Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My dad 22:25 - Apr 8 with 7673 viewsbosh67

My dad, Paul passed away this morning at Watford General Hospital from cancer and Coved19. I hadn't been able to see him for 3 weeks because the hospital couldn't allow visitors, which I totally understand. He managed to hold on long enough to wish me happy birthday on the phone yesterday, for which I will always be truly grateful.

My dad took me to my first QPR game when I was 5 and we sat side by side at QPR through the bad times, the even worse times, the just plain awful times and the occasional amazing and 'why we all love QPR' times. 46 years we sat together with my dad asking me why certain substitutions had been made and others not, and why the manager had no idea what he was doing. But we loved it and it was so lovely to be with my dad sharing that. Even over the last year when my dad wasn't so feeling so good we would talk after every game and talk every day about what was going on at the club. He really loved Rangers and win lose or draw we just loved being there watching the game with all the great people we got to know around us. I have missed it and will miss it a lot.

The doctors, nurses, surgeons and everyone who looked after my dad are putting their lives on the line for us and I just wanted to recognise, having seen it all first hand, what an amazing group of people they are. Coved19 is really evil. Really evil. I've been stuck in 2 A&E lock downs and it really is a plague.

I will miss being at games with my dad but I have been lucky to spend so much of my life with him at our wonderful club.

Please stay safe out there everyone.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My dad on 19:02 - Apr 9 with 1095 viewsdanehoop

Bosh,

I am so gutted for you.

I lost my father some years ago and I always remember both the sadness of his passing, but also the joy of having had the pleasure of his company for as long as I did.

My thoughts are with you.

Never knowingly understood

My dad on 19:12 - Apr 9 with 1083 viewsEastR

Sorry for your loss

Treasure that last call and keep those memories

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

My dad on 19:18 - Apr 9 with 1075 viewsBasingstokeR

So Sorry Bosh RIP

Also ...I’ve somehow just downvoted your post in error mainly cos of the water in my eyes.
My dad on 20:04 - Apr 9 with 1053 viewscollegeranger

RIP Paul. Stay strong Bosh
My dad on 21:29 - Apr 9 with 996 viewsWokingham_r

Condolences for your loss Bosh
RIP Paul
My dad on 21:40 - Apr 9 with 979 viewsTripleR

My condolences to you and your family.
My dad on 22:33 - Apr 9 with 956 viewsStanisgod

Terrible news, stay strong and safe and treasure the memories.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

My dad on 07:17 - Apr 10 with 914 viewssmegma

Login to get fewer ads

My dad on 07:24 - Apr 10 with 911 viewsHayesender

Sorry for your loss mate. RIP to your dad, and much love to you and your family x

Poll: Shamima Beghum

My dad on 07:58 - Apr 10 with 891 viewsGloucs_R

Sorry to hear that Bosh. I'm glad you got to talk to him though, hold on to that forever.

The sun sets but the love continues.

Poll: Are we staying up?

My dad on 08:17 - Apr 10 with 879 viewshook_hoops

Sincere condolences to you. You can always treasure those wonderful times spent with your dad at LR.

RIP.
My dad on 10:02 - Apr 10 with 849 viewsDylanP

Really sorry for your loss, Bosh. That was a moving tribute and your shared passion shines through. QPR has been a common joy between me and my Dad ever since he took me to my first game in 1973. Even now, when we live on different continents, I always speak to him after the game to discuss the game and the latest developments. Its a rare thing to have such a lasting shared experience. Stay well and be safe

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

My dad on 22:10 - Apr 10 with 794 viewsTacticalR

A very touching tribute to your dad. You'll always have those good memories to hold on to.

Air hostess clique

My dad on 08:19 - Apr 11 with 736 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Very sorry to hear of your loss
May your father RIP
Beautiful words
My thoughts and prayers are with your family, stay strong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024