Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island 23:54 - Mar 27 with 1188 viewsflynnbo

Anybody watch this tonight on BBC4? A fascinating glimpse of the British rock scene of the 60s and early 70s. Highly recommended viewing imo.
Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 00:25 - Mar 28 with 1163 viewsBoston

Eel Pie Island, just before my time, always interested when older blokes I knew would talk about the place.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 00:28 - Mar 28 with 1157 viewsqprxtc

Nope
Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 00:58 - Mar 28 with 1140 viewsozexile

Hope it comes over here to Oz. I grew up in St. Margarets and it's an iconic place.
Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 10:26 - Mar 28 with 985 viewsfrancisbowles

Think it hosted it's last gig in 1969 so I missed it by about five years.

I used to walk from Hounslow West to the Winning Post in Twickenham for gigs around 1974/5 saw Thin Lizzy there four times as well as Heavy Metal Kids (Gary Holton), Sutherland Brothers and Quiver, Budgie etc.

Great small venue, really close to the band, not too busy, although the crowd got bigger every time for Phil and da boys, and not squalid as a modern building. Still get a sense of nostalgia as I drive past it and have even stayed there a couple of times as it is now a Premier Inn.
Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 14:47 - Mar 28 with 846 viewssmegma

Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 00:58 - Mar 28 by ozexile

Hope it comes over here to Oz. I grew up in St. Margarets and it's an iconic place.

You want Eel Pie Island transported to Australia???

This isn't the surrealist thread
Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 22:57 - Mar 28 with 717 viewsLoftgirl

Rock and Roll island-Eel Pie Island on 10:26 - Mar 28 by francisbowles

Think it hosted it's last gig in 1969 so I missed it by about five years.

I used to walk from Hounslow West to the Winning Post in Twickenham for gigs around 1974/5 saw Thin Lizzy there four times as well as Heavy Metal Kids (Gary Holton), Sutherland Brothers and Quiver, Budgie etc.

Great small venue, really close to the band, not too busy, although the crowd got bigger every time for Phil and da boys, and not squalid as a modern building. Still get a sense of nostalgia as I drive past it and have even stayed there a couple of times as it is now a Premier Inn.

I saw the Heavy Metal Kids there a few times too. I loved 'em. Good venue too. I also saw Manfred Mann's Earthband. I thought I was going to see Thin Lizzy, but I was a week early.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024