Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County no fine or points deduction 14:24 - Aug 25 with 6563 viewsRangersw12

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:07 - Aug 26 with 1285 viewskensalriser

Derby’s current owners may have got away with it, whether the club and fans have in the long run is a different matter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:08 - Aug 26 with 1280 viewsRog

I think it was fairly obvious they'd get away with this, however what the EFL should do is insist on a fair rental value for the ground based on the purchase cost and this must be accounted for annually going forward. I think a typical ratio is about 15 so that should mean a £5M per year cost for ground rent which does count towards their FFP calculation.

The one I thought they would be done for and don't understand why they aren't was the idea that a player still has value at the end of their contract and so they dropped the depreciation on transfers to a lower value. Clearly that value can't be realised so it must become a loss that they need to account for. Baffling and ultimately looks a bit like dodgy accounting to me.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:11 - Aug 26 with 1269 viewsMatch82

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:20 - Aug 25 by Benny_the_Ball

To be fair we only started doing the right thing once we were fined for doing the wrong.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 20:20]

There aren't many compelling arguments for why FFP is working, but this is one. Their punishment of us "worked" in that we were taking the p*ss and this forced us to get our house in order.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 17:06 - Aug 26 with 1128 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/08/derby-county-club-statement-26th-august-2020

"It is regrettable that clubs who had no involvement in these proceedings ultimately have to pick up the bill for the EFL’s legal costs, and that those clubs who strongly encouraged the EFL to bring proceedings against Derby ought to ask themselves whether they think that outcome is fair"

dicks.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 1035 viewsRoller

I've just skimmed through the independent commissions report. They had a few chartered surveyors calculate the depreciated replacement cost of Pride Park based on a cost per seat basis from other stadia adjusted by construction tender price indices. The mid point of these re-build costs was £83.45 million and so they were happy to accept the sell price of £81 million as a fair market price.

There are over 100 pages in the report and this isn't my field so I hope I've used the terminology correctly.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:33 - Aug 26 with 989 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 17:06 - Aug 26 by aston_hoop

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/08/derby-county-club-statement-26th-august-2020

"It is regrettable that clubs who had no involvement in these proceedings ultimately have to pick up the bill for the EFL’s legal costs, and that those clubs who strongly encouraged the EFL to bring proceedings against Derby ought to ask themselves whether they think that outcome is fair"

dicks.

"dicks"

It's like they want to become a hate figure.

Like the Mr Perfect of the football world.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:55 - Aug 26 with 954 viewsNortholt_Rs

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:11 - Aug 26 by Match82

There aren't many compelling arguments for why FFP is working, but this is one. Their punishment of us "worked" in that we were taking the p*ss and this forced us to get our house in order.

Yeah but it’s only us....every other f u c k e r has cheated their way round the rules. We are the only one who has bent over and taken it up the arris.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 20:55]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:58 - Aug 26 with 937 viewsEsox_Lucius

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:55 - Aug 26 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah but it’s only us....every other f u c k e r has cheated their way round the rules. We are the only one who has bent over and taken it up the arris.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 20:55]

Leeds & Luton?

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 22:30 - Aug 26 with 848 viewsStanFan

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:08 - Aug 26 by Rog

I think it was fairly obvious they'd get away with this, however what the EFL should do is insist on a fair rental value for the ground based on the purchase cost and this must be accounted for annually going forward. I think a typical ratio is about 15 so that should mean a £5M per year cost for ground rent which does count towards their FFP calculation.

The one I thought they would be done for and don't understand why they aren't was the idea that a player still has value at the end of their contract and so they dropped the depreciation on transfers to a lower value. Clearly that value can't be realised so it must become a loss that they need to account for. Baffling and ultimately looks a bit like dodgy accounting to me.

Rog's first para is the answer here. I know nothing about commercial rental values but saddling Derby with a large annual market-value rent which counts against FFP is actually a reasonable outcome now ... so long as they don't get promoted before this catches up with them.

Of course, I have no confidence that the EFL will stop them pulling another fast one, like buying the stadium back again (which probably doesn't count against FFP). And then selling it again. And repeat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024