Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Runners - Run the 92 13:44 - Sep 9 with 1845 viewsslmrstid

One for the runners out there...

I know the QPR Runners Facebook group has had some coverage on here before.

Starting this Saturday, to coincide with the start of a new football season, we're starting a virtual running challenge as a group to cover the mileage required to "visit" all 92 Football League grounds in England and Wales, as we're not allowed to attend real football matches still.

The overall distance needed to cover is 2,227 miles (or 3,586km). We've even got pretty maps that show a route, starting and finishing of course from the KPF.

As part of it, hoping to raise a few quid for the QPR in the Community Trust, although it isn't compulsory, is just a nice challenge for QPR fans with an interest in running to take part in and see how long it takes us as a group to cover that mileage!

Whether you can run a mile, or 100 miles, you are welcome to take part. Find the "QPR Runners" group on Facebook for the full information on what we are doing if you are interested
QPR Runners - Run the 92 on 13:51 - Sep 9 with 1822 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great idea.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Runners - Run the 92 on 14:03 - Sep 9 with 1796 viewsstowmarketrange

I can walk briskly up and down Portman road if that helps.
QPR Runners - Run the 92 on 21:55 - Sep 12 with 1508 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Quite a fair few miles ran today by the Runners on day one.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR Runners - Run the 92 on 12:16 - Sep 17 with 1335 viewsslmrstid

Bumping this as we've been recognised by the club today from a phonecall I had with one of the Trust guys on Monday.

If anyone wishes to donate to the Trust as part of a group of runners running nearly 2,300 miles between them, the link is in the article on the club page (just their main donation page). Not sure how much has been raised from those taking part but every little helps!

We're on Day 6 today. As of yesterday, we had completed 830km (515 miles approx) across 33 participants, with 17/92 clubs completed, including the long trip down to Plymouth and back, and heading into Wales. All virtually, I dread to think what it'd be like trying to do it for real!

Every mile counts, so if you fancy lacing up those running trainers and logging some miles, join the QPR Runners group on Facebook.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/community-news/rs-supporters-take-on-the-virtual-92/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024