Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position 23:28 - Feb 1 with 9894 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-lack-of-ambition-defiant-warburton-makes-

Apologies if this has been posted but for anyone in any doubt about what the club is up against in dealing with this FFP thing and what Warburton is having to do as a result and particularly criticising him then do read this. A pretty stark reminder of where we are and despite our dip in results what the management and coaching staff are having to do.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:16 - Feb 2 with 1915 viewsnix

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:01 - Feb 2 by vegasranger

What concerns me is if we have really learnt our lessons. Of the players signed this summer which of them has a transfer value? Who scouted out our loanee players? Apart from the two strikers they have been really poor, haven't improved the team at all.Most of our transfer targets now seem to be in Scotland. An area that MW is very familiar with. What happened to the scouting system that was supposed to outside of the managers influence? What the hell are we paying Sir Les to really do?

I think Masterson is a cracking buy, as a replacement for Lynch, how could you complain? Dom Ball was cheap and has been improving over time. We needed a Luongo replacement and Amos is a budget version, though maybe not as good, he's been improving and was unlucky to be injured. Matt Smith on paper looked like a cracking signing, having done so much for FC Twente last season and highly rated by Man City. Mlakar was a disappointment, agreed. Wells and Hughill have scored some vital goals and we've really got them for a lot less than we could bought two proven strikers in for and we couldn't really risk two unproven strikers given our defence. Wallace is almost certainly a cheaper, and in my view, better left back than Bidwell.

We've slashed our wage bill, got some people in who may improve the team and might even have sell on value.

We've sold people for the first time in years to make profits: Smithies, Freeman and Furlong. Not as much money as we'd like yet but don't get why people are complaining now when Les and Hoos are doing what they're supposed to be doing.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:19 - Feb 2 with 1912 viewsMatch82

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:01 - Feb 2 by vegasranger

What concerns me is if we have really learnt our lessons. Of the players signed this summer which of them has a transfer value? Who scouted out our loanee players? Apart from the two strikers they have been really poor, haven't improved the team at all.Most of our transfer targets now seem to be in Scotland. An area that MW is very familiar with. What happened to the scouting system that was supposed to outside of the managers influence? What the hell are we paying Sir Les to really do?

Barbet Kane and Ball are/were 26 or younger and free transfers. I'd imagine each of them has shown enough thus far to have people showing an interest, albeit perhaps not an "upwards" move.

Pugh, Wallace, Cameron I agree, minimal sell on though they are serving a purpose, the latter two in particular.

We seem to have hit about 50% on our loans. Not great, but could be worse if you remember the days of Maiga, Will Keane etc!
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:46 - Feb 2 with 1887 viewsRanger1208

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:19 - Feb 2 by Match82

Barbet Kane and Ball are/were 26 or younger and free transfers. I'd imagine each of them has shown enough thus far to have people showing an interest, albeit perhaps not an "upwards" move.

Pugh, Wallace, Cameron I agree, minimal sell on though they are serving a purpose, the latter two in particular.

We seem to have hit about 50% on our loans. Not great, but could be worse if you remember the days of Maiga, Will Keane etc!

For me, rather than blame FFP, can we stop letting in goals? I’m sure everyone is aware we’ve let in 54 goals in 30 games and just lost about 30% of our goal threat so for me let’s try something radical, you know try to defend competently.
Now I love Warburton to bits and I agree he’s done much better than expected. We have to recognise we ship preventable goals almost every game. So far with Well’s help we’ve managed to make the most of those games where 2 goals will get us points. Now he’s gone we’re not going to be as potent. We’re not gonna outscore the opposition as much.
We have good defenders who unfortunately are prone to at least one error a game. This is costing us but I feel Warburton hasn’t got to grips with it yet.
One last point, we’ve lost 2 games in a row. I think Huddersfield and Stoke will be crucial as lose both and we’re struggling. Sorry I know that’ll upset some who don’t think we’re in trouble but we have form in going on long losing runs.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:57 - Feb 2 with 1867 viewssmegma

