Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talent Show 19:31 - Jan 6 with 3192 viewsDixie_CT

A friend of mine is a bit of a multi talented fella. He is a Dr. of his profession, has written more books than I’ve read, is a keen archer, has kept bees and recently sent me a video of him playing the bag pipes!!

I feel like a bit of a talentless fella compared to him but got me wondering, what talents you lot or people you know may have, hidden or not?
Talent Show on 10:55 - Jan 8 with 475 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Talent Show on 16:43 - Jan 7 by Dixie_CT

As an ex-sailor in the Royal Navy, people cannot fathom that I am a terrible swimmer. I remind them that the idea is to stay on the boat although we did have to pass a swim test which involved swimming a few lengths and treading water whilst wearing overalls.

After I left the Navy I ended up in Belfast. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to apply for a job as a lifeguard at a council swimming pool in Bagnor. For the interview/test, I had to swim six lengths, 2 x freestyle, 2 x butterfly and 2 x recovery stroke, which is basically on your side. I set off like Phelps but by the second length had blown a gasket and was knackered. Never swam butterfly or recovery stroke and have not since. Erik the Eel comes to mind...

It got worse, second part, I had to swim recovery stroke but this time with a person! The person was quite an attractive female who was also going for a job. Well, I was so bad, poor girl was trying to help but it made little difference.

To top it all, I had only eaten a banana for breakfast and by a mixture of extreme fatigue and embarrassment, I threw it up. Fortunately, I felt it coming and had excused myself to go to the toilet.

Last one was the dive down challenge and collect the dummy body. Not sure why they let me carry on, pure hilarity probably, and I am not sure I managed to collect the body but think I told them that I had 'touched it'

Did not get the job.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 16:45]

That sounds like a great analogy for applying to be a current Tory Government minister - except that you WOULD have got the job...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024