Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for pinner 23:19 - Nov 2 with 1499 viewsstowmarketrange

I was linesman on Sunday for my daughter’s match on Sunday,as per usual,and there were a few shouts on both sides for various handballs,none of which were given.I was chatting with the ref at halftime and he said that if a player in women’s football had their hands across their chests and protecting their boobs,then it wouldn’t be given as handball if the ball hit their arms or hands.He said it was because they’re protecting a vulnerable area of their bodies.

Is he right Pinner,or was it just a cop out?And my Mrs would need to put her hands across her knees to protect them.
A question for pinner on 07:48 - Nov 3 with 1377 viewsHarrowRoadR

🤣🤣 made me laugh on a miserable morning. I feel your wife's pain!
A question for pinner on 09:12 - Nov 3 with 1286 viewsStanisgod

Do man boobs count then, if so applies to me 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

A question for pinner on 11:20 - Nov 3 with 1143 viewsQPR_John

Surely if a man or a women crossed their chest with their hands and the ball hit them it would not be handball as is was not a case of making the body bigger. Of course if the hands moved towards the ball (hands hit ball) that would be different.
A question for pinner on 13:58 - Nov 3 with 1006 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes I'm with John on this one, as long as you're not moving hands (and body) towards the ball then I would find it hard to justify giving handball in the circumstances you describe.
A question for pinner on 14:13 - Nov 3 with 975 viewsstowmarketrange

A question for pinner on 13:58 - Nov 3 by PinnerPaul

Yes I'm with John on this one, as long as you're not moving hands (and body) towards the ball then I would find it hard to justify giving handball in the circumstances you describe.

Thanks mate.Our ref said it was specific to women’s football though,which I was surprised about.But he told us beforehand to leave all freekicks to him anyway,but it seemed that the players weren’t aware of this law either,including my daughter who apparently saw a handball from over 80 yards away when the ref didn’t see it from only 5 yards away.
A question for pinner on 15:11 - Nov 3 with 889 viewsPinnerPaul

A question for pinner on 14:13 - Nov 3 by stowmarketrange

Thanks mate.Our ref said it was specific to women’s football though,which I was surprised about.But he told us beforehand to leave all freekicks to him anyway,but it seemed that the players weren’t aware of this law either,including my daughter who apparently saw a handball from over 80 yards away when the ref didn’t see it from only 5 yards away.

Just double checked and there is no mention of protecting a vulnerable area of the body in the LOTG.

However, as you said, its does say that its not usually handball if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024