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:05 - Feb 2 by paulparker

The fans have been supportive and I don’t think there was a mass of us saying we need to sign a load of players in the window the frustrating thing for me is yet again we started slow and didn’t get the fans on side from the off, people were booing yesterday as we were kicking passes into touch or just going sideways or back to the keeper , another back post free header for the opposition means we are always having to start playing at 1-0 down, the short corners that come to nothing time and time again this is why the fans are starting to go ape
We know the reality of our situation but downing tools in feb and wasting a 5th round cup game isn’t on, as Clive said we are paying good money to watch this
As much as I was against all of this ultra Crystal Palace thing we do need a singing section
People all around me yesterday were just chatting “where you going tonight” “ My piles are giving me gip “ are some of the conversations I heard , all around me it was just people nattering
I didn’t hear a cmon you Rrrsss until the 75th minute

'I don't think there was a mass of us saying ' ......have you been on the plethora QPR Facebook pages ?? One bloke slagged off Les for 'allowing Nahki to leave'...
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 18:10 - Feb 2 with 1845 viewsQPR_John

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 15:00 - Feb 2 by Ned_Kennedys

There is absolutely no chance the EFL have the bollocks to impose real punishments to those clubs. Prepare for meaningless point deductions at the end of this season once it becomes clear what is needed to affect the final positions as little as possible.

So true
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 18:18 - Feb 2 with 1829 viewsDannytheR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:09 - Feb 2 by Benny_the_Ball

As someone pointed out earlier, there is a difference between owners, the board and employees. Hoos is employed by the club and therefore follows the owners' directives. He does not have a free hand to do what he likes.

The owners decided to curtail investment so they have charged Lee with making the club more self-sustainable whilst keeping us in the division. They want the real reasons for their change in strategy kept under wraps so Lee focuses supporters' attention on FFP (even though investment in Warren Farm is exempt from FFP scrutiny), alleged fresh legal opposition (even though all legal channels have been exhausted) and, my personal favourite, starlings (who traditionally breed for just 3 months in spring yet have somehow managed to delay Warren Farm for 14 months). When supporters rightly ask questions Hoos pulls out his trump card - the enemy is still strong so I must keep my cards close to my chest. How utterly convenient, Lee.

Unfortunately threads like this one go to show that Lee's charm offensive and diversionary tactics are working on some. Perhaps these fans have little appetite for off-field issues and are just more comfortable with Lee's version? Fine that's your prerogative but please don't preach about the reality of the situation if your head is firmly buried in the sand.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 14:15]

Plenty of people see the FFP situation as directly down to the terrible financial mismanagement of the Tune group in the first place, so rather than it being a smokescreen, it's actually a constant ballaching reminder of how incompetent they were with both their *and our* money.

Plenty of awareness out there too that the board have been more than open to getting shot of the club for a long time. People know the reality is that we are hamstrung by FFP *and* the board no longer want to invest in the club. Do you want them to come out and publicly say they're desperate to cut their losses? Not sure it would help actually finding a buyer, although it *would* free them up to claw back a few million selling Eze and Bright for cut price fees as they will have had the chance to do last month and didn't.

I don't know what there is to argue about here. *Everyone* wants the current owners to sell up - us and them. As has been our problem since Richard Thompson at least, benevolent Shepherds Bush multi-millionaires with a lifelong ambition to own the club always seem sadly thin on the ground.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 18:20]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 19:16 - Feb 2 with 1737 viewsvegasranger

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:16 - Feb 2 by nix

I think Masterson is a cracking buy, as a replacement for Lynch, how could you complain? Dom Ball was cheap and has been improving over time. We needed a Luongo replacement and Amos is a budget version, though maybe not as good, he's been improving and was unlucky to be injured. Matt Smith on paper looked like a cracking signing, having done so much for FC Twente last season and highly rated by Man City. Mlakar was a disappointment, agreed. Wells and Hughill have scored some vital goals and we've really got them for a lot less than we could bought two proven strikers in for and we couldn't really risk two unproven strikers given our defence. Wallace is almost certainly a cheaper, and in my view, better left back than Bidwell.

We've slashed our wage bill, got some people in who may improve the team and might even have sell on value.

