Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Air Asia hits turbulence 19:12 - Oct 7 with 2720 viewsMickB

All over the business press today. Air Asia is struggling under a debt mountain. The Japanese and Indian subsiaries look to be dead and they are trying to restructure £15bn of debt at rates that look optimistic. Not surprising!
Air Asia hits turbulence on 19:20 - Oct 7 with 2687 viewsLblock

"We are learning - trust us, the future is bright"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:00 - Oct 7 with 2580 viewsCliff

Air Asia hits turbulence on 19:20 - Oct 7 by Lblock

"We are learning - trust us, the future is bright"

To be fair having a plane just go missing under mysterious circumstances, then one shot down over Ukraine, followed by Covid is not something any business would have had contingency plans for.
Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:34 - Oct 7 with 2494 viewsaston_hoop

Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:00 - Oct 7 by Cliff

To be fair having a plane just go missing under mysterious circumstances, then one shot down over Ukraine, followed by Covid is not something any business would have had contingency plans for.

But that was Malaysia Airlines wasnt it? or are they somehow linked?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:39 - Oct 7 with 2474 viewshoopsmark

Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:34 - Oct 7 by aston_hoop

But that was Malaysia Airlines wasnt it? or are they somehow linked?

The Air Asia loss was loss of control by the co pilot, due to maintenance issues with onboard computer system and pilots unaware of proper procedures....

The Ukraine incident was Malaysian airlines....
Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:41 - Oct 7 with 2467 viewsaston_hoop

Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:39 - Oct 7 by hoopsmark

The Air Asia loss was loss of control by the co pilot, due to maintenance issues with onboard computer system and pilots unaware of proper procedures....

The Ukraine incident was Malaysian airlines....

But Malaysia Airlines did have the 2 crashes, the one that went missing in the Indian Ocean (I think) and the Ukraine one, I think that is what the poster was alluding to.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Air Asia hits turbulence on 21:46 - Oct 7 with 2295 viewsLazyFan

Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:41 - Oct 7 by aston_hoop

But Malaysia Airlines did have the 2 crashes, the one that went missing in the Indian Ocean (I think) and the Ukraine one, I think that is what the poster was alluding to.

Technically we do not know what happened to the 1st one.

I suspect it did crash, but most survived on a lost island that teleports around the globe.
Dunno where I got this idea from, but there you go.

zzzzzzzzzz

Air Asia hits turbulence on 02:29 - Oct 8 with 2085 viewsPlanetHonneywood

MA lost two flights: the one shot down over the Ukraine and the other that went missing en route to China in mysterious circumstances.

AA lost one travelling from Indonesia that went down in freakish weather. The reported problem at the time was that AA shouldn’t have been flying the route. Story somehow disappeared.

Low cost airlines rely on bulk and operate on small margins, so when there are economic woes, they struggle a lot more. But they’ve long since been rumoured to be in trouble financially and there’s also two investigators into business practices as well.

No doubt if they go under, QPR will suffer a points deduction!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Air Asia hits turbulence on 07:43 - Oct 8 with 1925 viewsGloucs_R

Air Asia hits turbulence on 02:29 - Oct 8 by PlanetHonneywood

MA lost two flights: the one shot down over the Ukraine and the other that went missing en route to China in mysterious circumstances.

AA lost one travelling from Indonesia that went down in freakish weather. The reported problem at the time was that AA shouldn’t have been flying the route. Story somehow disappeared.

Low cost airlines rely on bulk and operate on small margins, so when there are economic woes, they struggle a lot more. But they’ve long since been rumoured to be in trouble financially and there’s also two investigators into business practices as well.

No doubt if they go under, QPR will suffer a points deduction!

I wonder how much of AA Ruben owns? He's the main guy here now.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 18:19]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Air Asia hits turbulence on 18:18 - Oct 8 with 1671 viewsMickB

As you say, Ruben apoears to be the main man now. & the current Air Asia troubles have nothing to do with crashes and everything to do with having too much debt and too few passengers.
Air Asia hits turbulence on 20:34 - Oct 8 with 1553 viewsswisscottage

Covid Is not good for the Airline/Hotel Business. Even though Malaysia has not been badly hit, the overall impact on international travel and Hotel stays across Asia is going to be a big dent in Tune Group overall. However TuneGroup has a diverse business portfolio which may keep it's head above water.

Ruben's business (Westports Malaysia) is still going string though, and as he is probably the one financing the club mostly at the moment, I wouldn't worry too much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024