Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2010/2011 Rewind 13:18 - Apr 12 with 2106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Part 1 on at the moment.
Part 2 on later.

We've scored so many already that we've had to change the commentator mid-match. Twice.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2010/2011 Rewind on 08:48 - Apr 21 with 279 viewsTheChef

2010/2011 Rewind on 17:59 - Apr 20 by A40Bosh

Finished watching that season review at the weekend and there were the odd tear or two in the eye towards the end. I really loved that whole season. Started me thinking about how consistently good we were that season and even when we were not so good we often still ground out a result or a draw even away from home. So I had a delve back at the squad for that year and looked at the stats.

Generally we relied on 20 core players for the season and had 6 players who played over 40 appearances that season. Then you had Bradley Orr who would have had a lot more had we not signed Kyle Walker or conversely Kyle would have had a lot more if we had extended his loan. It shows that if you can get a consistent core spine to a team who are settled and know each other it must go a long way to helping achieve consistent results.

1 Paddy Kenny (44)
2 Bradley Orr (29) / Kyle Walker (20)
3 Kaspars Gorkss (42)
4 Matt Connolly (33) / Fitz Hall (12)
5 Clint Hill (44)
6 Alejandro Faurlin (40)
7 Sean Derry (45)
8 Jamie Mackie (25) / Hogan Ephraim (19)
9 Adel Tarrabt (43)
10 Tommy Smith (23) / Wayne Routledge (20)
11 Heidar Helguson (32) / Hulse / Agyemang*

*It seems if you believe the Wikipedia stats that Rob Hulse was a preferred starter replacement for Heidar - he apparently started 12 times - when Heidar didn't start and Agyemang was used as a sub albeit he is listed as having 19 sub appearances that season. Either way it is irrelevant as both of them only managed two goals.

Will we ever see the likes of it again :-)

(Ok, I gone a bit 'Stato' during the lock down and the counting QPR players from this season or 2010/2011 instead of sheep when I cant sleep has kicked in again. I just hope the sleepless problems don't get as bad as they were back then when I found myself able to recant the scores in my head in order for all 46 games. 4-0, 3-0, 2-0, 2-2, 3-0 ......zzzzzzzzzzzzz

The other thing Warnock did (which so many other managers fail to do) is play players in their best positions.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

2010/2011 Rewind on 09:51 - Apr 21 with 249 viewsterryb

I'm still struggling to understand why Warnock was suck a fan of Hulse.

I assume he played better for other clubs, but his finishing was worse than Washington & without the workrate!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024