We've sold people for the first time in years to make profits: Smithies, Freeman and Furlong. Not as much money as we'd like yet but don't get why people are complaining now when Les and Hoos are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Masterton is a very good call !!
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 1716 views100percent

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 18:18 - Feb 2 by DannytheR

Plenty of people see the FFP situation as directly down to the terrible financial mismanagement of the Tune group in the first place, so rather than it being a smokescreen, it's actually a constant ballaching reminder of how incompetent they were with both their *and our* money.

Plenty of awareness out there too that the board have been more than open to getting shot of the club for a long time. People know the reality is that we are hamstrung by FFP *and* the board no longer want to invest in the club. Do you want them to come out and publicly say they're desperate to cut their losses? Not sure it would help actually finding a buyer, although it *would* free them up to claw back a few million selling Eze and Bright for cut price fees as they will have had the chance to do last month and didn't.

I don't know what there is to argue about here. *Everyone* wants the current owners to sell up - us and them. As has been our problem since Richard Thompson at least, benevolent Shepherds Bush multi-millionaires with a lifelong ambition to own the club always seem sadly thin on the ground.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 18:20]

I don't think think that there is any doubt that the owners are not prepared to invest any longer - however they are in a situation that to be able to sell on, they need the club to be an attractive proposition - to enable this they must a) solve their FFP situation b) the club become self supportive c) the club become synonymous with creating young players that can be sold on for more money - whilst simultaneously scouting players like Masterson, who we picked up from one of the bigger premiership clubs.
There is no overnight solution here - anyone that thinks the board walking away is the answer to the problems is in dreamland.
Warburton is doing a fantastic job under the circumstances - granted, we should concentrate on what the defensive coach is doing, but there are signs of real progression going on.
I trust Hoos and Ferdinand - this may come across as slightly deluded but for me there is a real tangible change at grass roots. On and off the pitch the right things are going on. I'm much more comfortable with my team than I was 2 or 3 years ago - it feels like us again.
With regard to Warren Farm and the new ground projects - I think these should hold fire until we prioritise getting the squad right and resolving the FFP situation.
All in all, not completely ideal - but signs of real improvement. If we can stay up and get over the line, I'm genuinely optimistic of what Warburton can achieve going forward.
Login to get fewer ads

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 1698 viewsRanger1208

Totally agree, there’s a lot spin going on and lot’s are buying it.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 20:57 - Feb 2 with 1653 viewsCamberleyR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:27 - Feb 2 by Benny_the_Ball

They also spent their own money; we did not receive half a billion from Sky.

As for signing players, the owners have to protect their investment by spending something to at least keep QPR in the Championship. We no longer have assets that owners can strip should the club be relegated.

Where's this half a billion figure been plucked from? We haven't spent anywhere near that.

This site seems to give broadly accurate transfer fees paid and received. Admittedly it doesn't list loans, and we certainly had a few of those in Redknapp's time, only permanent transfers.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/english-football-teams/quee

From 2011-12 when Fernandes arrived to 2016-17 when the taps were turned off, it says we had a net spend on transfer fees of approximately £53m. Are you saying we've spunked £450m in wages/signing on fees/loan fees/agents fees in that six year period? I don't think so, even with Hughes and Redknapp throwing money everywhere as managers during that spell.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 20:58]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 04:14 - Feb 3 with 1569 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:46 - Feb 2 by Match82

Comes across as very patronizing for someone who has as many facts as everyone else on this board. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

None of us knows much about the details of the WF stuff but we do know that Hoos et al have been successful in slashing the wage budget while keeping a competitive first team. He did what he said he would and has been extremely up front about it. So I'm willing to believe him on the stuff that none of us really know about. If the future shows that I'm being naive about that, so be it. Id rather give people the benefit of the doubt than go around being negative and cynical the whole time, you'll end up miserable spending every aspect of your life like that

You may have access to the same facts as I but you're choosing to ignore them because you want to see the good in people. You are being naïve and it's this naivety that's allowed successive owners to take advantage of our great club. If I see clear and obvious mismanagement, I will call it out. Why? Because I love the club and want to see it move forward. If you prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt the whole time, you'll end up miserable from being shafted on a regular basis.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 04:30 - Feb 3 with 1565 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 19:31 - Feb 2 by 100percent

