Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfers 10:49 - May 30 with 133135 viewsderbyhoop

There's always lots of speculation, 90% generated by agents. Might be good to have 1 thread.

I don't understand the speculation that has linked us with Adam Matthews from Sunderland, Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Liam Kelly from Livingstone.
Matthews is a RB where we have Furlong, Rangel and Kakay
Maher is a midfielder where, even if Freeman goes, we're not short of options.
Kelly is a keeper. We have Lumley, Ingram and Dieng, unless the latter goes to Glasgow Rangers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfers on 10:02 - Aug 8 with 2664 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 09:59 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree that it's strangely worded at the top of his article, but further down makes more sense where he states that the two are unlinked, and that wells is only oone of the options;

"They are, however, exploring the possibility of bringing in another forward by the 5pm deadline.

On Thursday morning a number of potential deals were being discussed, including a possible return for Wells from Burnley."

The two being unlinked is kind of my point.
Summer Transfers on 10:03 - Aug 8 with 2665 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 09:24 - Aug 8 by PBLOCK

Caulker to Newcastle???!!

Unbelievable Jeff

Day one, Steven discovers Bigg Market.

Summer Transfers on 10:16 - Aug 8 with 2573 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 10:02 - Aug 8 by Northernr

We know that for sure do we?
And we've pulled out of McKenna deal.

Not as such, but it's a reasonable deduction if you read around bearing in mind Wigan walked away over wages. 20k minimum.

"We've pulled out" cos they still wanted twice as much as the large fee we were offering. If that's frugality in your book suit yourself.
Summer Transfers on 10:18 - Aug 8 with 2565 viewsBAWHoops

McKenna bid was made as we have a little money to spend and it needs to be invested in someone we can potentially sell on.

A 22 year old CB who has already played for his country and in Europe seems a sound investment and worth putting £3m into.

That move hasn't come off so we have decided to park the money and wait for the next investment opportunity. It's a really sensible way to run things.
We as fans have to realise that the Transfer kitty isn't there to be spent, it's there to be invested

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Summer Transfers on 10:18 - Aug 8 with 2565 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 10:16 - Aug 8 by rsonist

Not as such, but it's a reasonable deduction if you read around bearing in mind Wigan walked away over wages. 20k minimum.

"We've pulled out" cos they still wanted twice as much as the large fee we were offering. If that's frugality in your book suit yourself.

I'm not sure you can judge the club on a reported wage you've deduced from reading around and a transfer that hasn't happened.
Summer Transfers on 10:28 - Aug 8 with 2501 viewsTheChef

Summer Transfers on 10:02 - Aug 8 by Northernr

We know that for sure do we?
And we've pulled out of McKenna deal.

*picks number out of the air*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer Transfers on 10:29 - Aug 8 with 2496 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 10:18 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I'm not sure you can judge the club on a reported wage you've deduced from reading around and a transfer that hasn't happened.

Oh word? What've we all been doing on here for the last twenty years then?

Look if Warbs is the messiah I'll be as happy as anyone but I'm not sure why anyone's resisting the (pretty obvious?) suggestion that the club's business isn't currently matching what we were saying repeatedly and at length (sorry sorry, deducing from speculation) only weeks ago. I'm not doom-mongering, I still assume the numbers add up... hopefully, but I've lost the thread of it at this point.
Summer Transfers on 10:34 - Aug 8 with 2457 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 10:29 - Aug 8 by rsonist

Oh word? What've we all been doing on here for the last twenty years then?

Look if Warbs is the messiah I'll be as happy as anyone but I'm not sure why anyone's resisting the (pretty obvious?) suggestion that the club's business isn't currently matching what we were saying repeatedly and at length (sorry sorry, deducing from speculation) only weeks ago. I'm not doom-mongering, I still assume the numbers add up... hopefully, but I've lost the thread of it at this point.

First par - I've told you before, if you want to believe I'm making this sht up based on assumptions I make from reading the internet in my back bedroom then fine, but it's not true.

Second par - Agree with every word.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfers on 10:48 - Aug 8 with 2356 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 10:34 - Aug 8 by Northernr

First par - I've told you before, if you want to believe I'm making this sht up based on assumptions I make from reading the internet in my back bedroom then fine, but it's not true.

Second par - Agree with every word.

Sigh OK look if you know something concrete that's fine and I don't doubt your credibility - have never done - but maybe you could indicate in advance when you're about to play the secret squirrel ITK card cos I assume you're not claiming everything you post on here is straight from the horses mouth with no speculation deduction or what have you. I'm not going to psychically know whether it's blogger or newsman I'm talking to.
Summer Transfers on 11:00 - Aug 8 with 2268 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 10:48 - Aug 8 by rsonist

Sigh OK look if you know something concrete that's fine and I don't doubt your credibility - have never done - but maybe you could indicate in advance when you're about to play the secret squirrel ITK card cos I assume you're not claiming everything you post on here is straight from the horses mouth with no speculation deduction or what have you. I'm not going to psychically know whether it's blogger or newsman I'm talking to.

