Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Once upon a time in iraq. 15:54 - Aug 11 with 4596 viewsqpr_1968

anyone watch this 5 part series that finished yesterday on bb2.
very powerful, and opened your eyes to how brave people can be when backs to the wall situations.
again the normal every day person suffered, especially when isis came bowling in mosul and tikrit.
very well put series from start to finish......worth a watch on catch up if you missed it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Once upon a time in iraq. on 13:09 - Aug 13 with 772 viewsYorkRanger

Having read comments from a number of commentators (including Andrew Neil) that it is possibly the best documentary series that the BBC has ever made I watched episode 1 last night. I thought it was excellently constructed and compelling viewing.
Once upon a time in iraq. on 13:29 - Aug 13 with 750 viewsLythamR

Once upon a time in iraq. on 14:59 - Aug 12 by Beckenhamhoop

Desperately sad series. What I find incredibly difficult to fathom is the total absence of any kind of International War Crimes Court convened in Iraq to deal with ISIS members and their facilitators. They had years to sort this out rather than just leave it up to the Kurds and Iraqis to keep some of them in prison and allow many of the others to return, unpunished, to the U.K. and elsewhere.

maybe the powers that be are worried where such a trial might lead, certainly Saudi and the USA not to mention ourselves.

Kurd have been used, abused and dropped as convenient, again.
Once upon a time in iraq. on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 615 viewseastside_r

I watched the first episode of this when it was first shown and realised that this was something very remarkable. I knew that I needed to give it my full attention so binge-watched it all today.

I don’t comment politically on threads and nothing I could say could do this justice.

This is a truly astonishing piece of television documentary, anybody who has any curiosity into the human psyche should watch this.

Well done to all those responsible at Keo Films for making it and the BBC for commissioning it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024