I don't think think that there is any doubt that the owners are not prepared to invest any longer - however they are in a situation that to be able to sell on, they need the club to be an attractive proposition - to enable this they must a) solve their FFP situation b) the club become self supportive c) the club become synonymous with creating young players that can be sold on for more money - whilst simultaneously scouting players like Masterson, who we picked up from one of the bigger premiership clubs.
There is no overnight solution here - anyone that thinks the board walking away is the answer to the problems is in dreamland.
Warburton is doing a fantastic job under the circumstances - granted, we should concentrate on what the defensive coach is doing, but there are signs of real progression going on.
I trust Hoos and Ferdinand - this may come across as slightly deluded but for me there is a real tangible change at grass roots. On and off the pitch the right things are going on. I'm much more comfortable with my team than I was 2 or 3 years ago - it feels like us again.
With regard to Warren Farm and the new ground projects - I think these should hold fire until we prioritise getting the squad right and resolving the FFP situation.
All in all, not completely ideal - but signs of real improvement. If we can stay up and get over the line, I'm genuinely optimistic of what Warburton can achieve going forward.

MW is doing a great job under the circumstances but he will soon tire of working under such constraints and move elsewhere. To avoid this the board must either invest this summer or sell to someone who will.

I agree that a new stadium can wait but Warren Farm should be full steam ahead. Decent training facilities are crucial to developing the squad, therefore it is the priority. The owners have secured the land for peppercorn rent, all that's required now is to develop the facilities. They have the financial muscle to do so and this expenditure is exempt from FFP. Further delays will only play into the hands of those opposed to the project and increase the risk of QPR losing the site altogether.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 04:58 - Feb 3 with 1555 viewsMatch82

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 04:14 - Feb 3 by Benny_the_Ball

You may have access to the same facts as I but you're choosing to ignore them because you want to see the good in people. You are being naïve and it's this naivety that's allowed successive owners to take advantage of our great club. If I see clear and obvious mismanagement, I will call it out. Why? Because I love the club and want to see it move forward. If you prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt the whole time, you'll end up miserable from being shafted on a regular basis.

I feel Hoos and Ferdinand have done enough with the stuff I can see (wage bill, quality of squad) that I'm willing to trust them on the stuff I can't.

No more complicated than that.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 5:05]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 05:04 - Feb 3 with 1551 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 20:57 - Feb 2 by CamberleyR

Where's this half a billion figure been plucked from? We haven't spent anywhere near that.

This site seems to give broadly accurate transfer fees paid and received. Admittedly it doesn't list loans, and we certainly had a few of those in Redknapp's time, only permanent transfers.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/english-football-teams/quee

From 2011-12 when Fernandes arrived to 2016-17 when the taps were turned off, it says we had a net spend on transfer fees of approximately £53m. Are you saying we've spunked £450m in wages/signing on fees/loan fees/agents fees in that six year period? I don't think so, even with Hughes and Redknapp throwing money everywhere as managers during that spell.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 20:58]

Yes we have. Transfer fees accounts for only a fraction of the spending. Wages was almost £80m a season, then there's all the other costs associated with running a football club. Moving to austerity may have limited spending on new players however legacy contracts still had to be paid or paid off (pay offs alone accounted for £31m in 2014/15). How else do you think QPR ended up with debts of nearly £250m despite all the Sky TV money?

Here's an article written back in 2016 that goes into more detail on the numbers:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2016/05/queens-park-rangers-they-cant-buy.html
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 05:07 - Feb 3 with 1548 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 04:58 - Feb 3 by Match82

I feel Hoos and Ferdinand have done enough with the stuff I can see (wage bill, quality of squad) that I'm willing to trust them on the stuff I can't.

No more complicated than that.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 5:05]

Once again, please understand the difference between owners, board members and employees. Hoos and Ferdinand are employed by the club; they have little control over the stuff you can't see and I have little gripe with them.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 5:24]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 05:20 - Feb 3 with 1539 viewsMatch82

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 05:07 - Feb 3 by Benny_the_Ball

Once again, please understand the difference between owners, board members and employees. Hoos and Ferdinand are employed by the club; they have little control over the stuff you can't see and I have little gripe with them.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 5:24]

I don't think I (or anyone) has defended the owners at any point in this thread? Was simply responding to this which seemed to call out Hoos directly as well as imply that anyone who believed him was naive.

