Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pulis sacked 23:38 - Dec 28 with 5476 viewsSuperhoop83

Even by Championship standards that was a brief stint in charge.

More to this than meets the eye?

Suffering since 1978.

Pulis sacked on 16:16 - Dec 29 with 1255 viewsQPR_John

Pulis sacked on 13:16 - Dec 29 by A40Bosh

absolutely not

Leave Gaz as the legend he is - he won't improve things.
As a said before my Charlton season ticket next door neighbour (who is a decent bloke and would tell you how it is) says that not a single tear would have been shed for Bonne and he flattered to deceive all of last season with only a few good games. Dykes is proving how difficult it is to step up from Scottish football to the Championship and that leaves Chair with the pressure of "not being the Eze replacement - but being the Eze replacement" because BOS has been told for some reason recently "if you can be bothered during the game, just get the ball and keep roasting fullbacks until you run out of pitch and try and win a corner before you run in to the hoardings"

In fairness to Gaz I would rather he stuck with Wycombe now that they seems to have a bit more financial stability or worst case he moved to another Championship club and proved he can work with decent players on a restricted budget and show improvement - I would hate to be back in the stands in April and May and listen to some of the bile coming from the very back two rows of F/G block that will start raining down on him when we are still 19th (if we are lucky) and losing 0-1

"Dykes is proving how difficult it is to step up from Scottish football to the Championship"

But by all accounts he has stepped up from Scottish football to International football. So where is the problem
Pulis sacked on 16:54 - Dec 29 with 1195 viewsA40Bosh

Pulis sacked on 16:16 - Dec 29 by QPR_John

"Dykes is proving how difficult it is to step up from Scottish football to the Championship"

But by all accounts he has stepped up from Scottish football to International football. So where is the problem

I think the problem is that, not only he has only played in 7 games for Scotland, he has had players like Andy Robertson, Scott McTominay, Ryan Fraser and Kenny McLean as well as Fleck and McGinn playing alongside him and his two goals have come from service from better players than he has than at QPR.

He has played nearer 20 games for us I reckon at this stage and as he doesn't have the quality of service regularly putting it on his head he has relied on penalties thus far(which he clearly has a good showing so far) and hasn't show great movement to try and mix it up and create opportunities for himself.

However, much of my angst is more so with the fact that Warbs ball consists of a lot of dinky triangles over by the touch line and then BOS trying to win corners or penalties rather than looking for a decent cross in to Dykes and Bonne

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Pulis sacked on 10:26 - Mar 1 with 997 viewsrsonist

What is Darren Moore doing.
Pulis sacked on 10:29 - Mar 1 with 985 viewsNorthernr

Pulis sacked on 10:26 - Mar 1 by rsonist

What is Darren Moore doing.

Odd move, though Donny have rather fallen off a cliff since Whiteman left.
Pulis sacked on 10:35 - Mar 1 with 954 viewsTheChef

Pulis sacked on 10:29 - Mar 1 by Northernr

Odd move, though Donny have rather fallen off a cliff since Whiteman left.

More money, big club, be the man to turn it around, etc.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pulis sacked on 12:28 - Mar 1 with 717 viewsrsonist

Pulis sacked on 10:35 - Mar 1 by TheChef

More money, big club, be the man to turn it around, etc.

Yeah what looks a wild risk at first is probably actually just brutal pragmatism on his part. Failing there won't kill his career. Pretty sad to dump Donny with what he built still in striking distance of promotion though.
Pulis sacked on 12:45 - Mar 1 with 671 viewsDieByYourSide

Can't blame him, really. Pretty harshly done by at West Brom if memory serves and Sheffield Wednesday is more the calibre of job I'd have expected him to have got next without a detour via Doncaster tbh.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Pulis sacked on 13:46 - Mar 1 with 588 viewsDubaiR

Jury out on Moore.

Did well at WBA when nothing to lose in the prem, sacked when 4th but with a very good squad in the Championship.

Started really well at Donny but again lost the last 4 I think and down to 6th in League 1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024