Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale v Vale 15:09 - Aug 26 with 11508 viewsrkershaw

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1044395074?-1906:1007
Dale v Vale on 16:29 - Aug 29 with 3380 viewsSuddenLad

Penalty to Dale, for a foul on Baah. Scored by Morley. 2-1

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale v Vale on 16:30 - Aug 29 with 3354 views442Dale

ALSO, THE SOCKS ARE A DIFFERENT COLOUR AND DON’T MATCH.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale v Vale on 16:33 - Aug 29 with 3310 viewsDaleiLama

Think I'd give Baah a start vs Morecambe based on what we have now

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale v Vale on 16:43 - Aug 29 with 3178 viewsseasidedale

Just an aside, we have scholars in the squad, they are first years, are the second years considered not good enough
Dale v Vale on 16:54 - Aug 29 with 3045 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale v Vale on 16:33 - Aug 29 by DaleiLama

Give him a game at Hudds first.....
Dale v Vale on 17:00 - Aug 29 with 2923 viewsShun

Dale v Vale on 16:33 - Aug 29 by DaleiLama

I’d be giving him starts against Hudds and Swindon too. He’s already our best forward, and is only going to get better. He’s far from the finished article but I think he has a good future ahead of him.

That game just shows our problems from last season have been exemplified - we play some lovely, lovely stuff but barely ever look like scoring. I’d say Newby’s our biggest goal threat at present. Ryan and Lund both played well.
Dale v Vale on 17:05 - Aug 29 with 2868 viewsJames1980

If Ollie played do we win that game? As sad as it will be to see him go are we better off selling him and bringing in a striker?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Dale v Vale on 17:08 - Aug 29 with 2827 viewsDaleiLama

Dale v Vale on 17:00 - Aug 29 by Shun

I’d be giving him starts against Hudds and Swindon too. He’s already our best forward, and is only going to get better. He’s far from the finished article but I think he has a good future ahead of him.

That game just shows our problems from last season have been exemplified - we play some lovely, lovely stuff but barely ever look like scoring. I’d say Newby’s our biggest goal threat at present. Ryan and Lund both played well.

I would imagine that the Terriers will be a lot more physical and have more guile and it may knock his confidence if he gets pushed around. If he's the sort that would relish that, I agree, but he's been played out of games before (although he was younger and more slight then). I'm sure BBM will use him at some point anyway.

Out style is nice to watch with little or no end product. Not a good combo.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Dale v Vale on 17:09 - Aug 29 with 2811 viewsSuddenLad

Dale v Vale on 17:05 - Aug 29 by James1980

If Ollie played do we win that game? As sad as it will be to see him go are we better off selling him and bringing in a striker?

Presuming that the 'bean counters' would make money available for a striker to be purchased.

Don't hold your breath.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale v Vale on 17:12 - Aug 29 with 2758 viewsDalenet

Dale v Vale on 17:05 - Aug 29 by James1980

We are better with him than without him. Having watched all 3 games that was the best test for us against league opposition. They soon sussed us out in the second half. As soon as Ryan is taken off we fall back. Yes we need a striker, but we need to get the ball to them if we find one.

There are hundreds of League standard players still without a club. I hope we find one. We must surely be able to afford a couple more without needing to sell Rathbone
Dale v Vale on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 2749 viewsseasidedale

Thing is we won’t make any money from the EFL cup as there is no prize money per round and it would be 4th round before any crowds, so will we treat it as a training match?
Dale v Vale on 17:31 - Aug 29 with 2604 viewsChaffRAFC

Dale v Vale on 17:00 - Aug 29 by Shun

I thought Lund was awful and I'm a big fan of his. Gave the ball away a lot and looked miles off the pace. Agree with Ryan though, standout performance for me other than Baah.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dale v Vale on 17:42 - Aug 29 with 2533 viewsrkershaw

Dale v Vale on 17:31 - Aug 29 by ChaffRAFC

I thought Lund was awful and I'm a big fan of his. Gave the ball away a lot and looked miles off the pace. Agree with Ryan though, standout performance for me other than Baah.

Interesting that the best save of the game fell to our considered no.2....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!! ;)
Dale v Vale on 17:52 - Aug 29 with 2480 viewsjonahwhereru

Getting a bit hacked off with the sniping a Matty Done. We got the lad for nowt sold him twice. He came as a midfielder then made a successful transition to forward. Latterly has spent time at left back, which was never his position. Give the lad some respect. As for the comment “a finisher he ain’t” what a joke of a comment. Sheffield bought him because that is exactly what hie was. Striking is about confidence, but if fans keep chipping away at him he will never regain the confidence strikers need.
Really enjoyed the game today. Newby is going to be good enough. He will not be a Jon Shaw.. I can’t get all fatalistic about our forwards and downward spiral. We do need an option of a target man, but the likes of Baah will make an impact in the league this year. Add Rathbone to this midfield and get a left back in and an experienced forward and we will be fine.
Looking forward to competitive action now.
UTD
Dale v Vale on 18:02 - Aug 29 with 2447 viewsChaffRAFC

