Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bednarek 17:05 - Dec 19 with 2543 viewsRon11

FFS how many zillion times did he send a pass straight back or just pass back to McCarthy in the second half instead of trying to do something constructive with the ball. Anybody would have thought they were 1-0 up not 0-1 down.
Also Ralph made a serious error of judgement starting Djenepo again. He just ran around like a headless chicken. Even a slightly off colour Armstrong would have been better. Redmond came on but his game was somewhere else. He should have started instead of Ings, who clearly is still not fit, and should have been on the bench.
City were poor and were there for the taking, especially in the second half. But we got the inevitable throwing of strikers at it when the inevitable happened and Ings went off.
Three points given away on a plate.
Bednarek on 01:36 - Dec 21 with 503 viewsTimSaint

Bednarek on 22:34 - Dec 20 by Ron11

I watched it on Amazon Prime, and I can assure you he didn't look forward most of the time, Vestergaard however did.

So just to ask and not taking sides.....

Does the fact that being at the stadium mean you opinion has more clout ?

Or

Do you think various angles offered from viewing the game on TV, gave a better perspective from which to base an opinion ?

:-)

Just curious, as not been drawn out yet - but hopeful of being selected sometime in January (if there isn't another lockdown to endure).

TimSaint

Bednarek on 08:57 - Dec 21 with 461 viewsSadoldgit

Our two centre halves do different jobs and are now complementing each other well. As we all know we have struggled there for some time so it is good to finally see a pair working together. Hoj has found his place at Spurs yet struggled with us because we wanted him doing things that we not in his locker. How often do you see two ball playing centre halves together?
Bednarek on 09:29 - Dec 21 with 447 viewsBerber

McCarthy's distribution has improved by multiples, so maybe the coach should spend a bit of time with Bednarek too? He can only get better at it.
Bednarek on 08:38 - Dec 22 with 407 viewsRon11

Bednarek on 01:36 - Dec 21 by TimSaint

So just to ask and not taking sides.....

Does the fact that being at the stadium mean you opinion has more clout ?

Or

Do you think various angles offered from viewing the game on TV, gave a better perspective from which to base an opinion ?

:-)

Just curious, as not been drawn out yet - but hopeful of being selected sometime in January (if there isn't another lockdown to endure).

I'm sure the various angles offered from viewing the game on the TV probably gave a better perspective.
I wasn't actually knocking Bednarek as a defender, it was just the repeated immediate return of a pass or back to McCarthy when a goal behind at home. Each time this happened it wasted more time and potential opportunity to get the ball forward into the City half, who I thought looked well below par.
I wasn't suggesting he should not do it at all, but it's frustrating to watch when you're losing...
1-0 up against City however, yes keep as much possession as possible, but when you're behind - go for it!
It just reminds me of the Puel era, blindingly boring to to watch - yes people will say Saints finished 8th and got to a final - I'd rather finish 14th having enjoyed some amazing positive football....
Bednarek on 08:57 - Dec 22 with 403 viewsSalisburySaint

Bednarek on 08:38 - Dec 22 by Ron11

I'm sure the various angles offered from viewing the game on the TV probably gave a better perspective.
I wasn't actually knocking Bednarek as a defender, it was just the repeated immediate return of a pass or back to McCarthy when a goal behind at home. Each time this happened it wasted more time and potential opportunity to get the ball forward into the City half, who I thought looked well below par.
I wasn't suggesting he should not do it at all, but it's frustrating to watch when you're losing...
1-0 up against City however, yes keep as much possession as possible, but when you're behind - go for it!
It just reminds me of the Puel era, blindingly boring to to watch - yes people will say Saints finished 8th and got to a final - I'd rather finish 14th having enjoyed some amazing positive football....

I would disagree regards angles on TV, often camera focused on man on the ball and those very near him, it doesn't show how out of shot, players are running into space but ignored, which happened several times on Saturday and to me were wasted opportunities, or that al the players in front of man with ball are tightly marked.

These instances are often only shown in replays after an event rather than at the time. Whereas in the ground you can see these things happening in front of you and appreciate at times why or forward pass is not being made.

Mind you there are still many in the ground with who still want ball hoofed forward no matter what, but that's not the way Ralph wants them to play, a hoof is the last resort.

Regards comparisons with Puel, I can see where you coming from but feel the players we have now, eg Adams, Ings, Armstrong and Walcott are more able to find spaces in between midfield and opponents defence and are passing is more cutting and we are far more productive and generally make many more chances than we did under Puel.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 8:58]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024