Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Building trade espionage and such 15:08 - Sep 26 with 1582 viewsBklynRanger

Looking for a bit of building/espionage trade inside knowledge if possible amigos. A mate is in a dispute with people who have bought land next door. Basically they're building a very large house that's creating a lot of disruption and they've never gone about things the right way. So there's a fair bit of tension about property boundaries etc. Anyway:

A few weeks ago he noticed that someone had stuck what looked like a yellow sim card to his front garden wall just within the boundary of his property. So he ripped it off and binned it - thought it could be an attempt to tap into his Wi-Fi but didn’t think much more of it.

Yesterday a guy from the building company got in contact saying he wanted to stick something on the side of his house. He told my friend's wife it was a camera so he could check the builders were only doing what they should be doing. Again it looked like a yellow SIM card - i.e. didn't seem to have a lens. He wonders why a small building company would need to monitor their workers to check they were behaving themselves, especially when a job of that size would have a manager/supervisor permanently there and the workers seem to do as they are told anyway.

With the first SIM card looking thing whoever put it there must have been on the pavement but had just leaned over to apply it. He (or she) had stuck something like blu tack (but white and more adhesive) to the wall and then stuck the sim card (or similar) onto it.

It's all a bit strange and he's not quite sure what it is or what they're trying to achieve with this - other than they're up to summat.

Can anyone shed light on what that device is and what they think it's for? My guess would be it's aliens walking among us in human form, recruiting spare flesh for experiments and whatnot, but as I say that's only a guess. Anyway thanks in advance.

Building trade espionage and such on 16:04 - Sep 26 with 1521 viewsRangersDave

Is it on Warren Farm mate? they'd do anything to stop building there. lol

Sounds like a possible wifi theft?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Building trade espionage and such on 16:16 - Sep 26 with 1493 viewsBklynRanger

Building trade espionage and such on 16:04 - Sep 26 by RangersDave

Is it on Warren Farm mate? they'd do anything to stop building there. lol

Sounds like a possible wifi theft?

He's not too far away mate - could be a side project
Building trade espionage and such on 16:26 - Sep 26 with 1460 viewsBoston

Trying to steal your Wi-Fi so they can use their gear on site....or a bomb.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Building trade espionage and such on 16:52 - Sep 26 with 1410 viewsBklynRanger

Building trade espionage and such on 16:26 - Sep 26 by Boston

Trying to steal your Wi-Fi so they can use their gear on site....or a bomb.

Think that's what it is then? Basically an attempt by these fine craftsmen to 'borrow' his internet? Does it reflect the signal or something? Flippin' aliens.
Building trade espionage and such on 18:18 - Sep 26 with 1310 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry, Bklyn. I'm in the trade and it's a new one on me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Building trade espionage and such on 18:43 - Sep 26 with 1278 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sounds like a target for triangulating / movement monitoring to me. Get him to google ‘movement monitoring target’ and see if it looks like it is... or he could just ask them?!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 18:46]
Building trade espionage and such on 18:47 - Sep 26 with 1270 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just a thought - it could be a high-tech settlement monitor to help fight possible claims from your friend for settlement, movement, cracks etc?

Last time I saw these being used they were much bigger but evolving technology might have produced a sim-card sized one. They should ask for permission, of course, but whatever the device is these builders clearly couldn't care less about permission.

Have they done a pre-construction condition survey on your friend's property to his knowledge? If not, then maybe this could be something along these lines...

Building trade espionage and such on 18:49 - Sep 26 with 1267 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Building trade espionage and such on 18:43 - Sep 26 by Hastings_Hoops

Sounds like a target for triangulating / movement monitoring to me. Get him to google ‘movement monitoring target’ and see if it looks like it is... or he could just ask them?!

Ya, my thoughts too.

Login to get fewer ads

Building trade espionage and such on 19:11 - Sep 26 with 1231 viewsHastings_Hoops

Building trade espionage and such on 18:43 - Sep 26 by Hastings_Hoops

If it is, then this would imply to me that the work that they are undertaking may have required them to have served notice under the Party Wall etc Act 1996 although it is difficult to tell without knowing more. If your friend has a freehold or leasehold interest in his house he should have received any requisite notice under the Act where it has been served.

He should probably google "Section 1, Section 2 and Section 6 of the Party Wall etc Act 1996" to see its application. Alternatively, contact me via private message as although this is not my expert area, one of my Partners at calfordseaden could assist with Party Wall matters if needed and if applicable.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 19:12]
Building trade espionage and such on 19:18 - Sep 26 with 1206 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks Brian and Hastings - some typically insightful and sage advice - I'm in the process of passing it on.
Building trade espionage and such on 19:31 - Sep 26 with 1177 viewsRangersDave

nah, its aliens! nuff said

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024