"When supporters rightly ask questions Hoos pulls out his trump card - the enemy is still strong so I must keep my cards close to my chest. How utterly convenient, Lee.

Unfortunately threads like this one go to show that Lee's charm offensive and diversionary tactics are working on some. Perhaps these fans have little appetite for off-field issues and are just more comfortable with Lee's version? Fine that's your prerogative but please don't preach about the reality of the situation if your head is firmly buried in the sand."
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 05:32 - Feb 3 with 1534 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 05:20 - Feb 3 by Match82

I don't think I (or anyone) has defended the owners at any point in this thread? Was simply responding to this which seemed to call out Hoos directly as well as imply that anyone who believed him was naive.

"When supporters rightly ask questions Hoos pulls out his trump card - the enemy is still strong so I must keep my cards close to my chest. How utterly convenient, Lee.

Unfortunately threads like this one go to show that Lee's charm offensive and diversionary tactics are working on some. Perhaps these fans have little appetite for off-field issues and are just more comfortable with Lee's version? Fine that's your prerogative but please don't preach about the reality of the situation if your head is firmly buried in the sand."

In cherry-picking statements you've missed the point. The issue is with the owners who moved from reckless spending to strict austerity and now want to sell up. Rather than be honest with supporters about their plans, they continue to piss-ball us with Warren Farm. They've employed a suave, smooth-talking charmer to convince fans that it's still on track but is being delayed by FFP, legal challenges and skylarks. I don't blame Hoos; he's getting paid to do a job but I don't buy it because the facts suggest otherwise.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:48]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:09 - Feb 3 with 1487 viewsnix

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 05:32 - Feb 3 by Benny_the_Ball

In cherry-picking statements you've missed the point. The issue is with the owners who moved from reckless spending to strict austerity and now want to sell up. Rather than be honest with supporters about their plans, they continue to piss-ball us with Warren Farm. They've employed a suave, smooth-talking charmer to convince fans that it's still on track but is being delayed by FFP, legal challenges and skylarks. I don't blame Hoos; he's getting paid to do a job but I don't buy it because the facts suggest otherwise.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:48]

I don't think they employed Hoos because he's a 'suave, smooth-talking charmer' which always suggests style over substance and is designed to be an insult. I think they chose him because he's pragmatic and can balance the books. He's managed to do that, as far as anyone reasonable could, has a good working relationship with our Director of Football, who in turn seems to have a good working relationship with our manager and youth team set up. All of which appears to be a much better set up than previously, when we had a load of disparate elements ploughing their own silo.

It's that joined up thinking that I like about our executive function these days (that governments always promised us but always laughably failed to achieve). We even have our youth team playing in a similar style to the first team, so they can slot in when required, and have less of a jump up when thrown in. Who'd have thunk it? I don't expect them to tell us everything that's going on behind the scenes. Why would they? It would only incense some of our fans. But the actual evidence shows we're a much better organised club than when Beard and Toni were running it, with the purse strings held by dodgy agents and such luminaries as Hughes and Redknapp.

As previously said, we're not daft, things are still not rosy, but all this Chicken Littling palls if it happens after every loss.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:22 - Feb 3 with 1462 viewscpgerber

Makes me more annoyed that we pissed away a chance at a bit of money in the FA Cup. I have no idea, but suppose we beat Wednesday and got the same draw, how much would that have meant in terms of extra income?

Also sounds like we are the only club running a tight budget. I sincerely hope others will be in the same position in the near future, the way they are spending now.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:24 - Feb 3 with 1456 viewsbosh67

Warburton is a wealthy man and a former city financial guru. Amit is a very wealthy man and loves the club and has its best interests at heart. In theory, the right ingredients for the two to lead a buy out at the end of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:42 - Feb 3 with 1343 viewsR_from_afar

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:21 - Feb 2 by WestbourneR

Absolutely right Davman. Yes FFP is there but I know for a fact from people that work with them that Fernandes & Co want to sell the club and have turned the taps off. Hence not a digger in site at Warren Farm. FFP is actually an extremely convenient excuse for them to stop investing.

I don’t blame them, they’ve wasted their half a billion and don’t want to waste any more but they should stop hanging on for property deal pipe dream and sell up and let us move on.

