Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
toothless tiger nobby stiles 15:58 - Oct 30 with 4970 viewssouthbrookstreet

Rip Nobby you done what was asked of you in 1966 another England hero gone.. RIP mate
toothless tiger nobby stiles on 14:47 - Nov 1 with 1132 viewsfrancisbowles

toothless tiger nobby stiles on 11:28 - Oct 31 by Myke

Cheers FB. My situation a bit similar to yours although I was later coming to the soccer feast. My dad WAS a football fan, but was in England at the time. My mum was English but had no heed on football. My dad brought her to one England v 'Eire' game in the 50's but she wasn't impressed!
In a very remote part of the West of Ireland (still here now looking out at the wind and rain) we didn't even have electricity in'66 never mind a tv. My dad was a big Man Utd fan, so when he came back in 67, he started 'educating' his 3 sons ( I was the youngest at 4) on how wonderful they were - which to be fair at the time they were. Bestie, Law and co were talked about in my house as often as the next door neighbours. Anyway he didn't enjoy much success with his 'recruitment' as he produced a Leeds, Liverpool and QPR fan!

Glad he had one with a bit of sense.

My family were from Wexford town and I was there for the group stage and then home for the QF against Argentina.

The first English league game I was taken to was with a friend and his Irish Man U supporting Dad. It was at Upton Park with Best, Charlton, Styles, Moore, Hurst and Peters. (and f***ing Harry). It was a 3-1 away win. Can't remember any scorers though.

When did you get electricity and TV?
toothless tiger nobby stiles on 15:04 - Nov 1 with 1119 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Bobby Charlton diagnosed with Parkinson's today another one a step closer to the Promised Land after his brother Jack in July.Natural progression of life I guess not that it makes it any easier
toothless tiger nobby stiles on 16:42 - Nov 1 with 1110 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice words here from his Brother in Law, Johnny Giles.

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/nobby-stiles-john-giles-1098358?fbclid=IwAR0Vys

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

toothless tiger nobby stiles on 17:06 - Nov 8 with 1036 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024