Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position 23:28 - Feb 1 with 9895 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-lack-of-ambition-defiant-warburton-makes-

Apologies if this has been posted but for anyone in any doubt about what the club is up against in dealing with this FFP thing and what Warburton is having to do as a result and particularly criticising him then do read this. A pretty stark reminder of where we are and despite our dip in results what the management and coaching staff are having to do.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 07:18 - Feb 4 with 1185 viewsRoller

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:24 - Feb 4 by Benny_the_Ball

And doesn't take into account what losses count towards FFP calculations. For example, the Football League will not include the FFP fine in its calculations.

Indeed, but our current position can't be summed up in two or three sentences which is why I linked to the article. It is all in there: FFP, parachute payments, solidarity payments, disallowable costs and why this season is the hardest we will face financially.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:21 - Feb 4 with 1127 viewsjoe90

Here's my ten pence worth...

1: Generally I feel optimistic.

2: The club is going in the right direction and we'll reap the rewards in a few seasons time.

3: Warbs doesn't need to do much to improve the team/playing style. One thing he could do immediately is encourage the team to take more shots and instead of always looking for that extra pass.

4: When you consider how bad things have been at QPR I'm surprised people are upset now!
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:25 - Feb 4 with 1040 viewsNW5Hoop

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:24 - Feb 3 by bosh67

Warburton is a wealthy man and a former city financial guru. Amit is a very wealthy man and loves the club and has its best interests at heart. In theory, the right ingredients for the two to lead a buy out at the end of the season.

Warburton was a currency trader for various banks. I'm sure he made plenty of money. But he didn't make anything in the region of buy-and-run-a-football-club money.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 11:17 - Feb 4 with 972 viewsCroydonCaptJack

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 20:19 - Feb 3 by Roller

I think that you are just quoting the operating losses rather than total loss.

2015/16 the loss was £11m - but we had the benefit of a parachute payment of £25.9m
2016/17 the loss was £6.5m - but with the benefit of a parachute payment of £31.2m
2017/18 the loss was £37.5m - which includes our total FFP fine and costs, but with the benefit of a £16.6m parachute payment.
The 2018/19 accounts due to be published this month will contain the last of our parachutes payments (also £16.6m).
This season we just have to make do with the basic award and solidarity payment.
I think that looking at the figures without factoring in the parachute payments gives a misleading picture.

If you are brave enough, have another read of this where I tried to lay all this out

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50430/tough-battle

I had forgotten just how informative that piece was mate.

Is there any figures now in the public domain that show which of the scenarios A-D was the most accurate?
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:15 - Feb 7 with 762 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 07:18 - Feb 4 by Roller

Indeed, but our current position can't be summed up in two or three sentences which is why I linked to the article. It is all in there: FFP, parachute payments, solidarity payments, disallowable costs and why this season is the hardest we will face financially.

Roller, note the use of the word 'And' to begin my paragraph!

The bottom line is the owners did spend close to half a billion during that turbulent period. Utter madness. Whilst most QPR fans had longed for investment in the team, I don't think many wanted that kind of obscene expenditure and would have been happy enough with the team that got us promoted plus 2 or 3 sensible additions.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 1:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024