Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Clarke 11:44 - Feb 26 with 4339 viewsGloucs_R

Has anyone seen enough of this lad to understand exactly why we brought him in on loan? Couldn't get into the Leeds team and now can't get into our team either, what was the point of this loan? Do you think there has been an agreement with Tottenham somewhere behind the scenes and they requested that he came on loan to us?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jack Clarke on 16:47 - Feb 27 with 946 viewsTacticalR

Misery guts Mourinho shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Eze.

Air hostess clique

Jack Clarke on 09:35 - Feb 28 with 795 viewsBlue_Castello

Jack Clarke on 16:37 - Feb 26 by NorthantsHoop

I agree he looks better on the left than right. You can see his confidence is low.Probably in a bit of a daze as a youngster although a very well paid daze. Finds himself signing for Spurs they send him back to Leeds and then to us on loan. In one of our last attacks last night when BOS got away and fired across from the left, trying similar to Stoke goal, Clarke was free on the right if BOS had squared it to him sure he would have buried it and that would have got his confidence up. In a way his predicament is a bit of a wake up call for our talents such as Eze and BOS to ensure when they move to a Prem club, they make a sensible choice. But sometimes these things are not always in their hands.

Agree with your comments but I thought when BOS got down the left and I think had two defenders with him he was always struggling and decided to put in a cross to the six yard box. Clarke was standing on his heels waiting, hoping BOS would deliver the ball to his feet, in that situation surely he should have gambled and got into the six yard box.

Clarke looked lightweight to say the least but then he was taking over from BOS on the right just in front of us and it was like chalk and cheese,think that's applicable. Clarke looks incredibly nervous and almost frightened to be holding the ball and couldn't take on his defender. When we have Shodipo who is our player and better I'm struggling to understand why he's not on the bench in front of Clarke, let's not forget we have Paul Smyth out on loan who also looks better.

Bottom line Clarke deserves his chance once we are mathematically safe but I've not seen anything yet to say he's worth a fraction of the transfer Spurs paid, if he can only play on the left then he is very limited but it's early days in his career and he has to learn somewhere.
Jack Clarke on 11:49 - Feb 28 with 732 viewsNorthantsHoop

Jack Clarke on 09:35 - Feb 28 by Blue_Castello

Agree with your comments but I thought when BOS got down the left and I think had two defenders with him he was always struggling and decided to put in a cross to the six yard box. Clarke was standing on his heels waiting, hoping BOS would deliver the ball to his feet, in that situation surely he should have gambled and got into the six yard box.

Clarke looked lightweight to say the least but then he was taking over from BOS on the right just in front of us and it was like chalk and cheese,think that's applicable. Clarke looks incredibly nervous and almost frightened to be holding the ball and couldn't take on his defender. When we have Shodipo who is our player and better I'm struggling to understand why he's not on the bench in front of Clarke, let's not forget we have Paul Smyth out on loan who also looks better.

Bottom line Clarke deserves his chance once we are mathematically safe but I've not seen anything yet to say he's worth a fraction of the transfer Spurs paid, if he can only play on the left then he is very limited but it's early days in his career and he has to learn somewhere.

Totally agree with the points you make on Clarke and yes Shodipo should be getting more game time. Must admit though we have some great attacking talent at Rangers at the the moment and a very good manager at last.
Jack Clarke on 12:07 - Feb 28 with 704 viewsWestbourneR

Jack Clarke on 11:49 - Feb 28 by NorthantsHoop

Totally agree with the points you make on Clarke and yes Shodipo should be getting more game time. Must admit though we have some great attacking talent at Rangers at the the moment and a very good manager at last.

Shodipo definitely needs to get some games. I think people forget how good he was under JFH before Ollie bombed him out, as he tended to do randomly.

We should forget Clarke - we're not going up we're not going down - why waste games polishing up someone else's player?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Jack Clarke on 12:22 - Feb 28 with 694 viewsenfieldargh

Jack Clarke on 12:07 - Feb 28 by WestbourneR

Shodipo definitely needs to get some games. I think people forget how good he was under JFH before Ollie bombed him out, as he tended to do randomly.

We should forget Clarke - we're not going up we're not going down - why waste games polishing up someone else's player?

Theres always something that a manager does that leaves you scratching your head.

Steve Burtenshaw's completely ignoring the sublime Glen Roeder and please dont mention Stewart Houston's opinion that Paulo Wanchope was not what we needed

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Jack Clarke on 14:05 - Feb 28 with 613 viewsStatesideRanger

Jack Clarke on 12:22 - Feb 28 by enfieldargh

Theres always something that a manager does that leaves you scratching your head.

Steve Burtenshaw's completely ignoring the sublime Glen Roeder and please dont mention Stewart Houston's opinion that Paulo Wanchope was not what we needed

I'm actually thinking / hoping taking him on loan this season more or less sets us to take him back on loan next season. I don't think he'll be anywhere near cracking spuds squad next season, so see the distinct possibility that he is up for another loan, so would make sense for them to put him back into a situation / environment he is comfortable with.

With Eze for sure going out, Chair taking his slot, and the potential of losing BOS, it should open up some quality minutes for Clarke on the wing.
Jack Clarke on 14:09 - Feb 28 with 612 viewsqprd

Jack Clarke on 12:07 - Feb 28 by WestbourneR

The last sentence captures my sentiments 100%

Shodipos debut was against Leeds in August 2016. He was so good that day that Gary Monk actually subbed off his first choice rightback in the 30th minute (of the opening game of the season!!)

He was really good under JFH, and progressing very well, but fell out of favor when Ollie came in in November. Ollie bizarrely brought him on as a sub in his first match in charge against Norwich (where Norwich had a man sent off in the 1st minute of the match). He fell asleep defensively and was partially responsible for the goal we conceded (we still won). Ollie criticized him in the press, and we really havent seen much of him since. He's had a few bad injuries though

The biggest travesty of the Clarke signing is how it has hampered Shodipo. He literally scratched and clawed his way back into the first team- he got a few sub appearances and made the bench in January. Since Clarke was signed, Shodipo has basically been dropped from even the bench.

What a shame- a young player overcomes adversity to earn back his spot in the first team only to lose it to another club's academy player... does not make sense and sends the wrong message
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 14:10]
Jack Clarke on 14:37 - Feb 28 with 585 viewsingeminate

Jack Clarke on 10:35 - Feb 27 by smegma

Because that's what our fans do. Make up a story, then people believe it because it's on the internet.

See my comments on the Eze thread.

In the spirit of making things up, could be a challenging move coming in to a club with two similarly aged players in Eze and BOS who my guess is are earning a fraction of what Clarke is on.
Hard in any walk of life not to be a bit resentful, there's Clarke who's got his big money move to Spurs, earning a shed load and so far not a patch on our two. Meanwhile Eze and BOS have had bids turned down for (my guess is) a big old jump in their salary.

I know I know, cry me a river, they're still earning a shed load, they are getting regular football, they will end getting their big money moves, just feel it could be a tricky dressing room to come in to for Clarke.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024