Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? 20:42 - Feb 4 with 4276 viewsbosh67

Just thinking if we really do have problems up front or anywhere else can we bring in out of contract players?

Was just looking at a story on Marcus Pedersen who is still only 29. Scored 42 goals in 83 games, admittedly over a number of seasons for his previous club abut barely played last year. But there are a few useful goal scorers knocking around without a club. Maybe Oteh can step up but there are a few players out there without a team who may come in short term for peanuts to get some games.

Just a thought.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 08:13 - Feb 6 with 936 viewsfrancisbowles

Surprised to see Tom Carroll in that list, thought he was regularly in the match day squad for Swansea.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 8:16]
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 08:37 - Feb 6 with 898 viewsenfieldargh

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 08:13 - Feb 6 by francisbowles

Surprised to see Tom Carroll in that list, thought he was regularly in the match day squad for Swansea.

He and Tom Clarke will be able to go home together after training

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 10:48 - Feb 6 with 783 viewsOldPedro

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 08:13 - Feb 6 by francisbowles

Swansea released him a couple of weeks ago

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 11:19 - Feb 6 with 732 viewsflynnbo

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 16:28 - Feb 5 by Maggsinho

Think he was driving a black cab a few years ago.

Did have his own business a while ago as I saw his van at Legoland in the public car park-heating, I think.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 13:47 - Feb 6 with 605 viewsderbyhoop

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:56 - Feb 5 by smegma

U23s have kept more clean sheets than the first team.

That's hardly a ringing endorsement.

I know you see a lot of U23 games.
Have you seen Denzeyi play, yet?
If we sign him, it seems like a good move for all parties - not quite good enough for PL, young, in a position where we are short. Similar career, so far, to Masterson.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 21:31 - Feb 6 with 491 viewswestberksr

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 14:24 - Feb 5 by WestbourneR

As someone who came to Rangers as a kid in the early 90s I think I kind of missed or misunderstood the Maddix thing.

For me it was always McDonald and Peacock at the back. Then, after Peacock left, I started reading about this legendary man-marker Danny Maddix - but all I ever saw was Maddix getting mugged off by Les Ferdinand in Newcastle shirt - and then be part of the team that went down.

He must have been brilliant though as so many of you rave about him as a legend.

Maddix was so effective, but in such a subtle way that he'd snuff out opposition players just by being in the way, tight to them, reading a ball and intercepting.

Not a noisy chest thumping centre back and not particularly big, but brave, strong and quietly destructive. From what I recall he was reasonably quick across the ground for a defender too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024