We're agreeing basically. I'm just being a dick because I've spent all morning reading that Luongo has gone for free and we're paying Wells £30k a week and it's wound me up because it's based on nothing, and people hammer the club with it based on nothing.

Got a chiropractor appointment at 1230 so I'll be in a much better mood after that. Apologies.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Summer Transfers on 11:04 - Aug 8 with 2239 viewsRBlock

Summer Transfers on 11:00 - Aug 8 by Northernr

We're agreeing basically. I'm just being a dick because I've spent all morning reading that Luongo has gone for free and we're paying Wells £30k a week and it's wound me up because it's based on nothing, and people hammer the club with it based on nothing.

Got a chiropractor appointment at 1230 so I'll be in a much better mood after that. Apologies.

I didn't know chiropractors did happy endings.
Summer Transfers on 11:06 - Aug 8 with 2228 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 11:04 - Aug 8 by RBlock

When you've got a spine like mine and you spend 12 hours a day in front of a bloody computer or on the phone then the things those violent bastards can do in 40 minutes is better than any sex.
Summer Transfers on 11:08 - Aug 8 with 2210 viewsSuperhoop83

A chiropractor? The one I saw many moons ago seemed hell bent on crippling me.

I never went near one again, but I hope you come out in one piece - and cheer up.

Suffering since 1978.

Summer Transfers on 11:13 - Aug 8 with 2165 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Summer Transfers on 11:04 - Aug 8 by RBlock

His Chiropractor is a Thai girl.
Summer Transfers on 11:14 - Aug 8 with 2154 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfers on 11:06 - Aug 8 by Northernr

When you've got a spine like mine and you spend 12 hours a day in front of a bloody computer or on the phone then the things those violent bastards can do in 40 minutes is better than any sex.

the point is, the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Shall I suggest how much you are paying them? i have a figure in mind that I just made up. Without add-ons??
Summer Transfers on 11:14 - Aug 8 with 2153 viewsRBlock

Summer Transfers on 11:13 - Aug 8 by CroydonCaptJack

'girl'
Summer Transfers on 11:14 - Aug 8 with 2148 viewsBuckR

Summer Transfers on 11:13 - Aug 8 by CroydonCaptJack

With an Adams apple
Summer Transfers on 11:27 - Aug 8 with 2056 viewsTheChef

Summer Transfers on 11:06 - Aug 8 by Northernr

On that subject (and completely unrelated to the OP) - this makes for interesting reading.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-unfortunate-design-flaws-in-the-human-body-1518

Basically (and unsurprisingly) the spine is totally unsuitable for walking on two legs.

Summer Transfers on 11:30 - Aug 8 with 2033 viewsWatford_Ranger

McKenna sounds like a good player but if it means Big Tone stays then it could be a blessing. I was well impressed with Hall at Stoke but if he’s fit for 30 games this season I’d be surprised.
Summer Transfers on 12:00 - Aug 8 with 1918 viewsterryb

Worth every penny I've spent on mine. My spine was S shaped!

Mind you, the previous chiropractor I went to was not worth it!
Summer Transfers on 12:23 - Aug 8 with 1830 viewsaston_hoop

Stoke spending £6 million on Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spurs. Not sure if thats vastly over priced or he is some kind of wonderkid and I missed the days he played well.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfers (n/t) on 12:38 - Aug 8 with 1739 viewsTheChef

Summer Transfers on 12:23 - Aug 8 by aston_hoop

Stoke spending £6 million on Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spurs. Not sure if thats vastly over priced or he is some kind of wonderkid and I missed the days he played well.

I was talking to a colleague earlier, saying the Championship is slowly moving towards stupid transfer prices (although not yet the level of Harry Maguire at £80m).

Getting to a stage where professional football has no basis in reality.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 12:40]

Summer Transfers on 12:56 - Aug 8 with 1664 viewsDavieQPR

I wonder how many of these transfers are done and dusted days ago but are kept quiet just to keep Sky happy.
Summer Transfers on 13:17 - Aug 8 with 1553 viewsNorthernr

Just another little pointer to how much stock you should place in what Sky say - they reckon we're about to loan Idrissa Sylla to Blackburn.
Summer Transfers on 13:18 - Aug 8 with 1546 viewstoboboly

Summer Transfers on 13:17 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Just another little pointer to how much stock you should place in what Sky say - they reckon we're about to loan Idrissa Sylla to Blackburn.

Jesus wept.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024