Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that blow your mind 19:13 - Feb 6 with 2669 viewsqprxtc

When I was a kid, on the very few occasions I had trouble getting to sleep I used to imagine I was on a spaceship all on my own travelling through the deep, darkness of space. I would then think what would happen if nothing existed. Would I be aware of it, if not what is my consciousness, is it my mind or my soul? Do they exist really? So if they don’t then neither does anything.

Then my 5 year old brain would conk out instantly. Overload. Still works today.

What is being alive about? Does my soul exist or is it just some electricity weaving around my brain box?

God only knows.
Things that blow your mind on 09:52 - Feb 7 with 870 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Apple Trees.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Things that blow your mind on 10:25 - Feb 7 with 832 viewsdannyblue

Things that blow your mind on 09:50 - Feb 7 by qprxtc

I’d never known about that before but its bloomin perceptive.

Your 5 year old self was bloomin perceptive, channelling a millennia pf metaphysix
Things that blow your mind on 11:29 - Feb 7 with 787 viewsMick_S

A really good steak pie.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Things that blow your mind on 12:58 - Feb 7 with 738 viewsBoston

Things that blow your mind on 07:41 - Feb 7 by Konk

The pork pies we had as part of our picnics when I was a kid were absolutely poking - 60% 'meat', 30% minging jelly and 10% greasy pastry. However, my mate brought a pork pie into work from some posh butchers in East Dulwich and it completely changed my view of them. If you spend a bit of money, a pork pie with a dab of mustard is a thing of great beauty (although I still get shot of most of the jelly).

I have rarely been as content with life as I was one midweek afternoon, sat in the Southampton Arms, NW5; Neil Young on the record player, a pint of something lovely, the sun pouring in, crossword, and a gorgeous pork pie on the go with a dollop of Colmans on the side...bliss. One of the few things that I miss since I stopped eating meat, as our local butcher does great pork pies and I walk past them four times a day.

If you think the butchers pies are good, you should try the barbers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Things that blow your mind on 13:10 - Feb 7 with 727 viewsBoston

I once dwelt on the Highgate Rd, Parliament Hill Fields, often popped into the Southampton, quite liked the place but so many choices around there back then....
I also met Ms O’Connor when she first arrived in London. A chap I knew had a big apartment in Islington, lived on his own so, as a favour to the record company let her stay for a while. We did not find her to be either nice nor sociable.

Things that blow your mind on 13:17 - Feb 7 with 712 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Things that blow your mind on 11:29 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

A really good steak pie.

Yesterday I had my first steak 'n' kidney pie since QPR drew 3-3 at Barnsley in 2004. I don't what I enjoyed more - the pie itself or the look on my vegetarian wife's face.
Things that blow your mind on 14:01 - Feb 7 with 682 viewssmegma

Things that blow your mind on 09:22 - Feb 7 by ted_hendrix

Hawkwind gig at Reading top rank Nineteen something, the band walked on stage and handed out handfuls of spliffs to the audience and then blew the place away including me and the missus, we all traveled through space that night.

Cheech And Chong "Basketball Jones"

The journey home from Old Trafford on one of Mel's coaches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cold turkey.

Just say no

First band I saw live. Portobello Green , under the Westway in 1972. I was 8 at the time.
Things that blow your mind on 14:10 - Feb 7 with 674 viewshubble

Things that blow your mind on 13:10 - Feb 7 by Boston

I once dwelt on the Highgate Rd, Parliament Hill Fields, often popped into the Southampton, quite liked the place but so many choices around there back then....
I also met Ms O’Connor when she first arrived in London. A chap I knew had a big apartment in Islington, lived on his own so, as a favour to the record company let her stay for a while. We did not find her to be either nice nor sociable.

I once painted Ms O'Connor's bedroom (that's not a euphemism) when she had a big house on Garway Road, off Westbourne Grove. I found her to be both nice and sociable....

Things that blow my mind include considering how, after 4.5 billion years, we have 'evolved' to the point of half of humanity being obsessed with utterly puerile, trivial nonsense and the stark mundanity of a grimy litter-strewn street in any god-forsaken town you'd care to name.... On the other hand, rainclouds drifting, seascapes, mountains, nature and the sheer ingenuity of humanity are among the many things that also blow my mind...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Things that blow your mind on 14:15 - Feb 7 with 664 views2Thomas2Bowles

Things that blow your mind on 14:10 - Feb 7 by hubble

I once painted Ms O'Connor's bedroom (that's not a euphemism) when she had a big house on Garway Road, off Westbourne Grove. I found her to be both nice and sociable....

Things that blow my mind include considering how, after 4.5 billion years, we have 'evolved' to the point of half of humanity being obsessed with utterly puerile, trivial nonsense and the stark mundanity of a grimy litter-strewn street in any god-forsaken town you'd care to name.... On the other hand, rainclouds drifting, seascapes, mountains, nature and the sheer ingenuity of humanity are among the many things that also blow my mind...

We live on an amazing planet in an amazing universe.

Sadly infested with ever-growing human parasites.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Things that blow your mind on 14:50 - Feb 7 with 633 viewsBoston

Apologies if mentioned before, but did you know Freddie Reynolds, Kissing the Pink among other things?

Things that blow your mind on 14:52 - Feb 7 with 631 viewshubble

Things that blow your mind on 14:50 - Feb 7 by Boston

Apologies if mentioned before, but did you know Freddie Reynolds, Kissing the Pink among other things?

Don't think so mate.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Things that blow your mind on 17:31 - Feb 7 with 553 viewsR_from_afar

Cuckoos. No, not you lot, the birds. How do they know that they need to migrate, and where to go to, when they are brought up by another species, a random one at that, given that the species of the foster birds varies?

Mind blown, well, mine is, at least.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Things that blow your mind on 21:16 - Feb 7 with 489 viewsCiderwithRsie

I always remember a piece by the late Miles Kington. It was just after a solar eclipse visible across most of Britain. He said that like everyone else he'd got one of those little cardboard doofers to observe the thing in and it was all amazing etc.

Then he thought: "Hang on, it's actually a lot less impressive to look at than the sun coming up or going down, and both of those happen happen every bloody day, we just hardly ever bother to look at them."

I also think that if ordinary cats were as rare as, I dunno, giant pandas or something, we'd all think them the most amazingly beautiful and graceful creature in nature, and would be astonished at the idea of being able to own one and have it sit on your lap purring.
Things that blow your mind on 21:39 - Feb 7 with 478 viewsBoston

Walk the 'attack dog' every day. Just as I got home this evening a very strong gust of wind came totally out of nowhere, said to Mrs B that the promised storm was about to hit. Only takes five minutes to get to my preferred area of forestry and notice as I pull up that the 70/80' trees are 'dancing'. Still, one must be British about things like this so I set off grimly determined into the woods....SNAP. Tree breaks about six foot up from the ground and falls right in front of me. My mind and the tree have been blown.

Things that blow your mind on 16:43 - Feb 9 with 382 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Things that blow your mind on 17:31 - Feb 7 by R_from_afar

Cuckoos. No, not you lot, the birds. How do they know that they need to migrate, and where to go to, when they are brought up by another species, a random one at that, given that the species of the foster birds varies?

Mind blown, well, mine is, at least.

I'd appreciate if they had a word with those pesky skylarks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024