Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycs departs TMS 22:03 - Jun 5 with 4213 viewsBlackCrowe

Nooooo....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/white-male-tory-sir-geoffrey-boycott-facing-e

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Boycs departs TMS on 13:49 - Jun 6 with 798 viewseastside_r

Not sure why they needed to politicise this, whether it is GB or the Times doing this. He is an older man in the risk category with a history of serious illness (cancer.) I think his technical analysis is amongst the best but I think that his powers are waning. I don’t think he should have been brought back after the wife-beating conviction. Time to move on — as they say.

Interesting as usual to see the range of views on here of the other commentators. From my own point of view.

Blofeld — could not stand. Hated his ridiculous voice. Where once his musing on pigeons and buses were acceptable whimsy, he became a parody of himself. Was also of the Brian Moore ‘I thought for a moment that’ school of commentary. Basically, misreading the situation and not be able to keep quiet about it.

Agnew — an excellent all-round broadcaster if a bit up himself sometimes. Really enjoy his commentary.

Viv Marks — sublime.

Graeme Swann — crazy bowler, crazy guy.

Ebony R-B — could listen to her all day, every day.
Boycs departs TMS on 14:19 - Jun 6 with 745 viewsHunterhoop

Boycs departs TMS on 10:43 - Jun 6 by SonofNorfolt

I'd put Isa Guha up as a contestant in the world's sexiest voice competition, could be a close run thing with Cerys Matthews and Penelope Cruz.

Yeah, her voice is honey. She’s the full package: nice, kind, knowledgeable, experienced, and obviously very good looking.

I can’t stand Boycott; he shouldn’t get a free pass because “that’s who he is” logic. He’s arrogant, patronising, beat his wife, and adds little insight, IMO. Why would I want to listen to that person?

Vaughan is a prize pillock. No self awareness, arrogant beyond comparison, smarmy, see through pretend sincerity, self absorbed...and everything he says in the interest of the sports management agency he wants (e.g player on books should be called up articles all the time).

Aggers has gone to far up how own arse too.

Whilst people don’t want to admit it, and it’s not god the sport isn’t on terrestrial, Sky have nailed cricket. Their coverage is the best coverage of any sport going, IMO.

Hussain and Key are very smart and love the game. Holding is brilliant. Gower is smooth. Botham - a far better cricketer than Boycott - brings the obstinance when needed, and Bumble is great fun, knowingly self deprecating but loves the game too. It sounds silly, but I think there’s less ego in that team. Trescothick, Butcher, Ward, Knight all good too when they’re on it, although Knight could be a little more enthusiastic. But they’ve nailed it.

As an aside a couple of blokes at my cricket club work on the production crew and they have at least twice managed to get the pundits to record a segment analysing footage of a person (for a leaving do, Birthday, etc) at the club, ripping them to shreds in a professional yet funny manner, stopping the tape, highlighting technical flaws, etc. Must take some time, and there’s nothing in for them, but indicates they care about those who care about the game or at least are happy to help out the crew.

Just can’t see Aggers, Vaughan or Boycott bothering with that stuff.

Sky’s team on Free to View TV would be the dream.

Edit: apart from Charles Colville, the bias Surrey git.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 14:21]
Boycs departs TMS on 14:39 - Jun 6 with 725 viewsDiscodroids

I forgot, I don't mind Rob Key. He seems to have a sense of humour compared to many on Sky who have about as much sense of humour as a lump of depleted uranium.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Boycs departs TMS on 19:23 - Jun 6 with 668 viewsCiderwithRsie

Boycs departs TMS on 10:43 - Jun 6 by SonofNorfolt

I'd put Isa Guha up as a contestant in the world's sexiest voice competition, could be a close run thing with Cerys Matthews and Penelope Cruz.

I'd put Ebony Rainsford-Brent in there too, mainly for her laugh.
Boycs departs TMS on 19:32 - Jun 6 with 664 viewsCiderwithRsie

Boycs departs TMS on 14:19 - Jun 6 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, her voice is honey. She’s the full package: nice, kind, knowledgeable, experienced, and obviously very good looking.

I can’t stand Boycott; he shouldn’t get a free pass because “that’s who he is” logic. He’s arrogant, patronising, beat his wife, and adds little insight, IMO. Why would I want to listen to that person?

Vaughan is a prize pillock. No self awareness, arrogant beyond comparison, smarmy, see through pretend sincerity, self absorbed...and everything he says in the interest of the sports management agency he wants (e.g player on books should be called up articles all the time).

Aggers has gone to far up how own arse too.

Whilst people don’t want to admit it, and it’s not god the sport isn’t on terrestrial, Sky have nailed cricket. Their coverage is the best coverage of any sport going, IMO.

Hussain and Key are very smart and love the game. Holding is brilliant. Gower is smooth. Botham - a far better cricketer than Boycott - brings the obstinance when needed, and Bumble is great fun, knowingly self deprecating but loves the game too. It sounds silly, but I think there’s less ego in that team. Trescothick, Butcher, Ward, Knight all good too when they’re on it, although Knight could be a little more enthusiastic. But they’ve nailed it.

As an aside a couple of blokes at my cricket club work on the production crew and they have at least twice managed to get the pundits to record a segment analysing footage of a person (for a leaving do, Birthday, etc) at the club, ripping them to shreds in a professional yet funny manner, stopping the tape, highlighting technical flaws, etc. Must take some time, and there’s nothing in for them, but indicates they care about those who care about the game or at least are happy to help out the crew.

Just can’t see Aggers, Vaughan or Boycott bothering with that stuff.

Sky’s team on Free to View TV would be the dream.

Edit: apart from Charles Colville, the bias Surrey git.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 14:21]

I don't have Sky but when I've seen it I've been very impressed.

That said TV and radio are different. I love TMS when I'm working because its great for atmosphere. Cricket's unique like that, I don't give a toss where athletics is coming from and if the Rangers are away the fact that you have to go to Stoke-on-Trent, Luton or even Salford is just unfortunate. But when England are in Kingston Jamaica or Chennai or Perth WA or even the first day at Lords I want to smell the place, hear the accents of the spectators, see the exotic birds on the outfield, taste the food and even the air. Somehow TMS does that better than TV for me and that's genius.

Also one of the great features of TMS are the foreign commentators. Also View From The Boundary is great little feature.

On the matter of personalities I think it's a matter of record that Boycott did a lot to help Jonny Bairstow after his dad's suicide.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024