Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back in time 04:20 - Aug 29 with 579 viewsstowmarketrange

It’s another nostalgia post.What era would you have preferred to live in?

I only wish I’d been born in 1950 rather than 1960.I could’ve been listening to all that great sixties music with a bit more awareness as a budding teenager than I did as a toddler.I would’ve been almost 17 during the summer of love rather than 6 and still playing with my action men.
I’m sure I would’ve enjoyed Woodstock or the Isle of Wight festivals more than I did with some of the concerts I went to in the later 70’s.Did they really believe that they could change the world by wearing some flowers in your hair and taking drugs?

I would’ve also seen us win the football World Cup rather than only remembering the rugby and cricket versions.I might also have seen us at the start of our rise up the football league ladder,including the league cup win in 67.
Although I was the first Rangers fan in our family,and still living in Battersea until March 67,so I might’ve been a kings road knuckledragger instead if I’d followed along with my schoolmates at the time.
It’s all academic really,but the 60’s seemed a better decade than the 70’s,but then I would’ve probably been too old for punk.
Back in time on 10:00 - Aug 29 with 445 viewstimcocking

Internet, wouldn't fancy not having the internet.

In my opinion, people my age (a solid 45) have had it pretty good. Still remember life before phones and social media killed the human race, but have access to the internet and video games like Fifa.
Back in time on 11:03 - Aug 29 with 409 viewshantssi

Back in time on 10:00 - Aug 29 by timcocking

Internet, wouldn't fancy not having the internet.

In my opinion, people my age (a solid 45) have had it pretty good. Still remember life before phones and social media killed the human race, but have access to the internet and video games like Fifa.

Wish I was born in’91 not ‘61 then I’d be looking forward to my 30th NOT my 60th!
I actually remember my 30th like it was yesterday, ‘‘twas the day we won way at Anfield for the first time!
Back in time on 11:46 - Aug 29 with 384 viewsstowmarketrange

Back in time on 11:03 - Aug 29 by hantssi

Wish I was born in’91 not ‘61 then I’d be looking forward to my 30th NOT my 60th!
I actually remember my 30th like it was yesterday, ‘‘twas the day we won way at Anfield for the first time!

The day before my 30th we beat Luton 6-1 and even Paul Parker scored.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024