Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ike Ugbo 10:08 - May 11 with 4317 viewsstevec

Eyeing , yes eyeing, for £2.5 mill. Who he?
Ike Ugbo on 10:23 - May 12 with 1016 viewsTGRRRSSS

In terms of Pirces and money players might get - I think many of them are going to have a huge shock as I think there will be many players out of contract and finding clubs arent able to do what might have been possible just a few months ago.

Of course the very few at the top will be different but outside of the PL really - and even then there could be trouble if they don't agree something - I think players will have to downgrade some of their expectations, as such we could be in a better position than you think.
Ike Ugbo on 12:02 - May 12 with 930 viewsderbyhoop

Ike Ugbo on 10:23 - May 12 by TGRRRSSS

In terms of Pirces and money players might get - I think many of them are going to have a huge shock as I think there will be many players out of contract and finding clubs arent able to do what might have been possible just a few months ago.

Of course the very few at the top will be different but outside of the PL really - and even then there could be trouble if they don't agree something - I think players will have to downgrade some of their expectations, as such we could be in a better position than you think.

Up to a point I'd agree with your last sentence.
But, and it's a big but, any activity planned for this Summer was dependant on selling 1 (or more) of the young players for a big fee. I think it's unlikely that even the top PL clubs will be lashing out big bucks on the possibility that Eze or BOS would be able to step up to the higher level. Certainly not on the level mooted in early March.

Because we've gone a long way to getting our house in order, we may be able to attract players and pay them less than they would have been hoping for.
And I'd be surprised if any incomer cost us millions nor managed to command a wage in excess of £10k per week.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ike Ugbo on 16:43 - May 12 with 843 viewsLazyFan

Also, any player on big monies is unlikely to want to move even on the last year of their contract as no other club can offer what they are on now.

For example, BFG may end up staying now unless he will take a pay cut.

zzzzzzzzzz

Ike Ugbo on 17:47 - May 12 with 793 viewsTGRRRSSS

Also loads of money goes into football via other business associations, sponsorship etc, I guess alot of those won't be interested for a while as most industries going to be affected.

Anybody in contract is a different case but my comments our on out of contract players.
Ike Ugbo on 04:08 - May 13 with 686 viewstimcocking

2.5 mil? Really? I can never work out what they are doing at this club. One moment we release the best keeper in the league for almost nothing, then the next moment...
[Post edited 13 May 2020 4:10]
Ike Ugbo on 09:31 - May 13 with 623 viewskingo

Ike Ugbo on 04:08 - May 13 by timcocking

2.5 mil? Really? I can never work out what they are doing at this club. One moment we release the best keeper in the league for almost nothing, then the next moment...
[Post edited 13 May 2020 4:10]

I think it is called FFP or something similar. We needed to sell to comply then and we are in a better situation now.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 9:40]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Ike Ugbo on 11:29 - May 13 with 562 viewstimcocking

Ike Ugbo on 09:31 - May 13 by kingo

I think it is called FFP or something similar. We needed to sell to comply then and we are in a better situation now.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 9:40]

Allegedly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024