiming we've made a loan move for Wells

I'm pretty horny for Wells under this regime. The criticism he got last season was moronic.
Summer Transfers on 09:24 - Aug 8 with 1585 viewsPBLOCK

Caulker to Newcastle???!!

Unbelievable Jeff
Summer Transfers on 09:25 - Aug 8 with 1579 viewsLeedsR

Was just about to ask people’s thoughts on the prospect of Wells coming back. I think the general vibe at the club didn’t work for him last season. He definitely has the pace and positioning to be really effective. He could really flourish under Warbs and complement Hugill.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfers on 09:29 - Aug 8 with 1554 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Would love to have Nahki back. Clearly a confidence player and you can see he has quality.
Think this system under Warburton would suit him perfectly. The direct, long ball was not his style. Hugill would be the starter I assume but great sub to have. Need the cover there too, it's a long season!
Summer Transfers on 09:32 - Aug 8 with 1536 viewsNorthernr

I'd have Wells back. Though a couple of moments at the end of the season stuck in the craw a bit.
Summer Transfers on 09:34 - Aug 8 with 1519 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 09:25 - Aug 8 by LeedsR

Was just about to ask people’s thoughts on the prospect of Wells coming back. I think the general vibe at the club didn’t work for him last season. He definitely has the pace and positioning to be really effective. He could really flourish under Warbs and complement Hugill.

Or is Hugill going to be his new Hemed? Because I don't see us going 4-4-2.

I do think we need another striker but one of Wells' seniority and expense... seems excessive, verging on promotion delusion bloat.
Summer Transfers on 09:37 - Aug 8 with 1500 viewsrsonist

What was the whisper about Wells wage last season, 30k p/w? 40? Have to do better than "great sub to have" for that sort of wedge.
Summer Transfers on 09:38 - Aug 8 with 1493 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Summer Transfers on 09:19 - Aug 8 by rsonist

I'm pretty horny for Wells under this regime. The criticism he got last season was moronic.

I think people got annoyed at the penalty misses, particularly the Birmingham one. However, I thought generally he was well supported.

Unless you are talking about Twitter which seems to have a parallel universe of the moronic kind.
Summer Transfers on 09:38 - Aug 8 with 1491 viewsoldmisery

Summer Transfers on 09:25 - Aug 8 by LeedsR

Just don't let him take any pens.
Summer Transfers on 09:40 - Aug 8 with 1479 viewsjonno

Summer Transfers on 09:32 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I'd have Wells back. Though a couple of moments at the end of the season stuck in the craw a bit.

Agree although there may have been things going on behind the scenes which had pssed him off. Would have him back, quality player at our level.
Summer Transfers on 09:45 - Aug 8 with 1429 viewsLeedsR

Summer Transfers on 09:38 - Aug 8 by oldmisery

Just don't let him take any pens.

Lol, def agree about the pens!! I was thinking along the lines of Wells as a super sub, or a change it up style strategy, an option of which could include playing alongside Hugill. As things stand currently, Hugill has to start, but Wells would be a great option to have off the subs bench. Would have to fit in the wage structure, so not sure how that would pan out.
Summer Transfers on 09:47 - Aug 8 with 1412 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 09:37 - Aug 8 by rsonist

What was the whisper about Wells wage last season, 30k p/w? 40? Have to do better than "great sub to have" for that sort of wedge.

If anybody is on £30k a week at QPR these days I'll pay it myself.
Summer Transfers on 09:50 - Aug 8 with 1380 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Summer Transfers on 09:47 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Don't let Lee Hoos hear you say that Clive!
Summer Transfers on 09:50 - Aug 8 with 1378 viewsrsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-give-up-on-mckenna-and-eye-striker-deal-

QPR have ended their pursuit of Scott McKenna and are looking to bring in a striker, with Nahki Wells among the possible options. The R’s have been unable to agree a fee with Aberdeen for centre-back McKenna and are reluctant to spend on another defender during the final stages of the transfer window.

Maybe it's just the way DMc puts it but doesn't anyone else find this mildly perturbing. It's hard to imagine what profile of defender we wanted that only Scott McKenna and no one else fills with £3m in our pocket. So we go for (familiar big name big £££) striker instead...? Like I said upthread I don't get the impression our lower league/development radar has been switched on at all this summer.
Summer Transfers on 09:54 - Aug 8 with 1357 viewsstevec

I like Wells and he's a far better player in a passing team.

Aside of Freeman, our midfield was dross second half of last season and that badly affected his game.
Summer Transfers on 09:55 - Aug 8 with 1340 viewsted_hendrix

Does that Scotch bloke still work for Sky? you know the one that gets himself all carried away about nothing happening absolutely anywhere.

Breaking News;

Is it all 'going off' in the studio? "lets cross over to Northampton Towns training ground where the Chairman is going to make an announcement any minute about signing a new water softener for the changing rooms"

Breaking News;

What a minge I was to cancel my Sky thingy all those Years ago, deadline day--deadline day....................................

Breaking news;

Over to You Stan;

"I would say that if the forward line have a symmetrical teamworkers and that they can from the first passit of the ball... take in mind the measured beat of a one, two, throo or fido... so that the ball can falollop out to the wingers and a very fine trittly how in a run and drop-kick and carry one and shooting in the goal if they can get by without an offsiger which is known on the ref and don't throw the bottload because he's only doing his best. But, er, it'll be hard on their halfbackers because I don't think they'll get a chance to do a falolloper shooty on account of the front line with their deep joy of, shall we say, an express in their enthusiasm to the first who to clop falollop in the goalmouth."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Transfers on 09:57 - Aug 8 with 1330 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 09:47 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Well we're paying Hugill £24k aren't we. The early summer pauper's narrative seems in the bin the way we're waving the McKenna money around.
Summer Transfers on 09:59 - Aug 8 with 1316 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfers on 09:50 - Aug 8 by rsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-give-up-on-mckenna-and-eye-striker-deal-

QPR have ended their pursuit of Scott McKenna and are looking to bring in a striker, with Nahki Wells among the possible options. The R’s have been unable to agree a fee with Aberdeen for centre-back McKenna and are reluctant to spend on another defender during the final stages of the transfer window.

Maybe it's just the way DMc puts it but doesn't anyone else find this mildly perturbing. It's hard to imagine what profile of defender we wanted that only Scott McKenna and no one else fills with £3m in our pocket. So we go for (familiar big name big £££) striker instead...? Like I said upthread I don't get the impression our lower league/development radar has been switched on at all this summer.

Agree that it's strangely worded at the top of his article, but further down makes more sense where he states that the two are unlinked, and that wells is only oone of the options;

"They are, however, exploring the possibility of bringing in another forward by the 5pm deadline.

On Thursday morning a number of potential deals were being discussed, including a possible return for Wells from Burnley."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer Transfers on 10:02 - Aug 8 with 1296 viewsSuperhoop83

Wells is a no brainer for me. He is quality in this division and could excel in the new set up.

Here's hoping...

Suffering since 1978.

Summer Transfers on 10:02 - Aug 8 with 1292 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 09:57 - Aug 8 by rsonist

Well we're paying Hugill £24k aren't we. The early summer pauper's narrative seems in the bin the way we're waving the McKenna money around.

We know that for sure do we?
And we've pulled out of McKenna deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024