Warburton is doing an exceptional job but it’ll grind him down eventually if we can literally never invest.

I don't mean to be stir things up but what is your source for this comment?
"Absolutely right Davman. Yes FFP is there but I know for a fact from people that work with them that Fernandes & Co want to sell the club and have turned the taps off. Hence not a digger in site at Warren Farm".

Also, the bird related issue at Warren Farm was to do with skylarks, not starlings.

If the current owners do want to sell, I expect many of you will be overjoyed. We would do well to remember that no owner can guarantee success and that we could end up with even worse owners. There are quite a few examples around.

It's never dull here, is it?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:00 - Feb 3 with 1294 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:25 - Feb 2 by Rangersw12

I'm no accountant and probably got this wrong but looking at last 3 years accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03197756/filing-history

We have lost around £31,000,000 million the last 3 years and this year the 2016 loss of 8.5 million will come off this 3 YEAR cycle of FFP so as unless we have lost over 17 million ( can lose £39,000,000 over 3 years ) we should have some breathing room in the summer and if you add potential sale of Eze be in a decent position ?

Good point even though it doesn't take into account that the accounts lodged with Companies House are not FFP calculations which allow some exemptions, such as spending on infrastructure. Crude example - if the books show loses of £31m over 3 years but £11m was spent on FFP-exempt items then the FL will consider the loss to be £20m. Still your underlying point is firm; there should be some headroom for squad investment in the summer (provided the current owners are willing to spend).
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:11 - Feb 3 with 1284 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:32 - Feb 2 by DejR_vu

That pre-supposes the owners want to pump more money in. So, I agree we’ll have more headroom, but that doesn’t mean we’ll have the cash to spend to utilise it.

True but if the owners don't utilise it in the summer it will:
(1) show that they have lost interest in QPR
(2) increase the odds of relegation (which would make the club a less attractive proposition to a potential buyer and result in a fire sale of our best talent)
(3) make Hoos appear foolish/disingenuous as he clearly stated at the fans forum that there is headroom for investment in the squad
(4) risk alienating and losing MW

If they do utilise it then the key will be how as the squad clearly requires bolstering but there is only so long they can delay Warren Farm.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 14:15]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 20:19 - Feb 3 with 1161 viewsRoller

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:25 - Feb 2 by Rangersw12

I'm no accountant and probably got this wrong but looking at last 3 years accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03197756/filing-history

We have lost around £31,000,000 million the last 3 years and this year the 2016 loss of 8.5 million will come off this 3 YEAR cycle of FFP so as unless we have lost over 17 million ( can lose £39,000,000 over 3 years ) we should have some breathing room in the summer and if you add potential sale of Eze be in a decent position ?

I think that you are just quoting the operating losses rather than total loss.

2015/16 the loss was £11m - but we had the benefit of a parachute payment of £25.9m
2016/17 the loss was £6.5m - but with the benefit of a parachute payment of £31.2m
2017/18 the loss was £37.5m - which includes our total FFP fine and costs, but with the benefit of a £16.6m parachute payment.
The 2018/19 accounts due to be published this month will contain the last of our parachutes payments (also £16.6m).
This season we just have to make do with the basic award and solidarity payment.
I think that looking at the figures without factoring in the parachute payments gives a misleading picture.

If you are brave enough, have another read of this where I tried to lay all this out

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50430/tough-battle
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:24 - Feb 4 with 1027 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 20:19 - Feb 3 by Roller

I think that you are just quoting the operating losses rather than total loss.

2015/16 the loss was £11m - but we had the benefit of a parachute payment of £25.9m
2016/17 the loss was £6.5m - but with the benefit of a parachute payment of £31.2m
2017/18 the loss was £37.5m - which includes our total FFP fine and costs, but with the benefit of a £16.6m parachute payment.
The 2018/19 accounts due to be published this month will contain the last of our parachutes payments (also £16.6m).
This season we just have to make do with the basic award and solidarity payment.
I think that looking at the figures without factoring in the parachute payments gives a misleading picture.

If you are brave enough, have another read of this where I tried to lay all this out

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50430/tough-battle

And doesn't take into account what losses count towards FFP calculations. For example, the Football League will not include the FFP fine in its calculations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024