Dale v Vale on 17:52 - Aug 29 by jonahwhereru

Getting a bit hacked off with the sniping a Matty Done. We got the lad for nowt sold him twice. He came as a midfielder then made a successful transition to forward. Latterly has spent time at left back, which was never his position. Give the lad some respect. As for the comment “a finisher he ain’t” what a joke of a comment. Sheffield bought him because that is exactly what hie was. Striking is about confidence, but if fans keep chipping away at him he will never regain the confidence strikers need.
Really enjoyed the game today. Newby is going to be good enough. He will not be a Jon Shaw.. I can’t get all fatalistic about our forwards and downward spiral. We do need an option of a target man, but the likes of Baah will make an impact in the league this year. Add Rathbone to this midfield and get a left back in and an experienced forward and we will be fine.
UTD

Hill is responsible for trying to turn him into a left back but he came to us as a left winger. He's scored 3 goals in two seasons and didn't play left back last season from memory and he scored one goal, in the EFL Cup. The best thing he does these days, not forgetting he's at the wrong end of his career now at 32, is his movement pulls defenders away but but we're hardly going to be able to rely on him for goals which is what he's going to need to be able to offer.

I thought he was poor today, I think he's been poor since he came back three years ago, partly Hill's fault for trying to turn him into something he's not but he's not offered enough unfortunately.

Tavares doesn't look a natural finisher either, he's got into some good positions today but he should have taken the chances he got as well. He also looks like a breeze would blow him over whereas Baah seems to be impressing more and he had a real positive impact today.

We're so light up front it's frightening. Our attacking options won't get 10 between them I don't think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dale v Vale on 18:16 - Aug 29 with 2368 views442Dale

Dale v Vale on 18:02 - Aug 29 by ChaffRAFC

Hill is responsible for trying to turn him into a left back but he came to us as a left winger. He's scored 3 goals in two seasons and didn't play left back last season from memory and he scored one goal, in the EFL Cup. The best thing he does these days, not forgetting he's at the wrong end of his career now at 32, is his movement pulls defenders away but but we're hardly going to be able to rely on him for goals which is what he's going to need to be able to offer.

I thought he was poor today, I think he's been poor since he came back three years ago, partly Hill's fault for trying to turn him into something he's not but he's not offered enough unfortunately.

Tavares doesn't look a natural finisher either, he's got into some good positions today but he should have taken the chances he got as well. He also looks like a breeze would blow him over whereas Baah seems to be impressing more and he had a real positive impact today.

We're so light up front it's frightening. Our attacking options won't get 10 between them I don't think.

Also, being fair to supporters, I don’t think Done gets a particularly hard time. He’s appreciated for his effort and commended when he’s done well. Unfortunately, he’s not the player he was during the two excellent spells that earring him moves to Barnsley and Sheff U. That was best illustrated by his miss today.

On Baah he has got to learn (or to be coached as it’s such an obvious thing to address) that going down the outside now and again will keep defenders guessing. For all the worry he was causing the Vale RB, it became obvious they knew he’d cut inside and so doubled up. Happened at Stockport too. Have him spend an entire training session practicing getting to the byeline and crossing with his left foot, it won’t do any harm! Also have him switching flanks now and again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale v Vale on 19:33 - Aug 29 with 2148 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale v Vale on 17:09 - Aug 29 by SuddenLad

Presuming that the 'bean counters' would make money available for a striker to be purchased.

Don't hold your breath.

Hey, don't forget these guys will need paying themselves.....beans don't count themselves.
Dale v Vale on 19:41 - Aug 29 with 2117 views49thseason

Dale v Vale on 17:13 - Aug 29 by seasidedale

Thing is we won’t make any money from the EFL cup as there is no prize money per round and it would be 4th round before any crowds, so will we treat it as a training match?

Better to lose and be done with it, there is nothing worth playing for ... play the kids rather than get an injury we can't afford.
Dale v Vale on 20:07 - Aug 29 with 2024 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Dale v Vale on 18:02 - Aug 29 by ChaffRAFC

The happiest person today will be Pep, as our loan keeper is going to get tons of practice this season!

We still piss about at the back all the time, Jim gets the ball, lumbers 3 steps forward, turns 180 degrees and either plays someone else into an awkward spot or gets dispossessed. The amount of times we give the ball away near our own box is a shambles.

We have no height anywhere other than centre back, no goal threat other than Baah (understandably raw but has potential like newby) done runs about sideways doing sod all like he has the last 3 years, Tavares is nowhere near ready.

Of this squad Ryan, Lund, lad who scored (name temporarily forgotten) both keepers (played well today) Boney and McShane look this level or better. Baah and Newby deserve more time and could become very good, the rest are bang average or worse. Calvin would be our biggest goal threat currently!!!!

I don’t blame the players, but we will get hammered week in week out unless we strengthen quickly, but this should have been done already!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Dale v Vale on 20:15 - Aug 29 with 1983 viewsdingdangblue

Dale v Vale on 17:52 - Aug 29 by jonahwhereru

UTD

No point saying 'add Rathbone to this midfield' you might as well say add Camps or Cannon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale v Vale on 20:18 - Aug 29 with 1972 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Dale v Vale on 20:15 - Aug 29 by dingdangblue

No point saying 'add Rathbone to this midfield' you might as well say add Camps or Cannon.

Or Adshead or Allen or ........

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Dale v Vale on 00:16 - Aug 30 with 1475 viewsdownunder

Dale v Vale on 15:41 - Aug 29 by DaleiLama

Pound shop in the sale?

Oh, good. We will have 2.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024