Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timely Sticking Plasters 19:57 - Feb 6 with 1762 viewsHastings_Hoops

Listened to the QPR pod this week - and as usual very much enjoyed it. Brilliant melancholy but well thought through contributions from Clive.

One thing mentioned was a concern about the three signings this January being sticking plasters. I totally agree, being mindful of context - eg, it's a good good thing.

Amos and Caroll were signed in the summer, using up some of the (vastly dwindling) Eze money and then got injured. Amos in particular was showing his worth in the plan. Then Caroll. Part misfortune and part lack of planning given the injury history of these two? In truth, they sign for a lower championship team for a reason, so we can't be too hard on the DoF / Manager for this.

Dykes has been isolated and his confidence has shrunk week on week, but there is something there - I believe he will click.

The signing of De Wis is sensible to allow Masterson to go out on loan and rack up appearances towards the magic 50 and he will come back better for it - maybe when Dickie is sold.

The Johansen signing is exactly what we need and he adds grit to a feeble team and hopefully trains Ball and Betache in "dark arts".

Similarly, the Austin signing has added an on-field coach for Bonne and Dykes (and Kelman?), a big presence, a loud voice and more coaching in the dark arts of winning football matches.

I don't anticipate that any of the above are a long term fixture at QPR. I don't think they need to be. I do think that their introduction will keep the good ship QPR afloat this season, allowing the buy cheap & sell high model to grow.

On that subject - this is looking really promising and I believe Ferdinand / Warburton's scouting in a post-covid landscape could be very good indeed.

Dieng - playing brilliantly: 4 years on his contract
Dickie - playing brilliantly: 3-4 years on his contract
Chair - playing brilliantly: 5 years on his contract
I even think that Barbet could be worth a million or so come the end of this season.

...however - wouldn't it be great if we scraped into 6th and went up this season! Would love to keep these lads on the books and build from there!

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:04 - Feb 6 with 1745 viewsTacticalR

Sticking plaster was obviously needed as blood was gushing from the wounds.

This is a strange season and we need to stay up at all costs and then work out where to go from here.

Dieng and Chair are pre-Warburton signings.

Air hostess clique

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:15 - Feb 6 with 1712 viewsMatch82

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:04 - Feb 6 by TacticalR

This is a strange season and we need to stay up at all costs and then work out where to go from here.

True that Dieng and chair were signed before Warburton but he has to take credit for being the only manager to fully utilize them surely? Same with Eze and same with BOS. While the latter left a bitter taste, if other managers had figured out a way to use BOS the way Warburton had, he'd have either signed a new contract or been sold for a lot more.
Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:33 - Feb 6 with 1666 viewsTacticalR

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:15 - Feb 6 by Match82

True that Dieng and chair were signed before Warburton but he has to take credit for being the only manager to fully utilize them surely? Same with Eze and same with BOS. While the latter left a bitter taste, if other managers had figured out a way to use BOS the way Warburton had, he'd have either signed a new contract or been sold for a lot more.

Fair enough about Warburton using the players, but Hastings_Hoops specifically mentioned Warburton's scouting.

Air hostess clique

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:36 - Feb 6 with 1644 viewsHastings_Hoops

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:04 - Feb 6 by TacticalR

He’s developed them
Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:36 - Feb 6 with 1642 viewsterryb

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:33 - Feb 6 by TacticalR

Fair enough about Warburton using the players, but Hastings_Hoops specifically mentioned Warburton's scouting.

Actually he said Ferdinand/Warburton.

Surely that would cover pre MW's time at the club?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 20:37]
Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:40 - Feb 6 with 1628 viewsHastings_Hoops

Timely Sticking Plasters on 20:36 - Feb 6 by terryb

Actually he said Ferdinand/Warburton.

Surely that would cover pre MW's time at the club?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 20:37]

Absolutely - *ferdinand* and Warburton ...and if you re-read the OP, not in the context of Chair and Dieng themselves being scouted by him (albeit he has developed them).
Timely Sticking Plasters on 21:53 - Feb 6 with 1553 viewsbakerloo8

We've won 4 out of 5 since Chas come back. 6 points in 2 games since we signed Stegan Johanssen. Timely indeed.

The kids we have are gonna be good, but we need the right players around them so they can develop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024